Community
Wiki Posts
Search

caster racing-first 1/8th ep buggy full kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default caster racing-first 1/8th ep buggy full kit

hey all: Saw this on neobuggy and thought it was interesting. I'd like to know if 1/8th brushless electric buggies and even truggies will take off as big time racing classes. Thanks for the info
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3625
Old 04-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would be very suprised if they don't.

I loved 1/8 scale buggy racing when I tried it, but tuning a nitro engine just isn't my thing and neither are the fumes and mess from the fuel. I can see others having those issues.

Also, with the electric power plant being quiet you can now run these scale of vehicles in areas where noise concerns kept the nitros from being put in.

Finally, with the scale being the same as 1/8 scale buggies, you get all those benefits too.

I would say that 1/8 scale electric vehicles have a chance of growing as fast as what we saw with Truggies in the racing market, especially now with 1/8 scale oriented ESCs going to be on the market soon.

I loved my E-MBX5, and I will love my RC8-E too.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i to think this class will really take off i have a good deal of interest in it. shouldnt this thread be over on the electric forum? LOL
Old 04-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey roscoe: Yah i think your right this thread should be in the ecelctric forum,but i thought since it was about converting 1/8th nitro into electric that i would put it here so if it needs to be moved feel free. Thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Totally off topic, but b-man, do you play cod4 online allot? I think i played you on a map or two last night, me and you kept running into each other in the district map. (i think that is what map it was.)
Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

I think it should be here in nitro myself. There are probably a lot of 1/8 scale owners who would never consider going over to the electric section simply because they might think that it is all 1/10 scales and 1/18 scales and have no interest in them due to size and durability issues. It looks like there is a thread over there anyways, but with the popularity of conversions, it should probably be in both.

We can talk about the ZX-1R or K8-T instead if you would like....
Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One of the things needed is the new crop of ESCs that are being developed and soon to be released. Tekin and Castle are going to hit it big if they can deliver the goods. Speedpassion also if they can do it right...

Also, in general people need to be realistic when they choose a motor/battery/esc setup for these cars, especially if they want to race. The natural thing for racers is to strap in all the horsepower you can get. But that's not a good thing in this case. Powering a +8lb car for 20 minutes without overheating requires a proper setup.

Castle's MambaMax made these cars phenomenally easier and less expensive to run, even when considering the rather expensive Neu motors many are using. Before the MM, (and the Neu motor) it was very difficult to get a setup to run long races without thermalling.

Now we are expecting these new systems to be another big step forward.... so it was a perfect time to see a factory build car.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitro vs. Electric

Doesn't have to be a problem. In fact, many guys that race electric 1/8 cars also have nitros. Some run nitro outside in the summer and electric indoors during the winter. I think that's a perfect evolution of the sport/hobby. Not everyone has year-round outdoor weather or a winter indoor facility for nitros.

I've built 1/8 electrics for several years... and I just raced nitro last weekend.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey wes95:nope i've never played that on line,thanks anyways