Community
Wiki Posts
Search

os xz28

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default os xz28

hey does anyone have a os xz28 in a truggy is it good a engine or is the os 21 vspec better
thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I saw one run the other day. It looks and sounds like a really good engine. However, the guy was running his smallest restrictor and it looked WAY overpowered. He could not even wind it out on the back straight. Not much would touch it power wise IMO. Not sure of runtimes. He was running an 086 pipe on it to try and soften up the low end a bit. I would love to have one but my trigger finger could never be soft enough to make use of it! LOL
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It has lots of power, so much that if your not hooking up or have enough grip, it may be overkill.

If you look at the new Novarossi series of .28, they have I think 3 new plus versions in 3,5, and 7 port. Also Axe Rossi just dropped the .25 and a new .24 from Trinity. It appears they are trying to get a bit more power, but not as high as a .28. Anyway, the OS ZX is very good, just keep in mind you may have to tame it down.

The V-Spec will work fine also. Has enough to push the truggies.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd like to have the V-spec with a standard plug. Not too many people around here run turbo plugs.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by david94
hey does anyone have a os xz28 in a truggy is it good a engine or is the os 21 vspec better
thanks
I just got a O.S. .28 and still haven't broke it in yet. I know there fast though definitely a big grin down the back straight and you wont lack any power any where.

I have a V-Spec to, tons of snap and all the top you could want. But the Truggy class is open motor and the power is half the fun so I bought a .28.

Its a tuff decision to make if you have a Buggy like me, I cant run it in my buggy unless they will let me out law the class.

So keep in mind if you think you may want to swap motors for other racing it may be better to get the V-spec it more versatile.