JConcepts

Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (54)
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,363
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default JConcepts

I just figured I would start a thread for questions, concerns, comments, etc. Feel free to post up anything related to our products, and I'll do my best to monitor this thread.

www.jconcepts.net
www.ifmarworldchampion.com
AndyMoore is offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
KThatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

All of J-concepts stuff is awesome.. i run their bodies on all for of my cars.. plus i just started using thier wheelsand tires, the double dees are HOOKED UP..i cant wait till they come out for the truggy.....
KThatcher is offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,672
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

one complaint is the jammin x1 cr body doesnt fit very well the front piece doesnt clear the front shock tower it requires you to bend the body down to get the clip on.


but i love the truggy bodys they fit awesome and the holes were perfect for the jammin truggy
cheesecake is offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
KThatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

which body?? i run the V2 and it fit like a glove
KThatcher is offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,672
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

http://www.tiltedrc.com/product_info...oducts_id=2869
cheesecake is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
KThatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

ohh I see.. i thought u had a CRT... ya buggy bodies always piss me off.
KThatcher is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does that mean Jconcept tyres are available in the UK now?
IanWright is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (54)
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,363
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KThatcher View Post
All of J-concepts stuff is awesome.. i run their bodies on all for of my cars.. plus i just started using thier wheelsand tires, the double dees are HOOKED UP..i cant wait till they come out for the truggy.....
We appreciate the compliments, as soon as the 1/8th truck tires are officially available, I'll be sure to post!

Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
one complaint is the jammin x1 cr body doesnt fit very well the front piece doesnt clear the front shock tower it requires you to bend the body down to get the clip on.


but i love the truggy bodys they fit awesome and the holes were perfect for the jammin truggy
Hmm, I'll take a look at that. Is it a problem with the cut lines? Perhaps you could just trim the body a little more?

Originally Posted by IanWright View Post
Does that mean Jconcept tyres are available in the UK now?
We've yet to find a reliable distributor there. There have been several "distributors", but none are willing to carry our full line on a consistant basis. Im afraid that directly from US, or another site that ships internationally may be the only option at the moment.
AndyMoore is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,672
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

the mold didnt have any bend near the front and the front body mount is just slightly below the shock tower near the bottom i would take a picture of it but i dont have the buggy anymore. the rest of the body fit great.


no the crt bodys fit awesome

and the wheels rock tooo
cheesecake is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM
  #10  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Has there been any thought on making 1/10th molded inserts for tires?
soup is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

How about a longer .5 CRT body that fits better on
the newer extended chassis .5's. One that looks more
like the CRT V2 body. The 2.2 molded buggy foams
also sounds like a good idea.
rageworks is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (54)
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,363
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by soup View Post
Has there been any thought on making 1/10th molded inserts for tires?
We have thought about it, but in our testing, the current foam works better. Molded inserts tend to create wear on the center of the tire...not necessarily the contact patch...e.g. 1/8th buggy tires.

Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
the mold didnt have any bend near the front and the front body mount is just slightly below the shock tower near the bottom i would take a picture of it but i dont have the buggy anymore. the rest of the body fit great.

no the crt bodys fit awesome

and the wheels rock tooo
Interesting, I appreciate you detailing that, I'll definately have a look tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
How about a longer .5 CRT body that fits better on
the newer extended chassis .5's. One that looks more
like the CRT V2 body. The 2.2 molded buggy foams
also sounds like a good idea.
Noted.
AndyMoore is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Andy,


I think you will need to pick up a 1/8th Buggy or Truggy since you started the thread. That is if you do not have one already.

Almost done school?

I have race this wekend and I am looking forward to wheeling my RC8 on the JC wheels and tires.


TTYL
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:11 PM
  #14  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It irritates me when people do this, yet stil... Andy, you have a PM.
IanWright is offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (54)
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,363
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
Andy,


I think you will need to pick up a 1/8th Buggy or Truggy since you started the thread. That is if you do not have one already.

Almost done school?

I have race this wekend and I am looking forward to wheeling my RC8 on the JC wheels and tires.


TTYL
Kevin Boyle
KB, I actually have an XRAY car, if you notice the paint on the 0053 (XB8 EC) body.

School...another semester and I believe Im done, soo excited.

Post up how the tires were!

Originally Posted by IanWright View Post
It irritates me when people do this, yet stil... Andy, you have a PM.
I recieved your pm, I just havent gotten a change to respond...and my pm box is full so I need to clean some out. They could just raise the limit passed 1000 for me though?
AndyMoore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.