Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Noob in need of help!!! >

Noob in need of help!!!

Noob in need of help!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Noob in need of help!!!

So im new to the r/c world and so far im loving it. I just got a OCM Nitro DT-19, and my question is, what kinda of engine should i go with? I want a really good quality engine that will be reliable with good power. Im mostly going to be romping on it, but i would like to take it racing everyonce in a while? thanks for the suggestions ahead of time
Old 04-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joelg
So im new to the r/c world and so far im loving it. I just got a OCM Nitro DT-19, and my question is, what kinda of engine should i go with? I want a really good quality engine that will be reliable with good power. Im mostly going to be romping on it, but i would like to take it racing everyonce in a while? thanks for the suggestions ahead of time
no offense, and im sure everyone else will say this, but use the search button.

or at least tell us your price range, then id tell you personally what id get with that money. it may not be the most powerful or the best, but its what I would pick. (and im a noob kinda)
Old 04-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The point of a internet forum is to ask questions not to tell people to uise the search button..... seriously every question you have asked we could have said that to you.

now i would highly reccomend the go 3port sport... great mill for 114 dollars from amain. the ocm is a sweet buggy i hope you enjoy it.

link for go http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16977

Last edited by cheesecake; 04-04-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: link
Old 04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheesecake
The point of a internet forum is to ask questions not to tell people to uise the search button..... seriously every question you have asked we could have said that to you.

now i would highly reccomend the go 3port sport... great mill for 114 dollars from amain. the ocm is a sweet buggy i hope you enjoy it.

somebody had to say it and thats the first time ive EVER told someone to use the search button, and im not at all trying in any way to be a dick, but theres LOTS of "what kind of engine to get" threads, i look through em too hoping to get an answer as to what my next engine will be, but all you get is 10 or 11 different people all saying a different engine.

thats why i asked for a price range, its A LOT easier to guide him that way. it really depends on what hes planning on doing with it. personally i have a .28, which i believe is mainly a truggy engine, in my mbx5 buggy and its insane power, almost too much because it damn near NEVER catches, its always spinning out, even at top speed.

and not to start an argument, but you gotta admit, my questions are pretty unique and probably cant be found in the search button.

to OP: you say youre "loving it". does that mean youve just watched people race and read the foums, or have you already owned a nitro rc car of your own? i dont know what kind your car is, i dont even know if its a nitro! if it isnt, i shouldnt be here...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for the suggestion cheesecake, n thanks for not being rude. What can i expect from the GO engine u suggest?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you should go for what fits your budget. if you can wait then save up a couple dollars here and there till you get what you want but if you want to run already then figure out a budget and go for something that fits it
Old 04-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

the go 3 port is a great beginner engine its easy on the budget and you wont get pissed if you blow it up from not being tuned. its easy to tune and as a decent amount of power.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

the go 3 port is a great beginner engine its easy on the budget and you wont get pissed if you blow it up from not being tuned. its easy to tune and as a decent amount of power.
dude your awesome but i wish you should have told me that before i bought a novarossi and a werks lol at the same time! lol
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fadedmindz
dude your awesome but i wish you should have told me that before i bought a novarossi and a werks lol at the same time! lol
sell the werks the carbs are junk....ive seen nothing but issues and everyone by me has replaced the werks carbs with the os carb off the vspec. wich novarossi did you buy?
Old 04-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

the 421b. so the werks sux.....hmmmmm ill see i will think about it now lol
Old 04-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

well let me rephrase that the werks engines are a powerhouse with carb issues. they are great engines my freind runs one and he still is using the stock carb but everyone else i know switches to the os carb. i ran a novarossi p5 for 5 gallons and loved it. eveyrone told me it was going to be a pita to tune but i never had a issue with it. ill be buying a go 5 port for my truggy once i decide to order one
Old 04-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

wow are those go engine really that good? hearing a lot of things about them from you
Old 04-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

ive been doing alot of reading about them. i personally know alot of people that run them xheck out the go engines thread for a budget engine they are really good. i want to try out there 3 port race engine and compare it to my vspec one day
Old 04-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

lmk how that goes lol
Old 04-05-2008, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

will do i also run the rb s3 but i dont have any real track time on eit
i ran it with a jp1 so it was wild down low but had nothing up top

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.