Search

Best Pipe - Turmoil Pro .21 V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Best Pipe - Turmoil Pro .21 V2

Hello,
From what I have read on here and other forums, the .21 V2 engine is pretty good but can be alot better with an aftermarket pipe? What pipe would you recommend buying for this motor? I was looking at the JP-3, is this a good choice? Also, those of you that run a Turmoil or Turmoil Pro, do you recommend running a vented clutch bell or staying with a "closed-up" one? Thanks!

Blake
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Have been running one of these for just under 2 years now. My favorite was the OS 2050. That engine has a little bite to it. The 2050 tammed it down and the fuel milage went through the roof!
I would say the JP-4 if were to go the Jammin route.
053 if you go the standards route.
It is a great motor that will run with just about any in the industry.
Be sure to run your inserts!
Hope this helps,
TEX
Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Insert?? What do you mean, honestly. Also, Jammin or Standard? I am going to be racing this ONLY, no bashing if that is what you mean. Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

By standard I assume he means the Ofna pipes vs the jammin line. For inserts he is talking about the venturi's for the carb. Run a smaller restrictor witht the right pipe and run times will go up quite a bit. These are great mills! Shh! Don't tell everybody. I could buy 3 of these for the price of a high end mill. And be honest with yourself. 90% of racers are not good enough to be able to utilize the extra little bit a high end mill will give you. And rebuild are CHEAP! The only problom I have had with them was a leaky front bearing.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

JP-2 or an 086 pipe. I run a JP-2 on mine and go 8 1/2 mins outdoors on a medium/large track and bone dry at 10 mins on a small indoor track.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up long time sportwerks fan

I have ran the mayhems pro's and turmoil pro's the stock pipe works just fine if you are wanting more bottom end the jp-1 works fine sounds different but good the carb inserts will help you control the beast more than you might think but their 21 and 26 are great engines we have been running a mod. .26 for about 10 gallons with no problem. Does any one know of any race series in or close to springfield mo?