R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Cool 1/8 Buggy tyre!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/214370-cool-1-8-buggy-tyre.html)

jwill02 03-28-2008 01:13 AM

Cool 1/8 Buggy tyre!!!

1 Attachment(s)
:cool::cool: Very cool tyre from VP-Pro Racing , i think such tread pattern is very suitable for Hard pack track:nod:

dgraham225 03-28-2008 02:48 AM

i knew this would surface sooner or later.. its funny how this is 99.9% identical to the cobra tire thats been in the works for the last few months; a few of us have been watching its progress the whole time.. then here this one comes, lol! wonder where they got that that hot new tread design?:eek::lol:...and no, theyre not affiliated in any way.

dgraham225 03-28-2008 02:57 AM

here ya go, these pics were posted here at the end of january and were in the works WELL before then...

looks pretty similar, doesnt it?

[img]
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...core_001-1.jpg

jwill02 03-28-2008 03:01 AM

Hmmm....no ,dont not like the Corbra..

Someone told me before their tyre performance is very good, 2grams lighter than G×P 1/8 buggy tyre and MORE BALANCE, just cool, and not so expensive, that is the one for us,cool!!:o:lol:

oople 03-28-2008 03:06 AM

If you asked me to name either of those tyres, I'd say they were both proline holeshots - but maybe I don't study tyres enough? :)

jwill02 03-28-2008 03:16 AM

:lol::lol: haha... most racers remove the pin adjacent to the center lug from holeshot , they will produce more forward traction, and will look like a mini bow tie, and work much better.... the Turbox Trax is the one , hahah.. i can buy 4 pcs instead of 3 pcs of holeshot ,GRP or corbra with same quality or better......:D:D

Wahaha,, i can practise more..can make me faster...look forward it

COBRARACING 03-28-2008 04:19 AM

just to set the record straight .

It doesnt matter how many tyres of ours Vp Pro copies it makes no difference to us .

Vp Pro will never match the quality of cobra in materials or the lap times and the consistancy either .How good is it to use a top quality product with a bad quality price tag .

its all in the materials and the manufacturing process and we have it perfected as alot of customers around the world from finland ,the usa and most of southern parts of europe have tested and proven the consistancy,fast lap times ,able to work on all surfaces and the reliability of cobra products against other big name brands .

people talk about rotational mass and light rims (this one makes me laugh so much i can't bare it no more )throw rotational mass out the window if your rims warp or your tyres are out of shape rotational mass means nothing.0.5 of a gram in extra rim weight means nothing at all but it also gives you the upper edge of the rims not warping or cracking as long as the correct materials are used.

Cobra has the only rims and tyres in the world they dont need these ultimate racing wheel balancers as every tyre and rim is made to perfection.dont take my word for it when you try them you will find out yourselfs.

enough said

regards Angelo

jwill02 03-28-2008 05:27 AM

:lol::tire: Really?:confused: sounds not bad. I just heard from my Germany the VP tyre is 2 gram lighter than GXP , but not the rim, and more balance while the wear is remarkably samll .:nod:

But i think Corbra and VP both excellent:smile:. i think both are good choices
It is not good to say SOME ONE copies someone, no evidence , we are racers ,dont know. Maybe corbra copy holeshot, haha ... sorry just kidding:lol:.

i have not seen the Corbra one, never tried ,hard to say
But my Germany friend told me he tried the VP ones, very good, so i am looking forward buying here.

Haha. i will look for the the Corbra here, and will try both and compare!

Let share info together, i need more interest products to make me faster and faster.

Thanks for all the great products from VP and Corbra.:lol::lol::spidey:

DOMIT 03-28-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by jwill02 (Post 4303730)
:lol::tire: Really?:confused: sounds not bad. I just heard from my Germany the VP tyre is 2 gram lighter than GXP , but not the rim, and more balance while the wear is remarkably samll .:nod:

It is not good to say SOME ONE copies someone, no evidence , we are racers ,dont know. Maybe corbra copy holeshot, haha ... sorry just kidding:lol:.

We DO know. Angelo isn't just a racer. He's the guy that designed those tires, and the owner of Team Cobra International.

But my Germany friend told me he tried the VP ones, very good, so i am looking forward buying here.

Let share info together, i need more interest products to make me faster and faster.

Angelo, did you look into what I told you about design patents?

Nay0k 03-28-2008 12:26 PM

Corbra
corbra

Corbra

Corbra

Corbra.

COBRA NOT CORBRA

COBRARACING 03-28-2008 03:56 PM

Just to let you know the German Distributor use to be our cobra distributor but he didnt want tyres that wear or quality.
A tyre that has no wear also doesn't work .Look at the formula one or car racing in general if there tyres dont wear that means they dont work and what that means is a fatal crash into the wall right ??.

We cannot work with distributors who dont want quality or a product that works .

like i have said many times you cannot be a retailer and a wholesaler at the same time people will not take you seriously they will always come to the conclusion that you are a rtr store.

we had the same problem with our spanish distributor who wanted to run the tyres on concrete but he didn't want them to wear .

It just goes to show that alot of distributors around the world are just sales people without any engineering experience or quality assurance .Those people wil not last long in this industry or any industry to be honest.

PROLINE WEARS AND THAT MEANS THEY WORK ,COBRA WEARS AND THAT MEANS THEY WORK ,LOSI WEARS AND THAT MEANS THEY WORK .Nothing lasts forever.

Thats why we have a decent price as we know consumables wear and are replaceable .

I have said this many times a top racer will never show you what your product is capable of as they can drive a buggy with slick tyres and run excellent lap times .Its the club racers and the new guys to the hobby that will show you what your product is capable of by improving from one tyre lap time to another tyre lap time .

regards Angelo

COBRARACING 03-28-2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 4304486)
We DO know. Angelo isn't just a racer. He's the guy that designed those tires, and the owner of Team Cobra International.

Angelo, did you look into what I told you about design patents?

yes brad yes i have looked into it and we are doing something about it now .We are not like Novarossi who lets things slide like what they did when Go engines copied the plus 21 5 and 7BT engines 100% copy and Novarossi did nothing about it .If it was me i would have a had a patent in europe through the european union and the usa and made sure i would take to court every distributor that sold the engines i would have ripped them a new backside to be honest .but hey thats just me everyone else is different.

also brad thank you so much for your support and im sure you will be very happy when the products are in your hands in two weeks time .

regards Angelo

COBRARACING 03-28-2008 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by oople (Post 4303516)
If you asked me to name either of those tyres, I'd say they were both proline holeshots - but maybe I don't study tyres enough? :)

Dont make judgements until you hold the tyre in your hands have a look at the pattern and then take measurements and then you can say what you think .

Going into the American market with a complete copy of someone else's tyre is not a nice thing or a good thing for someone's credibility.

regards Angelo

jwill02 03-28-2008 06:36 PM

"Just to let you know the German Distributor use to be our cobra distributor but he didnt want tyres that wear or quality.
A tyre that has no wear also doesn't work .Look at the formula one or car racing in general if there tyres dont wear that means they dont work and what that means is a fatal crash into the wall right ??."

Sorry,what distributor?? i dont quite understand. i am just sharing info with my foreign friends and asking for suggestion, i didnot make any ajudgement .

As u said:Dont make judgements until you hold the tyre in your hands .
But man ,you had made ajudgementsan, i am afraid...paradox??:confused::confused:

Of course you are designer of cobra(sorry for my mistake:corbra:D), you can say you are the best , proline says theirs are the best, GRP is the best,then AKA is the best..haha..no no i will be the best ,,haha:D:lol:

I just wanna try, and all looks very good, BTW,Angelo any chance you can send me couple sets of your tyres for free, hahaa:D:D ,...

COBRARACING 03-28-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by jwill02 (Post 4305434)
"Just to let you know the German Distributor use to be our cobra distributor but he didnt want tyres that wear or quality.
A tyre that has no wear also doesn't work .Look at the formula one or car racing in general if there tyres dont wear that means they dont work and what that means is a fatal crash into the wall right ??."

Sorry,what distributor?? i dont quite understand. i am just sharing info with my foreign friends and asking for suggestion, i didnot make any ajudgement .

As u said:Dont make judgements until you hold the tyre in your hands .
But man ,you had made ajudgementsan, i am afraid...paradox??:confused::confused:

Of course you are designer of cobra(sorry for my mistake:corbra:D), you can say you are the best , proline says theirs are the best, GRP is the best,then AKA is the best..haha..no no i will be the best ,,haha:D:lol:

I just wanna try, and all looks very good, BTW,Angelo any chance you can send me couple sets of your tyres for free, hahaa:D:D ,...

for free no im sorry but i you want to buy samples like everyone else has feel free to contact us .

As for the German distributor of Vp pro he use to import cobra products into germany but went the way of poor quality products like Go engines and vp tyres .Sorry im not putting anyone down but we have tried both products and they are not quality we have also tried the tyres from caster racing made by vp pro and they are not good quality either.The truth is in the testing and we have tested both engines and tyres.

regards Angelo