R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   JPX-21 Fuel (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/211821-jpx-21-fuel.html)

Integra 03-13-2008 06:40 PM

EVERY picco/jammin/drake ive seen Brand new has come with a Trinity plug it in.

dogger 03-13-2008 06:51 PM

I never had the problem till the Canadian Winternat's but I think I was running an OS plug and now using OD.I sent an e-mail to Jammin 2 weeks ago haven't heard back thats why I posted it here.Think I'll order a button and some Picco plugs!Thanks everyone for your responses.I will keep looking for more advice/feeback if anyone has more insite.

Integra 03-13-2008 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by dogger (Post 4259809)
I never had the problem till the Canadian Winternat's but I think I was running an OS plug and now using OD.I sent an e-mail to Jammin 2 weeks ago haven't heard back thats why I posted it here.Think I'll order a button and some Picco plugs!Thanks everyone for your responses.I will keep looking for more advice/feeback if anyone has more insite.

NOOOO WAY....were u the dood on Sunday during the Driver's meeting in the morning ? and u were askin matt about it.......some guy said to find him after and he would help u out ? ?...that would be MEE.....glad u found the info u needed...as the jammin boyz imo arent exactly "on top" of things as per the mills they run....and its a shame too....i told Matty matt exactly what i tell every 1.....but who's if itll make a difference.

dogger 03-13-2008 07:57 PM

That was me I think I was supposed to came and find you. were u pitting by the Jammin trailer?Matt was really great and offered me an engine if mine was defective I said I would wait till I had a chance to run it a home when the weather will let me.He gave me his card and told me to let him know how it goes,I thought that was pretty cool.

Integra 03-13-2008 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by dogger (Post 4260017)
That was me I think I was supposed to came and find you. were u pitting by the Jammin trailer?Matt was really great and offered me an engine if mine was defective I said I would wait till I had a chance to run it a home when the weather will let me.He gave me his card and told me to let him know how it goes,I thought that was pretty cool.

thought that was U...Im glad matty offer'd u that.....kinda makes up for telling u it was alright to run a Os plug.....i would tell him to go ahead and send a new mill and start fresh...with a leaky plug it guarenteed ran lean and did some damage....give him a call and inquire to what i told him....tell him Nick sent ya...he should remember...Matt's an Awsome guy to deal with.

-R2- 03-14-2008 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Integra (Post 4259193)
R2 Have u ever Looked at what a OS plug looks like in a brand new button ? Compared to what a Trinity and OD looks like ?....Big difference eh....now rethink what ur telling people.

Where does it say that I use an OS plug in a Jammin engine, it's not like you can't use one in your Jammin, you can but once it is threaded into that button consider it only for OS plugs as it changes the thread and seal area I go to track almost every week on Thrus. and Sat and have seen many of these situations time and time again. Our Picco plugs are the perfect fit to the head button like all manufactures that make there own engines, but O-don has taken the time to note and separate the plug line so you can get the right fit to your head button. I just want to make clear if you use OS plugs your button we be shaped in to a OS thread. And please try not to use a NOva PLug that could be your worse choice in that button.

DJ
Ofna Racing

Maximo 03-14-2008 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by -R2- (Post 4261741)
Where does it say that I use an OS plug in a Jammin engine, it's not like you can't use one in your Jammin, you can but once it is threaded into that button consider it only for OS plugs as it changes the thread and seal area I go to track almost every week on Thrus. and Sat and have seen many of these situations time and time again. Our Picco plugs are the perfect fit to the head button like all manufactures that make there own engines, but O-don has taken the time to note and separate the plug line so you can get the right fit to your head button. I just want to make clear if you use OS plugs your button we be shaped in to a OS thread. And please try not to use a NOva PLug that could be your worse choice in that button.

DJ
Ofna Racing

DJ I think he somehow misunderstood what you were trying to say..I agree with you, once you force another type of plug into the mtor, you may not be able to ever run the intended Picco plugs again.... so once you have torqued down a OS plug your likely best to just keep running OS plugs, providing you get it to actually seal correctly !

dogger 03-14-2008 08:59 PM

Nobody told me to run the OS my buddy picked a couple up for me from a shop 120 miles from me our local shop does not stock any turbo plugs,I had no idea there was a differance between them.Our local shop is a Horizon guy and they show some Ofna/Piccos no description on heat range and the part # matches nothing on the Ofna site?All I have left to run are some LRP's.While I'm hear could I get some advice/opinions on a good plug,heat range with 20% and 30%.I'm sure glad I got on this site there is a ton of great info!!!!

butch man 03-15-2008 12:35 AM

This is great every body says the world will come to an end if OS plugs go in a jammin:cry:.I use OS plugs in mine & have no problems with sealing or stripping & the plugs do exactly what I want them to do & far out last picco plugs for a lot less money.As for puting a picco plug back in thats never gonna happen,been there,wasted my money on that, never again.Guess I'll just destroy my motor with the better plug.

bobbyblaze 03-15-2008 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by butch man (Post 4263221)
This is great every body says the world will come to an end if OS plugs go in a jammin:cry:.I use OS plugs in mine & have no problems with sealing or stripping & the plugs do exactly what I want them to do & far out last picco plugs for a lot less money.As for puting a picco plug back in thats never gonna happen,been there,wasted my money on that, never again.Guess I'll just destroy my motor with the better plug.

point said ..I ran mine picco with os plug no problems either knock on wood...the plugs are great i run them in all my vehicles ...guys you sure you not cross thread them?

Maximo 03-15-2008 04:55 AM

its not rocket science the OS plugs dont fit correctly...take the button off and thread in a OS plug, there is a huge gap beteen the bottom oft he plug and the head button, they clearly are not the right plugs I guess for those who like to put the circle in the square continue on with OS plugs...

Picco plugs rock, average life for us is 1.5 gallons per plug...we use Trinity Drake plugs as well ...no way do OS plugs last as long as these.

These motors do not need a hit plug, they run exelent on med and cold as well...Hots are good for those who can't tune.....

Maximo 03-15-2008 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by butch man (Post 4263221)

the world wont come to an end..but your JPX may not make as much power with a OS plug as it will with a Picco plug.. the OS plug leaves too much gap around its body when installed in the Picco button, which can cause leakage.......... as for burning Picco plugs, i have no idea why, or if Picco has changed the plugs since, but so far the Picco plugs ( Trinity Drakes) have been the longest lasting plugs we have ever used...... I went thru the entire Canadian Nationals on 3 modified Picco's and never had to replace a single plug... out of the many modded JPX motors I have in circulation every motor runs Picco plugs and every person cannot beleive how long lasting the plugs are.... many times at around 1.5 gallons we will change the plugs because we want to, not because we need to.....

novenom 03-16-2008 06:15 PM

does any one know where to get a piston and sleeve for a jammin 21?

bherzog513 03-18-2008 12:02 PM

The PICCO plug I broke my motor in with is still a good plug. If you can destroy a picco plug I cant imagine what an O.S. plug is doing for you. I've never had such luck with an O.S plug..... In anything.

huskerfreak 03-25-2008 07:57 PM

I just want to post that I finally got to breaking my engine and got it tuned in and all i have to say is that this engine is freakin awsome. I can't wait to really see what this motor does when it loosens up a little more.