Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi ,best choice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:44 AM
sac
Tech Regular

Default Novarossi ,best choice?

Which Novarossi engine would be the best for a Truggy and for a 1/8 buggy?
or what are the most popular Novarossi engine's used for racing(.21-.28).

thanks
sac
Old 03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sac
Which Novarossi engine would be the best for a Truggy and for a 1/8 buggy?
or what are the most popular Novarossi engine's used for racing(.21-.28).

thanks
sac
The novarossi plus28 5t and 7t is the way to go for a truggy engine if you want a long life span and not a engine that will last you 2 meetings only
Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldnt get a .28 there always over kill.I have a novarossi .28 and it drinks gas and spins the tires 21's are better.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JustinD
I wouldnt get a .28 there always over kill.I have a novarossi .28 and it drinks gas and spins the tires 21's are better.
i kinda agree, i have a lrp .28 in my mugen mbx5 buggy and its too much power.

when im driving at about 80% throttle and its going pretty fast, i floor it some more and it still spins the tires, WWAAAYYY too much power, but very very fun.

almost impossible to control on the gravel, and it does drink my gas pretty damn fast.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

.28 is generally overkill on a Truggy, plus a .21 will give you better fuel economy as a rule.

I know you are asking about Novarossi, but it's worth doing a little research on RB's. The C6 is overkill for a buggy unless you are super, super super smooth smooth but i know a couple of people that love them in a Truggy, they riiiiiiiip. Plus RB's are well known for having great life spans.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, those C6BB (Big Bottom) series engines from RB would probably be great for a truggy...

I'm just wrapping up break-in on a Novarossi PLUS 21-5K (JP-3 pipe) and the motor is really becoming a beast!

I run it in my buggy though... Never ran truggy, but I'd imagine that this motor wouldn't be a bad truggy motor either.

Before this motor, I had a modded P5, then a standard P5X... P5X still runs pretty good and has about 11~12 gallons on her.

As long as I get that kind of lifespan outta my NR motors, I'm sticking with them!

It's been a great experience with Novarossi so far!

I'm sure other manufacturers are good as well. I've always heard great things about RB and now, Go-Tech...

Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

If you plan on racing stick to a.21 ! the .28's are way too thirsty and the extra power will give you fits fighting for traction.
as for choices ? P5's are a safe buy as are C6 RB's ,limit your throttle and you can run the C6 in a buggy all day long with killer results !!
Also the JP 2002 series are also extremely good as well !
Stay away from the 367 for a truggy ,just doesn't have the bottom you need.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

hehe... i come from a track sposored by Novarossi and a model shop with close ties, and they genuinly love the Novarossi's, and for good reason. I have been running RB's more out of... i dunno, i just want to try everything and i see enough Novarossi!

I am definately a fan of the RB, so consistent and reliable compared with others i have tried. If you put a gun to my head i would still ummm and aaahhh before i said "I will take the RB over the Nova", but right now it would be the RB.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

I run Novarossi and RB. Hell, Novarossi makes RB blocks and carbs! RB makes their magic with their cranks, pistons and sleves! I have to agree with the rest of the crew in here that RB motors are beast. I would not run a 28 as a truggy motor. I did all last year and like others said, it was way overkill. I ran a RB 928 in my Jammin, and was overpowerd like mad. This year I'm running the C6bbt7. Things should be very intersting!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

STICK WITH NOVA ENGINES AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY
the plus 21-5k is a badass engine for both truggy and buggy applications , provide great fuel mileage , bookoo bottom and top end power , and last 10 gallons if properly taken care of
the 821b is also a great engine , way too much power for most but too much is always enough , not enough is always not enough !!!
later,

monty
Old 03-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
STICK WITH NOVA ENGINES AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY
the plus 21-5k is a badass engine for both truggy and buggy applications , provide great fuel mileage , bookoo bottom and top end power , and last 10 gallons if properly taken care of
the 821b is also a great engine , way too much power for most but too much is always enough , not enough is always not enough !!!
later,

monty
Hi all ,
I have a problem that i want to clear up. I have a new in box Novaroosi 21 pluss T and was thinking of selling it as im so use to my v spec.
I have seen a lot of flame outs with them and read the same in a magazine.
I'm not great in tuning but get by with the OS. I was thinking of selling it to buy another V spec but dont want to as i have a strong Nova in my Stadium truck.
What plug do you reccomend please advise me. Thanks..
Old 03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Prophet

if you are not a great tuner i would reccomend getting rid of the turbo head button my three fav plugs are novarossi 6 , odonnel 77 , mccoy mc8 . if you dont want to get rid of the turbo button try a odonnel 77t or novarossi c6tg or tgf plugs .
monty

which engine do you have ? plus21-5t or a plus 21-5kt ??
Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Houston

Question for Houston,

I'm planning on buying a Hot Mod Novarossi RX21P5XS for my Losi 8ight truggy and wanted your thoughts. You sound very educated !!! I'm somewhat new to racing but not totally green.

Last edited by velineonracer; 03-09-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by velineonracer
Question for Houston,

I'm planning on buying a Hot Mod Novarossi RX21P5XS for my Losi 8ight truggy and wanted your thoughts. You sound very educated !!! I'm somewhat new to racing but not totally green.
thats a great engine ! very reliable , easy to tune , lots o power also a big cooling head so there is no need to buy aftermarket if you are not a talented driver yet then you should probably save a few bucks and stick with the standard p5xs
monty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.