Search

Force .28 or Axial .32, in Hyper 7 or Jammin CRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Force .28 or Axial .32, in Hyper 7 or Jammin CRT

Hello all,

Getting started in the hobby, again. But I have to do something with the hyper .21 engine that is in my hyper 7, I just can not get it tuned right. I'm just bashing around. So I was looking at the Axial engines to replace the hyper .21. But what I would like to do, is move the Force .28 from my CRT to the hyper 7 buggy. Then buy the Axial .32 for the CRT.

My first question should I not look at Axial engines? If so, what engines should I be looking at?
Next, can the Force .28 engine fit into the hyper 7? Do I need mounting hardware? Or will this not work at all?
Or should i keep the Force in the CRT?
And what Tune Pipe should I buy with the Axial Engine?

Thanks for your help,
Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Keep a .21 in your hyper 7 or you will blow your diffs regular.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GenReaper
Keep a .21 in your hyper 7 or you will blow your diffs regular.
??? Well that was not a question i asked. I need to replace the .21....
Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Axial .28 is an awesome motor. It is the same thing as the HPI k4.6. I just got done breaking in mine and couldnt be happier. Has a little more bottom end punch than the k4.6 that it replace in my savage. But if what the guy said about the diffs is true i would worry about sticking this stout of a motor in it. However this would be an awesome engine for your CRT for $130, dont get the .32 you wont get the RPM you need out of it to make the CRT as impressive as you want it. Go with the Axial .28 if your going to buy a new motor. Especially if all you are doing is bashing.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
The Axial .28 is an awesome motor. It is the same thing as the HPI k4.6. I just got done breaking in mine and couldnt be happier. Has a little more bottom end punch than the k4.6 that it replace in my savage. But if what the guy said about the diffs is true i would worry about sticking this stout of a motor in it. However this would be an awesome engine for your CRT for $130, dont get the .32 you wont get the RPM you need out of it to make the CRT as impressive as you want it. Go with the Axial .28 if your going to buy a new motor. Especially if all you are doing is bashing.
Thanks for the reply, sound like the .28 is a better fit for the CRT. Thanks,

Now the question is will the Force .28 engine fit Hyper 7?
Does anyone know if the force .28 not fit the Hyper 7 buggy?

If it does I am on my way to buying a axial engine. Thanks for your time and help.

Nick
Old 03-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Unless your set on getting the Axial .28, for another 30-40 bucks, you may want to consider the LRP .28 SpecIII. You can find it on Ebay for about 165.00. I was in the same boat you are, looking for a .28 for my truggy, and tossing around the Axial idea. After some research, I went with the LRP, and was PLEASED with this engine. Tons of power, consistent temps, and easy to tune. Just my .02!

As for the Force in the Hyper7? Im sure it will fit. I had the Force .28 in one of my X1CRT's. It didnt have near the power as the LRP, so I would say that it will have the same power, as a decent race .21 that you would run in a buggy.

Good luck.