Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000ft my ass....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so u got a p.o.s. switch, a battery thats banged the cement on multiple occasions, and failsafe you dont know how to set up

and you wonder why you have no range??

awesome
Old 03-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

well like i said man the failsafe only works if you have power if for some reason you loose power even for a sec. you will not have a failsafe a throttle return spring is the only thing that will help you in that situation if any of your wires have a bare spot , or a nick or your connectors are loose fitting replace or repair them if you don't use good equipment then you shouldn't expect anything to work the way it is supposed to there is some good info on this thread so good luck with it man don't give up
Old 03-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

3,000 feet.... up?

Spektrum was designed for helicoptors originally i believe.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by imaxx21
so u got a p.o.s. switch, a battery thats banged the cement on multiple occasions, and failsafe you dont know how to set up

and you wonder why you have no range??

awesome
pretty much, im not 100% sure on the switch, i cant remember, i dont think the batterys wrecked, maybe a little empty, but not wrecked. and i dont even have a fail safe, i thought you guys were talking about something else.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by imaxx21
what kinda lap times ya'll get on a 3000ft track?
LOL...thats awesome!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5
now that i think about it... i dont even have a failsafe. i thought you guys were talking about the built in one that comes with the radio, it says it has its own little fail safe. but now that i go to carolinas, they have a little thing for 25$, that i dont have. so im buying one and hopefully that saves my car next time

When you bind the receiver to the transmitter your also setting up the fail safe at the same time. If you are touching the trigger of wheel at that moment, it will remember those settings the next time the receiver looses signal. So if you had your finger on the gas a little when binding the receiver it would stay on the gas when the car looses signal. Re-read the instructions to learn how to do this properly. I know a few people who bought the after market fail safes and have nothing but problems with them. They even lost control of their car because of it. I would peice together a switch, spend the $6 and get a new harness. .
Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ive almost gotten there... ive gone to the part where its hard to tell front from back, what do you rune... so far im losing respect for spektrum, i used to love em.. now im a little weary.

!
I run the JR Z-1 basically a synthesized KO=Helios.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

why does my spektrum receiver kit say that its range is 3000 feet?

3000 feet = 1000m

1000m = 1km

im not getting anywhere near 1km.. im getting about 500ft MAX.

and because of that... i drove it down the street, then it went outta range, took an uncontrolled sharp left, hit a jump off a snowbank, right into a fence, breaking both my A arm things on the front left side (driver side)... wow, thanks spektrum. they just lost a lot of my respect cuz of that shenanigans.

why am i not getting 3000ft?

what am i doing wrong??

how do i get it so that when it goes out of range, it IMMEDIATELY puts on the brakes, and straightens the wheels?

WOW! 3000 feet! Can you really see your car at that distance? 2640 feet is 1/2 mile and unless your standin on a higher place than what your running your car on the odds of being able to see your car are less likley than the odds of being able to control your car. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ive never had a problem with my spektrum dx3 now ive had problems with the jr xs2 radio but that has the frequency crystals so im not sure what to tell you
Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

i am also only reaching 500ft 125m or something and then the failsafe cuts in, never had a run away, also i run it on salt water in my boat, its surface still so there should be no problems with it. it still does it in my buggy on the road aswell so im thinking it is the reciever
Old 03-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by damiandownie
i am also only reaching 500ft 125m or something and then the failsafe cuts in, never had a run away, also i run it on salt water in my boat, its surface still so there should be no problems with it. it still does it in my buggy on the road aswell so im thinking it is the reciever
i dont know, i got a fail safe the other day and im not too sure where to put it in, and i also dont have any time.

and i also got a brand new set of rims and brand new tube of glue.

i cleaned the rims with alcohol and TRIED to get the badlands and new glue to stick to them but they wouldnt.

some spots stuck pretty good, but 70% of the other spots didnt stick. this is really starting to piss me off and im ready to throw my whole car up on ebay cuz of this dumb shit.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

dude, those things are kicking your ass, lol! take both the tire and the rim and submerge them in a container of acetone (tupperware, bowl, whatever with a top), and clean all the glue thats on them and start fresh.. after they come out, they should be as good as new..

then try and go the whole gluing process again... and again, i have to ask.. what are you using to hold the tire tight up against the rims? i highly highly reccomend the panther bands for this dude, as its very important for them to be tight after the glue is applied..
Old 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think Nitroburner is on the right track. I've never tested the range on mine, but I'd imagine you need to be elevated to get the maximum range. Plus transmitter & receiver batteries fully charged.

On the tire issue, make sure to clean the rim and the tire bead of mold release before mounting. I use motor spray on both. It's amazing how much comes off those new tires.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by groundhogg
I think Nitroburner is on the right track. I've never tested the range on mine, but I'd imagine you need to be elevated to get the maximum range. Plus transmitter & receiver batteries fully charged.

On the tire issue, make sure to clean the rim and the tire bead of mold release before mounting. I use motor spray on both. It's amazing how much comes off those new tires.
Just to add to this hve the antenna sticking fully straight up. I noticed on the 3100 you loose alot of range with the antenna down, not an issue for me atm sinc eim racing indoor electric though.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Well i can say this, I too have the spektrum dx 3.0 system along with the spektrum receiver; and to date thus far I have not had any range problems per say with mine, but then again I dont think i have tried to test the range of it fully. I do know however that like the others have said; make sure u have set and fully tested the failsafe. When the failsafe built into the spektrum system is functioning properly, when u turn off the transmitter, it should immediately apply full brake; if not then u probably need to go back and re-set the failsafe again. Just my .02 here is all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.