New XRAY 808

Old 06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I had the same problem. The stock servo arm is THICK and will not work. I used the ACe one. Stil barely
Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I used 1mm shims underneath the servo horn, to lower the front brake linkage slightly.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

looks good
Old 06-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hard to tell by your pic. See if you can shim the front brake rod lower like what was posted about. You can also bend the rear break cam rod up slightly too if needed.

Here is mine. It's different then the instruction too. I found this setup lines the rods more perpendicular. I also used a .050" shim under my horn for a little better alignment.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
Does anybody have any photos of there throttle setup with ACE 1015 servo as i cannot get mine right. The servo is quite tall and is about 1mm off the chassis (which i think is to close anyway) using the rubbers but the brake linkages are not parrallel to the servo horn and the connections to the brake cams.

when i try and set it it binds the brake cam arms and is sticking, the manual is no good either as it shows the arms set in different holes but i have tried all and nothing seems to work. The arms are perfect when they rest on top of the brake cams so it as if the servo is 2-3 mm to high but i can't lower it.

The photos i took haven't come out but i will try and get a better camera if needed

Cheers

Lunie

Here ya go sorry bout the dirt. I used all the stock xray stuff and havent had any issue with the linkage.
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-linkage.jpg   New XRAY 808-linkage2.jpg  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

same problem. i bought a new 1015 for B0B and it does not work. It sits too high. i tried bending the brake-arms but it does not help.

i also tried a airtronics 362 rock crusher and have problems too. this servo sits lower than the 1015 and touches the plastic mudguard bending it down one millimeter. i used the dremel to grind away from the plastic mudguard but it is still very tight. i am afraid that a bad landing where you touch a stone or something with the right mudguard will destroy the servo or brake the radio plate.

what servo do you use without problems - not too high on the top and not too low on the bottom?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Is it possible to rotate the brake cam arm so the loop is facing up rather than down? This may help with allignment issues?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default ACE Servo Issue

I tried the arms the other way up and it then fouls on the diff top plate whe the mechanism is moved (the collars catch the underneath). Have managed to get the linkage done but had to use the ACE servo horn, hyper 7 plastics for the arms to screw in and bend the arms up. Also had to file the top of the servo down so it just fits.

Looks like Xray didn't do their research properly as he ACE servos don't fit in the steering properly either as they are pushing down on the plastic side. I had to dremel that down as well as it was putting pressure on the top plate of the servo mount.

I hope this isn't going to be another Losi servo failure buggy....
Old 06-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I run ace servos with no problems. I did strip the throttle servo horn and replaced with aluminum. I had to bend the brake side of the horn up to clear the case but it works fine.

Also in all fairness the Losi does not burn up servos people do. I burned up 4 throttle servos but the 8B was my first RC. I got pissed of sold it. A few months later bought another one and had no problems. The second time around I knew how to setup the linkages, epa and carb.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is my throttle/brake linkage. I got tired of trying to adjust the stock linkage to prevent binding, so I went for the Dynamite/Sportwerks setup. I used their linkages with the stock Xray Hitec horn. I had to bend the rear/top linkage slightly to get it on the same plane as the rod/ball cup. Definitely works smooth and so far I have had no problems. Now I just need to stock up on the smaller ball cups

Last edited by pumpkinfish; 11-30-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

does anyone have an Xray 808 in stock? Or is there none around?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh_c
does anyone have an Xray 808 in stock? Or is there none around?
Check out Carolinas RC, it's not in stock but they expect them to be in stock on 7/11/08. And they're allowing you to back order, when they allow a back order it usually means it will actually be in stock on the date expected.

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=8765
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Great weekend for the 808. Buggy was DIALED! Tried k2's first qualy and did okay. Not enough forward bite. 2nd Q ran atomics. Tons of forward bite bush pushed pretty good. As usual Bowfighters were the ticket. OMG turns on a dime flys so nice just let off and watch. Very satble in the rough. And let me tell you it was brutalized today woth ZERO issues. Had one steering ball come loose but didnt fail. Just put a new nut on before the main. I noticed this buggy like to be really soft up front. he rear got a little loose if I got out of the grove. Kudos.The more people see it the more the stop denying that this buggy OWNS! Went in and out of first to third in the 20 MIN Amain. Had a stall due to chassis slap. Got back up to 3rd at 10 min and stayed there till 19+ min when I had a plug go south. Not enough time to get back out. Still 5th in the A. I'll take it! Only one of my crew that didn't wrench all day except tires. LOVIN IT!!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

slaytanic,

I have had a stall or two with chassis slap before. Shortly after, my clutch bearings went. Give them a good check/replace before next race. I like Avid bearings
Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Here is my throttle/brake linkage. I got tired of trying to adjust the stock linkage to prevent binding, so I went for the Dynamite/Sportwerks setup. I used their linkages with the stock Xray Hitec horn. I had to bend the rear/top linkage slightly to get it on the same plane as the rod/ball cup. Definitely works smooth and so far I have had no problems. Now I just need to stock up on the smaller ball cups
I noticed you have a losi front air filter wire support....Can you take a pic of it installed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.