New XRAY 808

Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 AM
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I had the same problem several weeks ago so i changed it for the next race after asking people on this thread . I stood the rear shooks up , put a lighter rear sway bar on , increased the droop , put 5000 in the centre diff and 30 losi weight oil in the rear shocks with 1.5 . I found the front of the car was fine from standard , steered well , all i did was the lighter front sway bar and the car drove heaps better all round and drove a lot softer in the rough It worked for me but there could be another answer , ask Rocco he's advice is good or look on the www.teamxray.com site and look at the setup sheets for the 808 , there is a lot of differences but there are some common changes between alot of them , just study them
Old 06-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Rocco your setup is the shizzle..
dont be afraid guys..... THANKS
Old 06-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Anyone else gearing up for the North pro series race in Evansdale Iowa?
I will be there!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Shooky
I will be there!
Whats the date? Is the track dry with all the flooding? Be a good excuse to go visit my DAd!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shooky
I will be there!
I'm hearing that the track is fine and has escaped any danger!
The dates are june 21-22 I'll be there early friday mourning
Old 06-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Damn! cant make it. Gonna be at the Jammin Midwest series those days.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

I saw post somewhere about a place that sells bearing kits for the 808. NOT AVID! They arent shipping until thursday and I need em for next weekend. Anybody! I know Rocco said he used em I think.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks BSC I will try your suggestions. This buggy is cool for sure but one needs to find the right approach.It was better than the 8ights though they were flying all over. The setup book reckon that if you are way-off the mark with your setup it will be best to go back to the standard setup but the standard setup seems to be off the mark as well. Anyway thanks for your help,I'll try it
Old 06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I saw post somewhere about a place that sells bearing kits for the 808. NOT AVID! They arent shipping until thursday and I need em for next weekend. Anybody! I know Rocco said he used em I think.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24586
Here are the big ones.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24585
and heres the smaller ones.

not a kit but you can get what you need.

Avid has the smaller ones in now and is shipping.

I think Team Helotes has both sizes in stock too.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by slaytanic
Try here:
http://www.readyrollers.com/product....&productId=146

They have "kits", 10-packs, and individual.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC8 VS. 808

HEY GUYS...I GOT A RC8 W/ ALL THE STUFF DONE TO IT..INCLUDING THE LW ALUMINUM AXLES..HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS SWITCHED TO THE 808 FROM THE RC8 THAT CAN GIVE ME A COMPARISON...ALSO-MY RC8 HAS JAMMIN' SUPER BIG BORES ON IT..THANKS..I'M LOOKING TO SWITCH(MAYBE) MY RC8 HAS ABOUT THREE GALLONS ON IT AND IT SEEMS TO BE GOING THRU THE DRIVETRAIN PARTS LIKE MY LOSI 8 DID
Old 06-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Adjustable Anti Squat inserts - which ones to fit?

HI

I have got my 808 today and i bought the option kit that came with the adjustable toe in plates, springs and roll bars - even though it was in a sealed xray bag there is no instructions telling me what is the base settings for the ally toe-in and anti squat. Same for the front kick up.

Any one know a link on the xray site to the settings or has a copy they could tell me cause my build has stopped until i can find out

Many Thanks

Lunie
Old 06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
HI

I have got my 808 today and i bought the option kit that came with the adjustable toe in plates, springs and roll bars - even though it was in a sealed xray bag there is no instructions telling me what is the base settings for the ally toe-in and anti squat. Same for the front kick up.

Any one know a link on the xray site to the settings or has a copy they could tell me cause my build has stopped until i can find out

Many Thanks

Lunie
Try this...

Front:
.5's down in front
1's down in rear

Rear:
3* anti-squat (should be 0's in the 2-4 block in the front)
3* toe-in (should be 0's in the 2-4 block on the back)

Originally Posted by rregl0612
Rocco your setup is the shizzle..
dont be afraid guys..... THANKS
Glad you like it!

Originally Posted by Mater
I had a bit of a problem with the 808 this week end.It was dialed as far as steering and motor,but the track was very bumpy not really potholes but bumpy.The surface was funny its black turf and creates small pieces of dry,hard clay that lies on the surface. This creates a ball bearing effect. So it was slippery as well.So now I need help,as you go around the turns, it sometimes hook and spin around the on the bumpy areas the back-end flips up and because of the surface (ball bearings) you change direction and loose control.Theres no big jumps so I went softer at the rear but it made it worse. I ended up with 1.3/35 in the rear and 1.4/45 in front. What was I doing wrong.What about ride height,droop and shock angle,was this perhaps the way to go??
Hhhhhmmmmm, sounds more like it might be a tire deal as well, which ones are you running? I would think a step pin or something, or if its REALLY bad a Badlands!!!

But try to lay the shocks down and lighten the oil a little, and drop the oil weight a little in the diffs, you may have to go down even farther in the center. Dropping your ride height will take the 'edge' off. You could put just a tad more droop in the car, which will transfer more weight, but this could make the problem worse in some cases, you just need to try it out!

Originally Posted by illebille
i need quick help!
the 808 is my first 1/8 buggy and i am not sure about adjusting gear mesh. had one shim in the diff but i am not sure if it is too tight now. what is the best way to find the correct mesh?

thanks!
Don't be afraid to run them a little looser than you are comfortable with, the HUDY spring steel likes a little more gap in the mesh, which is acceptable because of its hardness. The diffs also create A LOT of heat while running, so you need that extra space for expansion. (This is also why you should back off on the three screws that hold the input shaft in.)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Rocco thanks for your starting setup. I have struggled trying to set my 808 up my self for over a month with little success. Last night I put your setup on with a longer rear camber link and TQed.

In the main I had a lap on almost everyone when my clutch went. My fault 100%
Congrats! Get that clutch sorted out, haha!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thought the car came with 2 degrees anti squat as standard?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
The diffs also create A LOT of heat while running, so you need that extra space for expansion. (This is also why you should back off on the three screws that hold the input shaft in.)
Ive also heard from a couple drivers that the rubber seal on the inner side of the bearing on the input shaft should be removed... they are saying that during a race the heat build up can loosen the seal and get caught up in the gears...?? What your thoughts on this Rocco!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.