New XRAY 808

Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just sat down tonight to build my 808 2011 spec. I finished building my diffs and installed them in the cases. My question is once I finished the cases there seems to be more movement of the diff in the case than I would expect. Anyone experienced this?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Just sat down tonight to build my 808 2011 spec. I finished building my diffs and installed them in the cases. My question is once I finished the cases there seems to be more movement of the diff in the case than I would expect. Anyone experienced this?
I am sure you have this sorted already but just check your play on the pinion to diff gear if there is to much play put a shim on the gear side behind the bearing and try again that should fix it check your parts bag I think those shims are in the throttle/brake bag
Old 05-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Ran the silver front springs on the rear shocks today as we discussed earlier in the week on here. Very nice. Buggy was super stable and dialled in - I think more so than with the silver rear springs. Next meeting I will experiment with one step down - the softer grey front springs on the rear just to compare, but I was pretty happy with the performance of the silver springs today. If your searching for just the right feel in the rear, give it a try. Ran the silver fronts with 1.1 x 10 pistons, 35 wt Losi oil and 25% rebound on the rear shocks.
I love this 808 11 Spec. It just gets better everytime I drive it. Everyone who has driven it comments on how much steering it has and how direct and stable it is for a buggy with that much steering - not twitchy like some others that we won't mention on here
Old 05-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aussies1129
I am sure you have this sorted already but just check your play on the pinion to diff gear if there is to much play put a shim on the gear side behind the bearing and try again that should fix it check your parts bag I think those shims are in the throttle/brake bag
It was something dumb. I just didnt have the top diff cover screws all the way tight. I thought they had bottomed out but they still needed several mm more of tightening. Thanks

Last edited by jeff whiting; 05-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

-
Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am starting feel the 2011, this buggy is good!! I have not had one DNF and I feel like I have the best buggy on the track every time I go out now. It took me a few races to get use to it but I love it now.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
Ran the silver front springs on the rear shocks today as we discussed earlier in the week on here. Very nice. Buggy was super stable and dialled in - I think more so than with the silver rear springs. Next meeting I will experiment with one step down - the softer grey front springs on the rear just to compare, but I was pretty happy with the performance of the silver springs today. If your searching for just the right feel in the rear, give it a try. Ran the silver fronts with 1.1 x 10 pistons, 35 wt Losi oil and 25% rebound on the rear shocks.
I love this 808 11 Spec. It just gets better everytime I drive it. Everyone who has driven it comments on how much steering it has and how direct and stable it is for a buggy with that much steering - not twitchy like some others that we won't mention on here
yes lots of steering as I had to back my steering back a little as the inside of the aka city blocks there are ribs and they were catching on the bottom of the arm where the castor attaches when you rotate the wheels
Old 05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
thats great news. I have the front grey's on the rear and they feel awesome with my current piston and oil setup. Can't wait to give it a go.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by aussies1129
yes lots of steering as I had to back my steering back a little as the inside of the aka city blocks there are ribs and they were catching on the bottom of the arm where the castor attaches when you rotate the wheels
Funny you should say that, I had exactly the same thing happen on my '10 with the new alloy steering blocks.
The bottom of the arm almost pertrudes the spokes of the xray starburst wheels , although it wasnt a problem with the VP wheels. Thats some serious steering.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Front Springs on the rear. I gotta try this. I Have the 5 degree optional steering block and I combined it with a 14 Caster block. I was expecting the buggy to have understeering but I didnt feel it a bit. The buggy felt more stable though so I like it. I will put in my active diffs 43T and will see how it does.

One thing I am looking for this buggy is a little more droop specially having a caster angel of 26 my front end looks flat. Although I dont see any issue but i can help but compare it with the droop i have for my other cars. But Flat out I can say Its still my favorite buggy.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys
just got back from the austrlaian nsw state title where i finished 6th in the main really happy ill post setup and vid soon firstly heres a vid of me and my mate juzza99 mucking around at a bmx track watch for the big whip sideways i do on purpose its siiiick bmx track sick fun although at the end of the day i 50 50,ed a massive kwod i was totally pinned

braaaaap
http://youtu.be/SbebPY07PeM
Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oghobavo
Just want say that I got to drive Jason Branhams 2011 808 this past sunday and it was a total pleasure to drive. It was smooth, easy to drive, jumped great, and cornered perfectly. The OS.19 he had in there was the icing on the cake, by far the smoothest engine Ive ever driven. After driving his buggy for a tank, I literally put my JQ buggy on rctech for sale the same night. I will be ordering this buggy asap, it only took one tank to turn me into a believer. Jason took the time to answer all my questions about the buggy which I greatly appreciated. I was sure to type his setup(which was awesome) into my blackberry as he was telling me so I can be sure put the same exact one on mine when I get it. Thanks again Jason, I would still be dealing with that horrid JQ buggy if it wasnt for you lol

No problem Vince, anytime! Now get that Xray built and come on out and thrash it!

If you have any questions while you're building it, let me know.

Last edited by jbranham50; 05-23-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
thats great news. I have the front grey's on the rear and they feel awesome with my current piston and oil setup. Can't wait to give it a go.
What is your current piston,oil setup?Also how does the front grey compare to the rear silver?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone saw this piece of news? I missed it!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10252
Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
Anyone saw this piece of news? I missed it!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10252
I have some, haven't messed with them though. I wonder if people are drilling a hole in the cap when using these?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.