New XRAY 808

Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
What is this overdrive pulley you guys seem to like so much. Do you have a link to it.
It's the 41t Diff gear for the front diff.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

What is this overdrive pulley you guys seem to like so much. Do you have a link to it.
its the 41 tooth front ring gear. You can get one for the active diff and the regular diff.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
By the way anybody notice that the photo of the radio tray on it's own isn't the correct one? it's still the old photo ...look at the photo of the car showing the drivetrain with a transponder in place...totally different tray..ooops xray..
That picture is the one of the 2009 spec model when they won the car of the year as shown in the bottom of the pic. Dont know why they posted that but o well drrrdeedrrr.

And your right about the radio tray that one in the pic doesnt have a transponder mount maybe thats what the new radio box is. Maybe some super secret transponder mount since your not supposed to mount a transponder directly to any carbon surface. It can glitch the signal. If your using the new rc4 mylaps like me though it doesnt matter cause it has a plastic mount to separate it.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is it difficult to shim out for the 41t ring gear.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is it difficult to shim out for the 41t ring gear.
No it is not.I swapped my 43 to a 41 and it dropped str8 in without reshimming.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

I am very excited about the new buggy and I expect great things out of it this racing season!

Does anyone know if the "Bubble Body" will fit on the new buggy?

If anyone is at the car show they should snap us some pics!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bcr500
No it is not.I swapped my 43 to a 41 and it dropped str8 in without reshimming.
Ok thx for the info.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

anyone try running 41t all around. Did u see any difference.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

That would be the equivalent to just putting a bigger clutch bell on just makes it have more top speed. Not suggested to do that. All the 41t gear does is make that diff spin faster which when on the front makes the front pull the rear around which is what gives the perceived extra turning. I just run the active diff in the front with the stock 43t gear and thats all the steering i need otherwise the buggy gets a little unpredictable.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

You could, but I don't see the point other than to change the internal or final gearing. That is in any case done easier and cheaper by changing the center spur gear and/or the clutch bell.
You beat me to that one Matt
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonw
Thanks Ron, I am going to try one on Cade's buggy, I guess my other question would be will it work with the new drivetrain?
Hey Jon,

I would presume it would work with the new drivetrain. The new pinions are essentially the same as the XT8. I honestly don't think I will ever put the standard 43 tooth back in my buggy for the front diff. I like the overdrive that much.

Also, there are two different 41 tooth gears (one for active diff, other is for regular)

Cheers,

Last edited by rfleck; 02-03-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: i can't type
Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

When does it ship?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Hey Jon,

I would presume it would work with the new drivetrain. The new pinions are essentially the same as the XT8. I honestly don't think I will ever put the standard 43 tooth back in my buggy for the front diff. I like the overdrive that much.

Also, there are two different 41 tooth gears (one for active diff, other is for regular)

Cheers,
Was told the new gearing would require a different size ring gear. Definately going to order one for our current buggy. Thanks for the help.

We run the active diff in the truggy and Cade really likes it.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Because we are returning to the traditional pinion style, there are some different options with the gearing.

The kits will include the 43T ring gears and 10T pinions, so any existing 808/XT8 overdrive gears (41T) will drop right in.

We will also be able to change to the old 40T/12T ring/pinion with a larger spur. This will change the car's throttle response and power distribution, and give some added tuning for different conditions. If the 40T/12T setup is used, the old overdrive gear (38T) would be needed.

As mentioned above, the Active diffs require a different ring gear (whether it is the 1:1 ratio or overdrive).

Anyone confused yet?

Bryan

Last edited by RC America; 02-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
And your right about the radio tray that one in the pic doesnt have a transponder mount maybe thats what the new radio box is. Maybe some super secret transponder mount since your not supposed to mount a transponder directly to any carbon surface. It can glitch the signal. If your using the new rc4 mylaps like me though it doesn't matter cause it has a plastic mount to separate it.

scroll up the photos and look at the one of the entire chassis showing the center drivetrain and that pic shows the new radio tray complete with the PT mounted.the pic of the tray alone is just the wrong photo period...

Originally Posted by RC America
Because we are returning to the traditional pinion style, there are some different options with the gearing.

The kits will include the 43T ring gears and 10T pinions, so any existing 808/XT8 overdrive gears (41T) will drop right in.

We will also be able to change to the old 40T/12T ring/pinion with a larger spur. This will change the car's throttle response and power distribution, and give some added tuning for different conditions. If the 40T/12T setup is used, the old overdrive gear (38T) would be needed.

Anyone confused yet?

Bryan
yeh but if you go with the old 40/12 setup you also need to go back to the 46 (or was it 48) tooth center pinion which will almost certainly involve raising the diff mounts for clearance underneath.I thought the whole point of the 42T pinion was to lower the CofG..or you need to drop to a much smaller clutch bell and I'm not sure you can go below 15T and still fit the larger xray 5x12 bearings in..would have to go to 5x10 like everybody else..

And I'm always gonna hate the cvd's with not one but TWO sodding screws that can work loose..Unless I suddenly have grave probs with my center bearings(doubtful as they were fine all last season) I'll probably buy the new alloy F/R steering hubs and supports (which remain option items anyway) for the increased adjustment range and leave it at that.
Not really wowed by any of the other changes.But then I didn't have any great probs with my 2010 anyway..still the fastest and hardest to break buggy I ever drove.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.