New XRAY 808

Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America
The arms should be the same as current. We did some testing of the wider plates and shorter arms, and it was very good in some conditions, but seems to limit traction in others. The feedback from the drivers suggested the standard length was a bit more versatile in multiple conditions.

As Jason mentioned, the chassis should be the same length, just a bit stiffer than the 2010 spec.

Regarding the prototype stuff, Leon is certainly part of the team. The new pieces for testing have been pretty limited this time around, so not everyone has all the pieces. I believe Josh picked up his pieces at the Worlds and Jason grabbed some stuff from Juraj at the touring car Worlds in Houston. I guess Leon just needs to travel to Asia more often, or attend some nitro onroad events Other than that, things are pretty slim! I know Leon has a few items that the other guys don't, so its just a give and take.

We hope to have a few more pre-prodiction cars coming so we can get the 'final' 2011 bits out to Leon, Josh, Jason and a couple others so people might have a chance to pick their brain about setup suggestions before their own kits arrive.

Bryan
Will those be before the RC Pro Series at Mikes in Porter? Everytime Jason runs that thing I gotta watch. He be giving everybody the "Bizzness"
Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
I guess Leon is not a Team driver he sucks J/K Leon

The arms should be the same as current. We did some testing of the wider plates and shorter arms, and it was very good in some conditions, but seems to limit traction in others. The feedback from the drivers suggested the standard length was a bit more versatile in multiple conditions.

As Jason mentioned, the chassis should be the same length, just a bit stiffer than the 2010 spec.

Regarding the prototype stuff, Leon is certainly part of the team. The new pieces for testing have been pretty limited this time around, so not everyone has all the pieces. I believe Josh picked up his pieces at the Worlds and Jason grabbed some stuff from Juraj at the touring car Worlds in Houston. I guess Leon just needs to travel to Asia more often, or attend some nitro onroad events Other than that, things are pretty slim! I know Leon has a few items that the other guys don't, so its just a give and take.

We hope to have a few more pre-prodiction cars coming so we can get the 'final' 2011 bits out to Leon, Josh, Jason and a couple others so people might have a chance to pick their brain about setup suggestions before their own kits arrive.

Bryan

I'd like to think I have the cooler of the no named stuff
Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Bryan
Thanks for the insight.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Details of the 2011 spec have been released:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...kategoria=2327

2011 XRAY 808 New Specs:
• New chassis to accomodate all new drivetrain parts
• New and improved handling
• New suspension geometry with multi-adjustable roll centers
• New improved weight balance with more centrally-positioned rotary moment
• New diff bulkheads to accomodate new drivetrain parts
• New central drivetrain system
• New central CVD drive shafts
• New pinion gears
• New diff ball-bearings
• New better-sealing shock O–rings
• New rear brace to accomodate new central drive shafts
• New front and rear alu suspension holders with eccentric roll centers
• New composite eccentric bushings
• New more robust suspension pins
• New high-downforce body
• New graphite radio plate more securely placed between throttle servo and spur gear
• New updated radio box

Old 02-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I find it kind of funny how the shock o-rings have been replaced with better sealing ones after complaints about leaking shocks kept being blamed on the shocks being built incorrectly...
Old 02-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

No company is gonna admit they built a crappy product but itleast after 3 years the finally realized the diff design was a bad idea. Im just kinda disappointed about the black aluminum suspension holders instead of the gold and the black shock caps that look plastic instead of the hard coated ones
Old 02-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Hmm.. Unfortunatley im not all that impressed with what I have seen so far... Its a 10 spec - New drivetrain. Im sure time will lead to more insight but, there is not much new bits on it from what I can see and gather. Don't know if I like the new Alu Black look tbh.. or not. I was waiting for this release to see if, it could keep me with Xray after driving the 09 and now 10 spec. But, its struggling to have the same appeal some of the newer buggies have out there.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Hmm.. Unfortunatley im not all that impressed with what I have seen so far... Its a 10 spec - New drivetrain. Im sure time will lead to more insight but, there is not much new stuff on it from what I can see and gather. Don't know if I like the new Alu Black look tbh.. or not. Unfortunatley.. this could see me moving buggy.
what is that you want?????? they changed everything that people had to bitch about and changed a couple things to make the car perform better.......:confus ed:
Old 02-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by punkracer24
what is that you want?????? they changed everything that people had to bitch about and changed a couple things to make the car perform better.......:confus ed:
Haha, exactly. I think it looks awesome and can't wait to get mine. Why completely change the car when you already have a good design? By the way, +1 from me on the black aluminum.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I think they have really made the changes that are needed the rest of the Buggy was good, And getting the hinge pins in the kit is another step forward.We cant wait to get ours....
Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by punkracer24
It's a great car don't get me wrong, I love my 10 spec. But I feel for Xray to keep people, As a fair few people wanted something big. As the new buggies' out there are coming out in force. I just thought there would be something new if you get me? but I know they scraped the long sups holder's, as it tended to make the car act like a pogo stick on some tracks. Either way, it will still be a great car. I just think there will be a fair few people leaving for one of the newer generation buggies. I never had any issues with my drivetrain, and that never bothered me. Maybe thats why I was expecting more.. from it?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
It's a great car don't get me wrong, I love my 10 spec. But I feel for Xray to keep people, As a fair few people wanted something big. As the new buggies' out there are coming out in force. I just thought there would be something new if you get me? but I know they scraped the long sups holder's, as it tended to make the car act like a pogo stick on some tracks. Either way, it will still be a great car. I just think there will be a fair few people leaving for one of the newer generation buggies. I never had any issues with my drivetrain, and that never bothered me. Maybe thats why I was expecting more.. from it?
On this and the XRAY forum, the team guys, myself included, have been saying XRAY wasn't going to be making huge wholesale appearance changes to the car. This car was to address the areas for which you (all encompassing you, I don't know if you race), the racer had asked over the last couple of years. Name the things of the 'newer generation' of buggies that make them faster and easier to work on? The pro's results seem to not change an amount, and with Josh (a guy that races part time) was easily top 10 in speed at the worlds with this car. Ok so that leaves it to wrenching, and I don't know any other car I would rather work on than this one!

It's cool you have a company out there like XRAY with a thread in the forum they host titled 'XRAY Wants You!' so they can stay on top of their customer's demands.

While it may not be wholesale appearance changes, I can tell you from experience, this car is an entirely different animal on the track. Acceleration and handling have completely changed with these new changes to the car.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

The only difference between the 808 and the newer buggies is the 808 doesn't have a split radio tray and a f&$%** up throttle brake linkage and as far as xray loosing customers is stupid they will actually gain customers since they have fixed the problem that drove people away
Old 02-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin57
The only difference between the 808 and the newer buggies is the 808 doesn't have a split radio tray and a f&$%** up throttle brake linkage and as far as xray loosing customers is stupid they will actually gain customers since they have fixed the problem that drove people away
My thinking exactly.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies Rocco and Brian. Looks good, not really into complete new designs but improvements on performance. Cade and I look forward to trying it out this year for sure. He is very excited!

My only question is will the 2010 aluminum suspension holders not work with the 2011? Just curious.

Thanks

Jon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.