New XRAY 808

Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 PM
  #9181  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
bigmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,485
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

yea right, send back to italy. I emailed Josh to get his opinion if it was a bad batch or design,or a fluke from crashing. Since I haven't installed and x-ray knows there is a problem I would hope they would come forward and show some integrity as a company and replace free of charge. I guess we will find out. I'm still sticking with x-ray. As hard as I have crashed that car any other one I had would have dam near replaced the whole car. I had or still have a jammin x-2 that is all kingheadz/drive shaft upgraded. Knowing what I know now would have never wasted my money on that car or the hyper 8.5 I had before that. I thought for sure the carbon towers would have broke for sure.NO!! Besides the usual bearing replacement after 2-3 gallons depending how dusty it is and the drive pins,that's about all I've had to replace.
bigmatt is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 AM
  #9182  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (74)
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

anyone lucky enough to be going to the toy fair in germany this week if so get some pics of the 808 2011 model for us
cheers
aussies1129 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:14 AM
  #9183  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
juzza99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: lrrcc track, sydney
Posts: 830
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigmatt
yea right, send back to italy. I emailed Josh to get his opinion if it was a bad batch or design,or a fluke from crashing. Since I haven't installed and x-ray knows there is a problem I would hope they would come forward and show some integrity as a company and replace free of charge. I guess we will find out. I'm still sticking with x-ray. As hard as I have crashed that car any other one I had would have dam near replaced the whole car. I had or still have a jammin x-2 that is all kingheadz/drive shaft upgraded. Knowing what I know now would have never wasted my money on that car or the hyper 8.5 I had before that. I thought for sure the carbon towers would have broke for sure.NO!! Besides the usual bearing replacement after 2-3 gallons depending how dusty it is and the drive pins,that's about all I've had to replace.
Ive ran the new rear hubs and front slimmer knuckles now for 6 race days and my parts dont look like breaking. I love the look of the black parts now instead of that goldy brown colour.
juzza99 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:26 AM
  #9184  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
rmargiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 210
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigmatt
yea right, send back to italy. I emailed Josh to get his opinion if it was a bad batch or design,or a fluke from crashing. Since I haven't installed and x-ray knows there is a problem I would hope they would come forward and show some integrity as a company and replace free of charge. I guess we will find out. I'm still sticking with x-ray. As hard as I have crashed that car any other one I had would have dam near replaced the whole car. I had or still have a jammin x-2 that is all kingheadz/drive shaft upgraded. Knowing what I know now would have never wasted my money on that car or the hyper 8.5 I had before that. I thought for sure the carbon towers would have broke for sure.NO!! Besides the usual bearing replacement after 2-3 gallons depending how dusty it is and the drive pins,that's about all I've had to replace.
Why not send back to Italy? If you got them from a shop in Italy, that shop, or the Italian distributor is the place with whom you need to speak, as they shouldn't even be shipping parts to the US, but that's a whole other can of worms. This precedent is set because it is not fair for the US distributor to have to replace missing parts out of a kit that wasn't purchased from the US (i.e. Hong Kong, Italy, etc).

As a former RC America employee (as of 5 days ago), I believe I came forward and told you about this last night, and the reason RCA didn't sell them to the public. All we did was told XRAY that we would not be selling them, and how we think they should revise them, as we do with all of the HUDY/XRAY parts since they constantly evolve the product to keep it from becoming, for lack of a better word, 'stale'. It is their prerogative if they change it or not, but we simply chose not to sell them.

As aforementioned, it is up to the establishment from which you bought the items to take care of any customer related concerns about those respective items. I'm sure the guys at RCA wouldn't have a problem helping you out, but they wouldn't have any in stock and they know the aluminum rear hubs weren't sold within the US.
rmargiotta is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 AM
  #9185  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
rmargiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 210
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by juzza99
Ive ran the new rear hubs and front slimmer knuckles now for 6 race days and my parts dont look like breaking. I love the look of the black parts now instead of that goldy brown colour.
To go along with this post, they are durable, Jason and Josh just had incredibly hard hits. Maybe RCA was being a little conservative...
rmargiotta is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 AM
  #9186  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
bigmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,485
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Look I'm sure I could send back to Italy,but why? X-ray is x-ray no matter where or what part of the world we are in. I'm not going to argue it with any one. I have the pieces and am going to put them on and see what happens. All's I can say; X-ray actually made a part that broke
bigmatt is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 AM
  #9187  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
rmargiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 210
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigmatt
Look I'm sure I could send back to Italy,but why? X-ray is x-ray no matter where or what part of the world we are in. I'm not going to argue it with any one. I have the pieces and am going to put them on and see what happens. All's I can say; X-ray actually made a part that broke
XRAY distributors are not part of XRAY, they are private entities, and are contractually bound as such. Yes, it is weird, haha!!
rmargiotta is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 AM
  #9188  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Hey Rocco,

Can you share if the length of the new 2011 chassis will be longer than that of the 2010? Just curious how much different it will be.

Thanks,
rfleck is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
  #9189  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
jbranham50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 247
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rfleck
Hey Rocco,

Can you share if the length of the new 2011 chassis will be longer than that of the 2010? Just curious how much different it will be.

Thanks,
Ron, I'm pretty sure its goning to be the same length.
jbranham50 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM
  #9190  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jbranham50
Ron, I'm pretty sure its goning to be the same length.
Awesome JB! I couldn't see why they would want to change it much. It is by far the most stable of buggies I've driven.

Later,
rfleck is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
  #9191  
Tech Addict
 
razo125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FearFarm - Arizona
Posts: 663
Default 2011 Kit

Will the 2011 kit be coming with new revised arms to go with the different suspension holders and hubs? I saw pics earlier that showed longer suspension holders, which I thought meant the arms would be shorter to make up the difference from the longer suspension holders.
razo125 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
  #9192  
Tech Addict
 
CJ Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 611
Default

Originally Posted by razo125
Will the 2011 kit be coming with new revised arms to go with the different suspension holders and hubs? I saw pics earlier that showed longer suspension holders, which I thought meant the arms would be shorter to make up the difference from the longer suspension holders.
I would imagine it has to come with short arms to keep it within the ROAR width rules.
CJ Weaver is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM
  #9193  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
pickle311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jonw

Anybody like or try the 41t overdrive gear in front?
Jon, the 41t gear is a very good tuning option to have. I haven't messed with it much in my 808, but I run it a lot in the XT8. I find it really helps on a loose track and allows me to drive harder. If you find the rear end wanting to spin around a lot exiting the corner and have to back off the throttle to compensate, try the overdrive. It will the let front end track better and becomes a little more point and shoot.
pickle311 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM
  #9194  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,414
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CJ Weaver
I would imagine it has to come with short arms to keep it within the ROAR width rules.
It does have shorter arms, but i dont know if the rear of the chassis where the droop screw touches comes out wider.
mcion is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
  #9195  
Tech Adept
 
RC America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 168
Default

The arms should be the same as current. We did some testing of the wider plates and shorter arms, and it was very good in some conditions, but seems to limit traction in others. The feedback from the drivers suggested the standard length was a bit more versatile in multiple conditions.

As Jason mentioned, the chassis should be the same length, just a bit stiffer than the 2010 spec.

Regarding the prototype stuff, Leon is certainly part of the team. The new pieces for testing have been pretty limited this time around, so not everyone has all the pieces. I believe Josh picked up his pieces at the Worlds and Jason grabbed some stuff from Juraj at the touring car Worlds in Houston. I guess Leon just needs to travel to Asia more often, or attend some nitro onroad events Other than that, things are pretty slim! I know Leon has a few items that the other guys don't, so its just a give and take.

We hope to have a few more pre-prodiction cars coming so we can get the 'final' 2011 bits out to Leon, Josh, Jason and a couple others so people might have a chance to pick their brain about setup suggestions before their own kits arrive.

Bryan
RC America is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.