New XRAY 808

Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Stiffer rear springs
Thicker rear diff fluid, then possibly thicker center fluid
Move the front arm wheelbase adjustment back, shorter (huge steering increase)

12 degree caster blocks
More rear camber -3 to -5

Go back to the stock diff.
Tires
That will kind of do the opposite. Legnthening the WB will decrease off-power and a stiffer rear spring will unload the rear end of a jump.

Don't run anymore then -2 degrees of rear camber in a car.
And going down from 7k oil in the front diff will increase off-power steering.

Last edited by BuggyKing; 12-29-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
That will kind of do the opposite. Legnthening the WB will decrease off-power and a stiffer rear spring will unload the rear end of a jump.

Yea, I would not go past -3 camber if you have to go pass that, something else is off.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BuggyKing

Shorter front wheelbase. Move the front arms back, not the rear. Cool feature on the 808. the further in you move the Front arms, the more front grip you'll pick up. Probally pick up way too much.

I jumped up to Blue rear springs, tried Losi greys as well. Gained alot of steering on exit.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Shorter front wheelbase. Move the front arms back, not the rear. Cool feature on the 808. the further in you move the Front arms, the more front grip you'll pick up. Probally pick up way too much.

I jumped up to Blue rear springs, tried Losi greys as well. Gained alot of steering on exit.
Ya that is one thing I liked about the Xray that other kits do not have is adjusting arms positions and internal gear changing.

The only thing I wished Xray would do is be able to adjust camber link lengths on the castor blocks, but you probably do not need to.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Just to confirm it sounds to me like you want more on power corner exit steering?

If so sounds like Zero is on the right track. I try not to give my thoughts on car feel cuz I run a real bizzar set-up(though it works for me) & nobody seems to use the same words to describe the same handling feeling.

I will say that thinner front dif oil will remove on power steering.
Thicker rear diff oil will increase increase on power steering but may restrict entry to early mid rotation more than you like.
Less front arm up travel will increase on power steering.
Stiffer rear(spring or oil) will increase on power steering.
Raising rear link will increase on power steering.
Low side traction tires in the rear will also increase on power steering.
Also think about how you drive,raising the front links will increase corner entry & that extra hook may be enough to cary through to enough continued exit rotation to feel like more exit steering.

808 setup is really easy just remember the golden rule.With a even close setup,& close with the 808 is almost as good as perfect on other brands, there is only so much total traction available so to get more at one end you must remove it at the other end. Its all about the balance.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by butch man
Just to confirm it sounds to me like you want more on power corner exit steering?

If so sounds like Zero is on the right track. I try not to give my thoughts on car feel cuz I run a real bizzar set-up(though it works for me) & nobody seems to use the same words to describe the same handling feeling.

I will say that thinner front dif oil will remove on power steering.
Thicker rear diff oil will increase increase on power steering but may restrict entry to early mid rotation more than you like.
Less front arm up travel will increase on power steering.
Stiffer rear(spring or oil) will increase on power steering.
Raising rear link will increase on power steering.
Low side traction tires in the rear will also increase on power steering.
Also think about how you drive,raising the front links will increase corner entry & that extra hook may be enough to cary through to enough continued exit rotation to feel like more exit steering.

808 setup is really easy just remember the golden rule.With a even close setup,& close with the 808 is almost as good as perfect on other brands, there is only so much total traction available so to get more at one end you must remove it at the other end. Its all about the balance.

You took it one step furthur then I did. And there are a few other things you can do to get more steering like lighter center diff oil will gain more mid-corner. Standing up the rear shocks will increase rotations. We can go on and on.

In a perfect world all we get is a neutral handling car.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hello

Hey guys,

I don't come to this site much but glad to see almost 600 pages of Xray talk.

I'm very excited about the 2011 car! We have been working hard to make the necessary changes along with peformance changes to make the overall car the best 808 yet!

Happy New Year and good luck Xray'ers in 11!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbranham50
Hey guys,

I'm very excited about the 2011 car! We have been working hard to make the necessary changes along with peformance changes to make the overall car the best 808 yet!

Happy New Year, JB!

2011 will be a blast for sure.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Cant wait for the 2011, seen your car in action past 2 races, Straight monster on the track. Hopefully it will make me as fast as you

Happy New Years.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Happy New Year

Happy New Year JB! And all of the Xray guys out there!

XRAY domination for 2011!!!!!

Cade
Old 12-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

so it looks like a release date for the 2011 808 after the toy fair in feb in germany any one else heard this?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
so it looks like a release date for the 2011 808 after the toy fair in feb in germany any one else heard this?
Would be nice if they released at the holiday time. My wife,what do you want for xmas? A new 2011 808 that I have hiding under the bed!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129

That's what Xray usualy does. Bummer, I know.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

i guess we're lucky the 808 2010 is so good as it takes the edge off the wait on the 2011 lol!!!

gotta say i love the entire feel of my 2010, after coming from an AE i find that im as quick/quicker in it at 8/10th's than i was at 10/10th's in my rc8b. and without feeling like im on the "edge" the whole time.

this is just my own observations not a dig at AE as i do still race my rc8b only as a rc8b-e now!

i just find the 808 is more suited to my driving style.

hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year!!!

Mike
Old 12-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Those that have the 09 version will they have to spend a lot of money to buy the new parts? Or will it be a conversion kit of about 140 dollars like the past experience?

Because if xray includes new chassis and aluminium parts i dont think that 140 will be the price range..maybe 200 and above..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.