New XRAY 808

Old 11-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade954
I just followed the Xray drivers from the forum (xray) this works a treat and done correctly lasts for ages and no mods to the brace.. Its the shock boot with a hole punched in the end and glued...

Any one else done this one....

that may work for dust and dirt but that is only part of the problem. case a jump or lawndart the car and the flex will cause the bearings to fail....dustboot unfortunately wont help.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vince7870
yes it will need to be shimmed quite a bit maybe 3 big silver skinny shims.....use the shims to fit where bearing sits....i think i have 3 or 4 on the gear side bearing
Actually it fit pretty tite, When test fitting, i put the diff in and pushed the diff gear towards the pinion and it would bind when spinning driveshaft. Once I let it go it was smooth so I put 1 shim on the opposite side of the ring gear. My out drives on my active diff are the dented ones that are bulky so the shims do not fit over them therefore you need to take the diff apart to shim it. Maybe because I am using truggy pinion vs buggy pinion?

Last edited by mcion; 11-24-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Pics of modded driveshaft setup.
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-imag0300.jpg   New XRAY 808-imag0301.jpg   New XRAY 808-imag0303.jpg   New XRAY 808-imag0305.jpg   New XRAY 808-imag0306.jpg  

Old 11-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

looks like you are going to have the get the fioroni rear brace it should fit
nice setup hope it has a long runtime
Old 11-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aussies1129
looks like you are going to have the get the fioroni rear brace it should fit
nice setup hope it has a long runtime
nah, brace is solid. should be no problem. i may get the fionori for the chassis flex if anything.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! Hats up to all you guys who did the mod!

I can't pull myself together to butcher my Aluminum chassis brace...
Old 11-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
Wow! Hats up to all you guys who did the mod!

Old 11-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Me neither..I got almost 9 hours race time on my 13x20 pinion bearings and they still spin like new.I'm actually replacing the pivot pin in the cvd more frequently now so I'm happy with mine as it stands..One of the reasons I switched to xray in the first place was for the captured cvd pivot pins.got fed up with my rear kyosho one loosening the grub screw on the pinion gear and losing the rear drive completely.And it only takes me an extra 5 minutes after removing a diff for service/oil change to remove the 3 small screws and re-grease the bearings anyway.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vince7870
that may work for dust and dirt but that is only part of the problem. case a jump or lawndart the car and the flex will cause the bearings to fail....dustboot unfortunately wont help.
That's what the mod was for and being to get a good grease on the pin and CVD assembly, No way is a dust boot is going to stop flexing...lol that's the guy behind the remote that does that job.....
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

If you dont want to cut a chassis brace just buy a fionori, they are about the same price and it clears.

Originally Posted by blade954
That's what the mod was for and being to get a good grease on the pin and CVD assembly, No way is a dust boot is going to stop flexing...lol that's the guy behind the remote that does that job.....
So your saying you drive perfect and dont make mistakes. You have any jumps like these at your track? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47sJ...eature=related The boot/grease mod is to pack grease around the opening to keep dirt away from the bearing and prevent premature bearing failure. Does the manual say use that much grease for a cvd pin assembly lol.

Me neither..I got almost 9 hours race time on my 13x20 pinion bearings and they still spin like new.I'm actually replacing the pivot pin in the cvd more frequently now so I'm happy with mine as it stands..One of the reasons I switched to xray in the first place was for the captured cvd pivot pins.got fed up with my rear kyosho one loosening the grub screw on the pinion gear and losing the rear drive completely.And it only takes me an extra 5 minutes after removing a diff for service/oil change to remove the 3 small screws and re-grease the bearings anyway.
No need to go thru the history on the bearings and why this mod is being done. Ill take my chances with losing a driveshaft than losing a diff and pinion. Your in a qualifier and lose a driveshaft, ok just put it back on, get ready for the next qualifier, but if you grind up a diff and pinion, good luck with that see you next race unless you have spares. If Xray Drivers are running it, Hence the pics of Josh Wheelers car on Neobuggy then there must be a reason why. I am sure your car does not spin well if you grease your diffs like the youtube video posted somewhere in this thread as I did it and it causes lots of drag. Each to their own though. Im loving it right now car rolls so smooth seems like it has a "FREAKY FIRST STEP" haha
Old 11-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by mcion
So your saying you drive perfect and dont make mistakes. You have any jumps like these at your track? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47sJ...eature=related The boot/grease mod is to pack grease around the opening to keep dirt away from the bearing and prevent premature bearing failure. Does the manual say use that much grease for a cvd pin assembly lol.
That's ridiculous .. thank god we don't have any stupid jumps like that at our tracks ..
Old 11-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

+1
Old 11-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mazmorbid
That's ridiculous .. thank god we don't have any stupid jumps like that at our tracks ..
Lol, yea i dont think its strategical, but you know how it is, everything is bigger in the United State of Texas lol.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
If anyone needs:
-ANY Xray Car or ANY parts for Xray cars
-ANY Hudy Tools
-ANY EDS Tools
-Agama Cars/ Parts
-AKA tires/wheels
-Novarossi engines
-TKO Bearings
-KO Pro
-VP Pro
-Fioroni Parts
-AXE Rossi Engines
-Proline
-Protek RC
-IF YOU DONT SEE THE BRAND YOUR LOOKING FOR JUST ASK WE PROBABLY CAN GET IT.
Another person and I are starting a webstore and we currently are dealers for all these brands. Please pm if you need any of these items. Send me part numbers if you can of everything you need. We will sell everything MUUUCCCHH CHEAPER than retail$. Just send me a pm of everything you want and I will get the prices for everything pmed back to you within the day. Again guys help us get off the ground we would really appreciate it. O and we are only shipping within the USA to start with.
Thanks Guys,
Matt
We really are trying to get a few serious orders in to try to get this business rolling. Any purchases will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

No offence, but for me.. when people keep bumping/plugging there shop it turns me off getting stuff from them slightly granted i'm in the Uk so no point but even if I wasn't.... Good luck with your shop though dude

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.