New XRAY 808

Old 11-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 808 10 Spec Tire Choice?

Has anyone tried the following tires on the 10 spec? If so, thoughts? Recomendations?

AKA Enduros
Proline Snipers
Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linerv
Kyosho shocks on Josh's xray?
I noticed that also in quiet a few other pictures.. hmm
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? here's my guess.

Originally Posted by Bren Ralls

There are various other points but i wont let on, its more fun to just sit back & see what you all come up with here..
I'm gonna take a stab at some of the tweaks you won't mention. This is what I think.. hope... speculate.... I could be way off, but at least let me know if I'm close...

Without actually seeing the rear end suspension moving, I'm going to guess the dogbones did not change in length. However since the arms are shorter they change in horizontal length at different rates as the suspension moves up and down. So what does that mean, it means the dogbones pins slide in the outdrives more than the original configuration. (some 10th scale electrics have this setup, and another 8th scale has this setup, this is nothing new, its just another choice in car setup)

On the current 808 configuation, the dogbone pins barely slide or don't slide within the outdrive at all. The advantage is the least amount of drag for a free moving rear suspension on and off power. This setup works well for many cars. But the other school of thought is to take advantage of that binding effect. If the pins DO slide within the outdrives, this binds the rear end suspension motion under load or on power. But off power the suspension motion frees up.

With this setup the rear end can be setup softer to handle bumps without sacrificing chassis bottoming on big jumps. (just be on the gas when you land) Without sacrificing too much weight transfer to the rear on power. (the car rotates well, but hooks up as soon as you get on the gas)

Losi uses this setup sucessfully. Those that have run Losi know that the car needs to be 'Broken in' before the car works. Before it breaks in the car has no rear traction. What your breaking in is the rear pins. You're putting a flatspot on the pins to help with this binding up action on power.

Bren will Xray be using this setup, or do the dogbone pins stay static througout the rear suspension travel?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brmena101
Has anyone tried the following tires on the 10 spec? If so, thoughts? Recomendations?

AKA Enduros
Proline Snipers
no run whats suited to your track, I use a soft aka ibeam as there are some loamy areas on my track and when it grooves up I will got to a soft or medium city block
Old 11-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
Looks like Josh Wheeler is either running the mugen bulldog body or is using a new proline one soon to come out. Surikan C. was also running the white or gray colored boy below

you think the mbx6 bulldog body would fit the 808? no sign of one on proline website for the 808
Old 11-14-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
you think the mbx6 bulldog body would fit the 808? no sign of one on proline website for the 808
the mugen mbx6 proline bulldog body will fit the 808
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Here is an mbx6 I had painted up for the 2010 808 I had . Underneath the steering links, I had to use a heat gun to mold the body to the Xray chassis.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...xrayera1fx.jpg
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
Here is an mbx6 I had painted up for the 2010 808 I had . Underneath the steering links, I had to use a heat gun to mold the body to the Xray chassis.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...xrayera1fx.jpg
yep thats the go
Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hi,

this is in regards of the f/r bearing issue. i just purchased the xray 808e and im not sure if it's coming with the new improved bearing kit for the f/r pinion. Do you know if xray will send me this kit if my 808e does not come with it?

thx
Old 11-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by teeforb
Hi,

this is in regards of the f/r bearing issue. i just purchased the xray 808e and im not sure if it's coming with the new improved bearing kit for the f/r pinion. Do you know if xray will send me this kit if my 808e does not come with it?

thx
Mine didn't come with one, but if you really wanted it, I'm sure they will send you one. In my opinion though, the 2 bearing is just as good as the 3 bearing. It comes down to how you maintain it...
Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJ Weaver
Mine didn't come with one, but if you really wanted it, I'm sure they will send you one. In my opinion though, the 2 bearing is just as good as the 3 bearing. It comes down to how you maintain it...
but that's the thing... I do not want to do any extra maintenance then what i have to do on any other 1/8th buggy... With my schedule and racing, i can not afford any extra maintenance. and with other buggies, this is not an issue.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The body on joshs car is the hotbodies d8 bulldog body. It fits with no mods

I know because I paint his bodies

As far as the shocks. Josh tested all configurations of the xray shocks and still went back to the Kyosho shocks for consistancy
Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by razo125
I'm gonna take a stab at some of the tweaks you won't mention. This is what I think.. hope... speculate.... I could be way off, but at least let me know if I'm close...

Without actually seeing the rear end suspension moving, I'm going to guess the dogbones did not change in length. However since the arms are shorter they change in horizontal length at different rates as the suspension moves up and down. So what does that mean, it means the dogbones pins slide in the outdrives more than the original configuration. (some 10th scale electrics have this setup, and another 8th scale has this setup, this is nothing new, its just another choice in car setup)

On the current 808 configuation, the dogbone pins barely slide or don't slide within the outdrive at all. The advantage is the least amount of drag for a free moving rear suspension on and off power. This setup works well for many cars. But the other school of thought is to take advantage of that binding effect. If the pins DO slide within the outdrives, this binds the rear end suspension motion under load or on power. But off power the suspension motion frees up.

With this setup the rear end can be setup softer to handle bumps without sacrificing chassis bottoming on big jumps. (just be on the gas when you land) Without sacrificing too much weight transfer to the rear on power. (the car rotates well, but hooks up as soon as you get on the gas)

Losi uses this setup sucessfully. Those that have run Losi know that the car needs to be 'Broken in' before the car works. Before it breaks in the car has no rear traction. What your breaking in is the rear pins. You're putting a flatspot on the pins to help with this binding up action on power.

Bren will Xray be using this setup, or do the dogbone pins stay static througout the rear suspension travel?
Sorry for slow reply only just had time to check, but for what its worth or means pins stay static & do not move through travel.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bren Ralls
Sorry for slow reply only just had time to check, but for what its worth or means pins stay static & do not move through travel.
Awww well, there goes my guess I'm still looking forward to some of the improvements.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

If anyone needs:
-ANY Xray Car or ANY parts for Xray cars
-ANY Hudy Tools
-ANY EDS Tools
-Agama Cars/ Parts
-AKA tires/wheels
-Novarossi engines
-TKO Bearings
-KO Pro
-VP Pro
-Fioroni Parts
-AXE Rossi Engines
-Proline
-Protek RC
-IF YOU DONT SEE THE BRAND YOUR LOOKING FOR JUST ASK WE PROBABLY CAN GET IT.
Another person and I are starting a webstore and we currently are dealers for all these brands. Please pm if you need any of these items. Send me part numbers if you can of everything you need. We will sell everything MUUUCCCHH CHEAPER than retail$. Just send me a pm of everything you want and I will get the prices for everything pmed back to you within the day. Again guys help us get off the ground we would really appreciate it. O and we are only shipping within the USA to start with.
Thanks Guys,
Matt

Last edited by mmaattppllaayy; 11-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.