New XRAY 808

Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaap
I would love to be able to build my shocks with my prefferences but I never know what piston wholes to use and what shock oil. Where do I start off and where do I go on from there on?
All else failed, you can always go back to the stock settings as per the manual...
Old 10-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would love to be able to build my shocks with my prefferences but I never know what piston wholes to use and what shock oil. Where do I start off and where do I go on from there on?

read the "suspension" chapter here http://users.telenet.be/elvo/ read it all actually best reference on the planet
Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hello people,

here is a video of me practicing. I know I still a very amatuer driver but please comment on how to improve my driving technique and also recommend a good setup sheet as well as setup tips for this particular track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpKXZi2I-w8

Thanks in advance and sorry for the wobly and bad video quality
Old 10-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great!

Hello people,

here is a video of me practicing. I know I still a very amatuer driver but please comment on how to improve my driving technique and also recommend a good setup sheet as well as setup tips for this particular track:

Old 10-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

One thing to work on is to smooth out your throttle control. Try and ease into the throttle instead of on off on off. Don't worry that's how most people start driving. But if you listen to the pros drive you'll hear waaaaah waaaaaah. Not wah wah wah wah around turns. watch Adam drake videos on YouTube. That's the most recorded driver by far. You'll understand what I'm Talmud about instantly if you compare your video to his. All in all just roll into the throttle and stay on it longer. Don't compensate your driving for a bad setup. If the rear wants to spin out just try thinner rear diff fluid or thinner center center did fluid.

Hello people,

Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
One thing to work on is to smooth out your throttle control. Try and ease into the throttle instead of on off on off. Don't worry that's how most people start driving. But if you listen to the pros drive you'll hear waaaaah waaaaaah. Not wah wah wah wah around turns. watch Adam drake videos on YouTube. That's the most recorded driver by far. You'll understand what I'm Talmud about instantly if you compare your video to his. All in all just roll into the throttle and stay on it longer. Don't compensate your driving for a bad setup. If the rear wants to spin out just try thinner rear diff fluid or thinner center center did fluid.
Thanks for the reply. I have watched adam drake in youtube but in all that noise I couldnt hear clearly what you were saying. So to understand fully, he brakes before the turn, turns the carn freewheel and then steps on the throttle?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice video. Seems like you have alot of engine in that 10spec Choose a line or make an imaginery line that gives the most speed going in and out of turns. something i noticed early was that Drake always ran the same line every single lap.

Another tip, slow down while you are finding this line.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. I have watched adam drake in youtube but in all that noise I couldnt hear clearly what you were saying. So to understand fully, he brakes before the turn, turns the carn freewheel and then steps on the throttle?
basically just be smooth onto the throttle, dont tap tap tap tap it. just slowly give it throttle so you dont lose traction and once your on it stay on the throttle. When you tap the throttle continuously it tends to make the diffs act a little inconsistent so you end up not having as much control as you should.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

ive got a 3 bearing setup brand new straight from rc america if anyone needs it ill include 6 bearings total not just the two pictured.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

mmaattppllaayy pm sent about the pinions
Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello people,

< had to remove the link to YouTube: I must post more messages ;-) >

Hey Jaap,

Where is that track located ?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fred125
Hey Jaap,

Where is that track located ?
Its in Cyprus...get your friends and come over
Old 10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Its in Cyprus...get your friends and come over
Arghh..
Your name sounds dutch, and we don't have to many circuits here in the Netherlands.
Wishfull thinking I suppose..
Old 10-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
mmaattppllaayy pm sent about the pinions
Thanks for the inquiry sorry it didnt work out.
------PINION SET IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE--------
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

anyone know ROCCOS base line set up for 10 spec. thanx

Last edited by transplantlife; 10-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.