New XRAY 808

Old 05-06-2010, 09:29 AM
  #6976  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default xray 808 ------2010

you can convert an 08 model direct to the 10 spec ?
paul toca is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
  #6977  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

My stock bearings are fine at the 1 gallon mark. Am I just lucky? Usually I am not.
infanterene is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
  #6978  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Default

Those having problems, can try putting a shim behind the inside bearing. So the screw can lock on to it firmly, less play and without having the risk of over tightening the screws.
king offroad is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
  #6979  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default thank you

Originally Posted by king offroad
Those having problems, can try putting a shim behind the inside bearing. So the screw can lock on to it firmly, less play and without having the risk of over tightening the screws.
I've been trying to tell them that.....
merdith6 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 12:52 PM
  #6980  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
johnhsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

no,i already upg to 10 version,i order 3 bearing pinion(355113) & alu collar (352077)

Originally Posted by ganymede
yours is the 09 spec right? which parts did you get to run the 3 bearings mod?
johnhsp is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM
  #6981  
Tech Addict
 
razo125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FearFarm - Arizona
Posts: 663
Default 1.1x10 pistons

Just wanted to see if anyone has tried these pistons yet in the xray shock bodies?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Machined-1-1mmX1...c#ht_735wt_939

I've been running 1.1x10 with AE shock bodies in the rear of my buggy since day one. The car is more planted when landing without the hop before settling down.
razo125 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 01:27 PM
  #6982  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,690
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Ive got some Razo...they fit perfectly and are super smooth just like xray quality. I have not gotten to run them yet though...Been raining to much here. Should get to run them this weekend though.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 PM
  #6983  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by razo125
Just wanted to see if anyone has tried these pistons yet in the xray shock bodies?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Machined-1-1mmX1...c#ht_735wt_939

I've been running 1.1x10 with AE shock bodies in the rear of my buggy since day one. The car is more planted when landing without the hop before settling down.
Yes I got a few sets from this guy on ebay I am running 1.3 x 8 tapered with 650 in the front and 10 x 1.1 tapered with 500 in the rear and my car is really good I have been running on grooved up high bite stuff that can get kinda blown out but for the most part pretty good. I posted my setup on the XRAY site http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...50&setup=xb808 hope this helps some in the all mighty quest for the perfect setup.......
zedrc is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
  #6984  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Gizmatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: normandy,france
Posts: 1,006
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by razo125
Just wanted to see if anyone has tried these pistons yet in the xray shock bodies?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Machined-1-1mmX1...c#ht_735wt_939

I've been running 1.1x10 with AE shock bodies in the rear of my buggy since day one. The car is more planted when landing without the hop before settling down.

I've been running the 1.3 x 8 from the same seller for the last couple of races..600 oil in the front and 700 in the rear..nice and smooth but bottoms on big jumps so I ordered the 10 x 1.0 mm as well and they arrived today so I'll try them next week sometime.the smaller holes should pack fast on big jumps without sacrificing too much suppleness in the rough stuff..hopefully anyway..I'm ordereing some 1.2 x 8 and the 1.25 x 8 angle drilled "magic" pistons from ghea racing too...
Gizmatron is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
  #6985  
Tech Addict
 
razo125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FearFarm - Arizona
Posts: 663
Default

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ive got some Razo...they fit perfectly and are super smooth just like xray quality. I have not gotten to run them yet though...Been raining to much here. Should get to run them this weekend though.

EA
Originally Posted by zedrc
Yes I got a few sets from this guy on ebay I am running 1.3 x 8 tapered with 650 in the front and 10 x 1.1 tapered with 500 in the rear and my car is really good I have been running on grooved up high bite stuff that can get kinda blown out but for the most part pretty good. I posted my setup on the XRAY site http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...50&setup=xb808 hope this helps some in the all mighty quest for the perfect setup.......
Originally Posted by Gizmatron
I've been running the 1.3 x 8 from the same seller for the last couple of races..600 oil in the front and 700 in the rear..nice and smooth but bottoms on big jumps so I ordered the 10 x 1.0 mm as well and they arrived today so I'll try them next week sometime.the smaller holes should pack fast on big jumps without sacrificing too much suppleness in the rough stuff..hopefully anyway..I'm ordereing some 1.2 x 8 and the 1.25 x 8 angle drilled "magic" pistons from ghea racing too...

Cool glad to hear I won't be the only one running them. I ordered a set for my xray shock bodies. If they are anything like the ones I've been running (AE 1.1x10) they are more sensitive to temp changes I think because the holes are so small. But the ones I had worked great. I will start out with 500 wt.

I've also been running the Ghea tapers 1.25x8 in the front and they are a good match with the 1.1x10 rears.

I am transitioning back to Xray from Mugen and wanted to get the latest and greatest setups with the new 2010 chassis. Here's my setup from last year... Temps were in the 50+ degrees so adjust your oil accordingly. This is dialed for a small/tight track, its sucks on big track... too much steering. What's everyone running on rough tracks WITH big jumps. I need a plush setup WITH pack. hehe.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...47&setup=xb808
razo125 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
  #6986  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Default

I've been trying to tell them that.....
merdith6

My mates thought I was BS until they try em out.

It is as simple as putting icing to the cake.
king offroad is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
  #6987  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
r1harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: purvis, ms
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

i am sure this is somewhere on here but..my rear diff in my 808 and xt8 has started to leak. i have tried err-thing, i cant get it to stop leaking on the gear side..i changed diff cup and it still leaks any ideas it would be greatly appreciated
r1harper is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
  #6988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,264
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by r1harper
i am sure this is somewhere on here but..my rear diff in my 808 and xt8 has started to leak. i have tried err-thing, i cant get it to stop leaking on the gear side..i changed diff cup and it still leaks any ideas it would be greatly appreciated
If its the oring leaking then these will fix ya up. http://www.mcmaster.com/#5233t32/=6z8mt3

If its leaking at the gasket try putting the diff cup on a flat piece of sandpaper and sanding the face of the diff cup smooth. If that doesnt work maybe a little gasket sealer goop.
jhautz is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 08:27 PM
  #6989  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
r1harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: purvis, ms
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

yea it is around the oring
r1harper is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 07:14 AM
  #6990  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (96)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 3,470
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Here is a pic of just ONE rear outer hinge pin. I've had enough toy cars to know when something has been hammered and when something has been taken care of............
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-dscn1581.jpg  
K.Copeland is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.