New XRAY 808

Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ya, DL it dude! I thought I sent you the manual? As far as the TC5R...well, its just the TC5 with the options that are good for rubber racing. Not a big deal, but it does make purchasing a kit a little cheaper if you want to run rubber or foam.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I sure hope that I get a phone call from the lhs today, Then I will know the 808 will be here. I can then enjoy the fun and excitement of building a new kit.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I second that shooky. I figure they should be here before the weekend, possibly even Tuesday.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Should pretty much be Tuesday or Wednesday everywhere.

And I'm with Steve, BoB is pretty lame.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Shaving the top plate is a known Losi trick to solve the same issue. However the Losi has even less clearance so you really have to cut that top plate back. On this one it looks like a quick smooth back with the Dremel would insure safe operation. No biggy...
That's a fix for those of us not smart enough to rotate the alignment of the ball linkage and run the arm on top. No shaving needed. I'm sure the 808 would work just fine that way too.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
That's a fix for those of us not smart enough to rotate the alignment of the ball linkage and run the arm on top. No shaving needed. I'm sure the 808 would work just fine that way too.
Actually, this fix (for Losi's) is very necessary when running OS's regardless of where the ball link is placed. The area is so crowed that the slide itself will strike the top plate. Many would also angle the carb slightly. This could cause sticking.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Rotating the ball link that way did not help me either, as then the linkage was pulling the carb down toward the chassis ever so slightly, no matter what carb angle I had. I even shimmed my servo horn up on the Losi using a wheelbase spacer. I always work on my linkage until it is pulling perfectly straight, and also not trying to rotate the carb barrel, causing binding on the idle screw.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

The first round of kits should be in Canada in the next couple of days.

Is it here yet?

HOW ABOUT NOW???
Old 04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Mine just shipped!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys, I think your in for treat - well those who ordered the car. I watched Maxy run this weekend and the car is impressive. Well, he had trouble in the first qualifier and did better by the second as he made adjustments. By the main he had the car dialed in and was turning some wicked consistent laps.

That car looks like it is going to be a winner. Very impressed with the design and finish. I think your gonna be real happy!

Congrats to those who ordered them.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by petevette
Guys, I think your in for treat - well those who ordered the car. I watched Maxy run this weekend and the car is impressive. Well, he had trouble in the first qualifier and did better by the second as he made adjustments. By the main he had the car dialed in and was turning some wicked consistent laps.

That car looks like it is going to be a winner. Very impressed with the design and finish. I think your gonna be real happy!

Congrats to those who ordered them.
So your getting one, right Pete!?! The quality is very good indeed. Maxy is still tuning it. I know he is changing the diff fluids and shock oils, plus some changes to the rear upper links. We'll see how it goes this weekend at the points race.

Last edited by ezveedub; 04-28-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am tempted, but I got some work to do with my driving first. Once I can run with the experts without getting in there way I will look at another car. The Xray is nice, but I am in deep with my RC8. I have alot of extra parts and stuff for it.

Man, if Maxy is still making adjustments that car is going to be incredible. He was running so good with it during the main. Funny thing is that he made a rookie mistake. I won't mention it here though, he would kill me.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face 8ight to BoB......

Pete wrote -
Funny thing is that he made a rookie mistake. I won't mention it here though, he would kill me.
Yesterday 08:42 PM

Now that is the part of the hobby that is fun.

Has anyone done a spring comparison switching from Losi to the 808? The silver springs seem very soft from the kit. Anyone know what the rate is?

For some of our customers, I'm trying to figure out what would be equivilant to Losi greens and silvers.

For you guys making the switch I have some info to baseline your shock setup on.
1.3mm 6 hole Xray piston = 55 medium 6 hole Losi pistons
550 CPS true measurement = 40 wt Losi shock oil

Being that both cars are going to come in just above minimum weight rules, they should be just about the same.

Hope it helps someone,
TEX
Old 04-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
OK.... This "BoB" thing really must go.....

So you prefer that we call it an 8ight-oh-8ight?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
So your getting one, right Pete!?! The quality is very good indeed. Maxy is still tuning it. I know he is changing the diff fluids and shock oils, plus some changes to the rear upper links. We'll see how it goes this weekend at the points race.
All kidding aside, this car looks absolutely awesome. Some of our local guys are RCAmerica team guys, and the car really is the best thing I've seen... ever. Losi-like handling and XRay durability? How can you possibly ask for more?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.