New XRAY 808

Old 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
  #4261  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (208)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 8,547
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys if anyone is interested I am selling some new 808 parts along with my buggy.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ntire-car.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ray-xb808.html
dodgeguy is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
  #4262  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Contact your local dealer, I think we only have the V2/'09 spec stuff in stock as we have rotated out of the '08 stock. Or try to find a high volume dealer so there's a better chance of getting the newer V2 parts. A-main or Helotes are excellent bets if you do your shopping online.

Does this mean '08 bodies are no more to be had? some of us don't like our pregnant guppies squashed.
johnny t is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
  #4263  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
jnfweld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 465
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

What is the part number for the coozie I want to order some.
jnfweld is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
  #4264  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
rmargiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 210
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny t
Does this mean '08 bodies are no more to be had? some of us don't like our pregnant guppies squashed.
It's a separate part number which will be available. We ordered and have both in stock. Trust me, I'm with you, I like the original body...

Originally Posted by jnfweld
What is the part number for the coozie I want to order some.
LOL!

I think we have 2 in stock (out of the 3 we ordered, haha!)...

199199 - HUDY EURO POUCH

Wow, I am extremely displeased with the new signature rules.
rmargiotta is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
  #4265  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
jnfweld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 465
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F-1
and where i can buy parts of new 2009 version??
Some of the parts are in now in stock for the 09 spec.

We have the new shock boots, shock bottoms, shock bottom nuts, low pro air filter refills.
jnfweld is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
  #4266  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 743
Default

Urrrggg.. I want an 09 kit so bad! Cant get one yet though, I'm refinancing my house.. no spendi.. spendi... However, I just signed up for the US Gas Nationals, so I'll be in need of a new kit soon!


...and new servos
...and new tires
...and new batteries
...and fuel
...and parts
...and $2000 so I cant fly back for a week and rent a car to live in....
...and....and...and.....
CarCrazy is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
  #4267  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
...... Trust me, I'm with you, I like the original body...
+1 !!!!!!!
mazzinga is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:06 PM
  #4268  
Tech Elite
 
allan42r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OSWEGO IL.
Posts: 2,602
Default

Originally Posted by johnny t
Does this mean '08 bodies are no more to be had? some of us don't like our pregnant guppies squashed.
how about anything that doesnt have half a package of zip ties!
allan42r is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM
  #4269  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
Urrrggg.. I want an 09 kit so bad! Cant get one yet though, I'm refinancing my house.. no spendi.. spendi... However, I just signed up for the US Gas Nationals, so I'll be in need of a new kit soon!


...and new servos
...and new tires
...and new batteries
...and fuel
...and parts
...and $2000 so I cant fly back for a week and rent a car to live in....
...and....and...and.....
The only things I want are the new Bulkheads, the new Ball ends, the shock caps with boots, and the servo saver..other than that I love my 808 just fine
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
  #4270  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240
The only things I want are the new Bulkheads, the new Ball ends, the shock caps with boots, and the servo saver..other than that I love my 808 just fine
I don't know if in USA is the same, but in italy we have an upgrade 08 --> 09 spec kit for 150 (197$) and you have all the new parts, new body included , I sold my 08 kit and bought the 09 spec just to have a fresh car for new race season
mazzinga is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
  #4271  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by allan42r
how about anything that doesnt have half a package of zip ties!
Hey those zip ties are keeping it real! but I have got a new body painted for this week, the better to bounce off mugens.

even though I have a stock of 6 bodies I thought would get me though the year, if things going the way they are I am going to run out.
johnny t is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
  #4272  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

does anyone else here suffer from dreaded leaky diff? I keep frying my center diff and having no brakes to show for it.

are there any alternatives to the stock o-rings people have tried? anyone try buna-n as opposed to the stock rings that are silicone?. I am at a loss. fresh diff cup and spur w/ o-rings and still leak after 10 minutes of running. the stock orings get stretched out in a hurry. I dont think I am overfilling as I get no squeeze out when I put the two halfs together.

I am using associated oil and mobile1 grease on the outdrives.
johnny t is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
  #4273  
Tech Master
iTrader: (59)
 
rmargiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 210
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mazzinga
I don't know if in USA is the same, but in italy we have an upgrade 08 --> 09 spec kit for 150 (197$) and you have all the new parts, new body included , I sold my 08 kit and bought the 09 spec just to have a fresh car for new race season
Yeuppers, this should be part# 35 0902!

I think we have a couple of these left for those who are interested...

Originally Posted by johnny t
does anyone else here suffer from dreaded leaky diff? I keep frying my center diff and having no brakes to show for it.

are there any alternatives to the stock o-rings people have tried? anyone try buna-n as opposed to the stock rings that are silicone?. I am at a loss. fresh diff cup and spur w/ o-rings and still leak after 10 minutes of running. the stock orings get stretched out in a hurry. I dont think I am overfilling as I get no squeeze out when I put the two halfs together.

I am using associated oil and mobile1 grease on the outdrives.
I've noticed this on some of the older cars I have worked on. I think they had a bad batch of diff o-rings, and after replacing them with current stock, I haven't seen an issue.
rmargiotta is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
  #4274  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

thanks rocco, try a fresh order of rings and see where that gets me. the replacements I have are from last year.

BTW do you know what material the stock o-rings are made of? eg...buna-n, nitrle EPDM silicone, etc.....

Last edited by johnny t; 04-16-2009 at 04:49 PM.
johnny t is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
  #4275  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (34)
 
bcr500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dayton TN
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=rmargiotta;5693098]Yeuppers, this should be part# 35 0902!

I think we have a couple of these left for those who are interested...


I want a conv. kit!!!!
bcr500 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.