New XRAY 808

Old 03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elcaminosslover
I am thinking of going back to the 808 and was wondering when the 2009 version will be in stock for purchase? I broke 4-lower arms, 2-upper arms, and 2-C hubs this weekend on my MP9 in Garland. Hey Rocco, that was a good catch while marshaling!!
The '09 808's are shipping from us today.

Thanks buddy, I made a couple of them, haha!!!

Originally Posted by mikenix
Anyone know where to get a Ti screw kit for the 808?
When I looked into doing this, nobody had a kit, you just have to piece it together, but only in 'low' stress areas.

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
I didn't hang around to see the A mains. how did you do?

thank you for all the help over the weekend... And a big thank you to Sean Thomas and David Mills (both Xray drivers). Great guys
I wound up 2nd in truck and 4th in buggy after two flame outs.... No problem with the help, I enjoy it!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is what happened last weekend. I was coming off a triple and landed in the straight. Along comes a buggy full speed crashing over me breaking my front bulkhead and shock shaft apart. I’m sure any buggy would have been damaged from a crash like this. No biggie tho

p.s. the CF shock tower didn't suffer any damage from the impact

Last edited by omarwashington; 03-09-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: ;)
Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Man Xray plastics just kill me how good they are. You broke a shaft but I'll bet your plsatic shock end is just fine and can be reused. It's superman plastic. Stronger than steel. I did the same thing getting clobbered from behind. Broke the shaft but no harm to the end.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

That must have been some serious crash, I have never seen a xray bulkhead in this shape. We have 3 xray here, I have never seen a bulkead failing even landing right on the front shock tower
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Only one Ive seen break was the result of literally driving directly into a brick wall.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
what hobby shop?
www.teamhelotes.com
Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up You kidding me.....lol!

Rocco,
I know a certain AE driver that owes you a big thank you for your marshalling. If that would have been a couple of inches more he would have had a real bad day.

Good run this weekend! You did well.
TEX
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington

Ive broken 2 front bulkheads in the same spot, and the shock shaft at the same spot twice as well. Both times were at a very rough track where people where breaking left and right. Other than that, solid as a rock
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

jhautz I hit that wall this weekend.Consentrating so hard on not hitting the cars on either side flying down the straight that my finger slipped out of the trigger when I went to brake.No braekage& its not the first time

jrwoodchuck how do the arms look from the front? From bottoming the shocks out & then some?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by butch man
jrwoodchuck how do the arms look from the front? From bottoming the shocks out & then some?
normal, i only saw the problem when i was using the air compresser to clean off the car. i posted a thred asking about "caster vs camber" because the car got easer to drive over the weekend and i want to duplicate the kickup that was devoloped from the "tweek" with new arms. I'm going to try adding 2 degrees with my adj front hinge pin holders. and see how that feels.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

I have been running the 12deg for a while now & must say in my case it made the car much more stable at all times.Mostly tried it to get rid of the jerkys down the straight when it got blown out or developed the wavies bad enough to compress the chassis on that same straight, works better than I thought it would.The benefit I was not expecting was much more stable through rutted corners & lost NO steering in any part of the corner.Last thing I noticed was using my finger to unload/compress into the jump face to slow down instead of braking to slow,the front doesnt deflect as much or maybe the rear is loaded more.I'm not sure exactly how it works but I would say it adds at least 5,maybe 10 min more before my brain gets stressed/overused on the stand.I'm trying to think back & remember if I lost anything anywhere on the track & pretty sure I didnt.Only thing I must say is I run an out of the norm setup to begin with & I am also the one that said if your not bending losi arms you will never bend X-ray arms & we see how that went.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington

Here is what happened last weekend. I was coming off a triple and landed in the straight. Along comes a buggy full speed crashing over me breaking my front bulkhead and shock shaft apart. Im sure any buggy would have been damaged from a crash like this. No biggie tho

p.s. the CF shock tower didn't suffer any damage from the impact
Haha, I was hit at the end of the straight at our big indoor race in Canada. The ambient temp was like 5-10 degrees Celsius and I was hit full speed at the end of a straight. The track was so loose I didn't notice a thing for the rest of the qualifier. When I finished the right rear tire had about -10 degrees of camber as the turnbuckle was a boomerang. Plastics were fine and I reused the ball ends. It was pretty cool I could finish a race with that kind of damage
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wild gopher
Ive broken 2 front bulkheads in the same spot, and the shock shaft at the same spot twice as well. Both times were at a very rough track where people where breaking left and right. Other than that, solid as a rock
Same happened to my friends 808 bulkhead but it's a rough track too with a killer fast double that has broken something on every club members car I think.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

man, you guys must be on the edge of out of control to break that stuff. I have yet to break my 808 once. I guess it helps that I can only race 7 months out of the year! Less chances of that happening.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 09' Spec buggy

Well I just finished building the 09' spec buggy (there is nothing like building an XRAY!!!) and the one difference that I didn't count on was how different the shocks are. It is an all new shock body that has a shorter thread count at the bottom to eliminate the felt pad space in favor of the shock boot. The bottom shock cap is shorter and has a groove for the shock boot which seems to hold it in real well. Leave it to XRAY to do it right in a mid cycle enhancement of a product.

The bulhead and turnbuckle plastics are alot beefier and I really question if they are breakable. I also like the new low profile body it fits snug on the chassis and should really keep the inside clean. Xray eliminated wheels from its kit's to allow for the upgrade and keep the price close (the xt8 gets 5mm hub adapters included).

Can't wait till Sunday to go out to Indy and break the chassis in for next weeks TX state series race. If any XRAY drivers in DFW want to come out Sunday Rocco and I will be there working on set ups and practicing starting at about 12:30. (not that Rocco needs practice) lol!

One more great thing about XRAY I sold my old roller on EBAY within 6 hours for the buy it now price!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.