New XRAY 808

Old 11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSC
Can you convert a standard diff to active or is it a complete package ?
Is it the same diff that is for the truggy ?
Where can i find one online ?
1. No. The Active Diff is completely different except the bearings.

2. The XT8 & 808 Active diffs are different. But most of the internal parts are the same.

3. May want to contact RC America and ask what on-line dealers ordered them for stock.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jhautz
I havent found them anywhere except the one RCHuligan has listed above from rcxray.com No place else seems to have them.
That's because they have been backordered since the Spring. It's not RC America's fault, the parts just weren't shipping out of Europe.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Not trying to sound like a jerk, I have seen more than 1 of you post that you can't find the active diff anywhere, but right here a few posts back. RCXRAY is saying they have a couple. Dont make me add 400 comma's to my post! You want one? Les has one.......Ok what's the problem?

Les, I used ........... instead of comma's!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:13 PM
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have a life and don't live on this thing .
I'm to busy outside using my car
Old 11-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
1. No. The Active Diff is completely different except the bearings.

2. The XT8 & 808 Active diffs are different. But most of the internal parts are the same.

3. May want to contact RC America and ask what on-line dealers ordered them for stock.
Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the only parts that go between the diffs are the o-rings and shims that go behind the big gears.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the only parts that go between the diffs are the o-rings and shims that go behind the big gears.

Who's got big Ears!!!??? There you go making fun of people again
Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

It works by giving you the best of both worlds of light and thin oils in the front diff. When there is no load on the ring gear, it operates like a normal diff and the diff action is controlled by the wt oil you have in it, while on power, it wedges two beveled aluminum pieces together to restrict diff action making it act like a diff with a lot higher wt diff fluid on power.

So you get more turn-in while getting more on-power steering, but you can alter the amount of turn-in/diff action by changing the diff fluid wt.

Hope my definition is clear!
Yup, thanks.
I stand corrected about braking early thingie. I was told that I brake later than anybody. But because I set it to "not" lock up. I can afford to go in deeper.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Who's got big Ears!!!??? There you go making fun of people again
Right on Mike Hunt!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's forum friendly...

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
Yup, thanks.
I stand corrected about braking early thingie. I was told that I brake later than anybody. But because I set it to "not" lock up. I can afford to go in deeper.
You have a 1/10th Elec. 4WD??

I'll be picking a B44 up this weekend to run at Mike's all winter...
Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Well i just got back from my first racing holiday with my 808... well, actually, it was my first racing holiday period. I raced with my brother at the Meakin Park track located 20 minutes south of Brisbane in Australia and had what i can only describe as an awesome time with a reasonable result.

We arrived at the track in the early morning and already my nerves were out of control... (It was my first meeting away from home with over twice the entries that i'm used to)
i nominated and received my loaner transponder for the day and then set about checking over the xray to make sure i had not forgotten anything.
Grid positions were posted on the boards and i was up in race 2 which kinda scared me as didn't get a chance to see how things were run (race 1 was 2wd electric)
So here i was, thrown in the deep end for my first qualifier. My brother Shaun, who was pitting for me, explained as best he could what to expect and fired my xray into life for me while i stood on the drivers stand waiting for the track to open. (Knees weak and butterflies in my stomach... the whole deal) The track is now open and warm up begins... pretty uneventful (pheww!!!) The buzzer sounds and the race begins. I circulate around the track passing the odd competitor here and there and realise that i had only been passed by 1 other driver.... (wow, i must be doing ok?) The race finishes and return to pit lane and look at the results screen to see how i faired?
@#$% I didn't register a single lap.... Grrrr, i was not happy. but out i went to marshal.... I returned to the pits to sort the transponder problem and was told that it would not pick up from inside the Battery box. So whilst waiting for the next heat i relocated it to under the body near the steering servo.
Problem solved, as in the next qualifier i was registering on the timing system. But very quickly, my next problem became evident. I'd run the warm up to the 2nd heat, started the race and just before completion of the first lap, my receiver gave out on me... I had no control what so ever... Grrr, 2 qualifiers and i had not posted a lap... My day was off to a great start!....
I ended up borrowing Shaun's receiver to finish the days racing so that saw me start the 3rd and final qualifier a little apprehensive.... The race started and i circulated round the track a little inconsistantly. But i finished the race and managed to clock the 2nd fastest lap of that race (out of 12 starters) so i was quite happy with the result.
The grid sheets were posted and i was out of 8th in the B main... Not so great, but i was optimistic... I lined up for the start of my first 20 min race with the plan of 2 stopping it just to be on the safe side... The buzzer went and i got off to a flying start into the first corner in 3rd place only to over cook the entry to the 2 corner and role over... After all the carnage, i was in last place but lapping at a reasonable pace untill i had a brain fart on the infield doubles and hit the gas on the landing instead of the brakes which launched me off the track and into a wooden barrier.
The turn marshal ran my car back to pit lane for us to find that it had broken a tie rod end screw. We raced back to the pits to find another screw, nut and the appropriate tools to fix the problem and got to work on it.
Before long i was back out on the track but 5-6 laps down. I continued to circulate around the track rather inconsistantly crashing out a few times due to the frustration i was feeling from the doubles incident... after a few more laps, i managed to settle down and clock some good laps. My fastest only being 1.5 seconds of the leaders.
I crossed the finish line in 7th position (out of 13 starters) and i walked off the drivers stand with a grin on my face from ear to ear thinking "LET"S DO THAT AGAIN!"

I've had an awsome experience with my 808 which is clearly more capable me! And i'm looking forward to the next racing holiday which i plan to be in the not too distant future.... haha I'm hooked!!!!!

Now to try some new setup's to see if i can find 1 that works for me!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

rocco- i picked up a b44 recently. we just started running them here in louisiana. A few of us are planning on making the trip to mikes after school lets out to race them.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Not trying to sound like a jerk, I have seen more than 1 of you post that you can't find the active diff anywhere, but right here a few posts back. RCXRAY is saying they have a couple. Dont make me add 400 comma's to my post! You want one? Les has one.......Ok what's the problem?

Les, I used ........... instead of comma's!
OK, you can have your commas... <under breath> but only in your forum posts</under breath>. We just have one 808 Active Diff left.

Let the eruption of commas commence.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
rocco- i picked up a b44 recently. we just started running them here in louisiana. A few of us are planning on making the trip to mikes after school lets out to race them.
Bring 'em on up here!!! Shoot me a PM, so I'm sure to race that day.

With Johnny Cool Guy's closing, I may keep this for a little bit longer...
Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Bring 'em on up here!!! Shoot me a PM, so I'm sure to race that day.

With Johnny Cool Guy's closing, I may keep this for a little bit longer...
will do.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by lowey79
Well i just got back from my first racing holiday with my 808... well, actually, it was my first racing holiday period. I raced with my brother at the Meakin Park track located 20 minutes south of Brisbane in Australia and had what i can only describe as an awesome time with a reasonable result.

We arrived at the track in the early morning and already my nerves were out of control... (It was my first meeting away from home with over twice the entries that i'm used to)
i nominated and received my loaner transponder for the day and then set about checking over the xray to make sure i had not forgotten anything.
Grid positions were posted on the boards and i was up in race 2 which kinda scared me as didn't get a chance to see how things were run (race 1 was 2wd electric)
So here i was, thrown in the deep end for my first qualifier. My brother Shaun, who was pitting for me, explained as best he could what to expect and fired my xray into life for me while i stood on the drivers stand waiting for the track to open. (Knees weak and butterflies in my stomach... the whole deal) The track is now open and warm up begins... pretty uneventful (pheww!!!) The buzzer sounds and the race begins. I circulate around the track passing the odd competitor here and there and realise that i had only been passed by 1 other driver.... (wow, i must be doing ok?) The race finishes and return to pit lane and look at the results screen to see how i faired?
@#$% I didn't register a single lap.... Grrrr, i was not happy. but out i went to marshal.... I returned to the pits to sort the transponder problem and was told that it would not pick up from inside the Battery box. So whilst waiting for the next heat i relocated it to under the body near the steering servo.
Problem solved, as in the next qualifier i was registering on the timing system. But very quickly, my next problem became evident. I'd run the warm up to the 2nd heat, started the race and just before completion of the first lap, my receiver gave out on me... I had no control what so ever... Grrr, 2 qualifiers and i had not posted a lap... My day was off to a great start!....
I ended up borrowing Shaun's receiver to finish the days racing so that saw me start the 3rd and final qualifier a little apprehensive.... The race started and i circulated round the track a little inconsistantly. But i finished the race and managed to clock the 2nd fastest lap of that race (out of 12 starters) so i was quite happy with the result.
The grid sheets were posted and i was out of 8th in the B main... Not so great, but i was optimistic... I lined up for the start of my first 20 min race with the plan of 2 stopping it just to be on the safe side... The buzzer went and i got off to a flying start into the first corner in 3rd place only to over cook the entry to the 2 corner and role over... After all the carnage, i was in last place but lapping at a reasonable pace untill i had a brain fart on the infield doubles and hit the gas on the landing instead of the brakes which launched me off the track and into a wooden barrier.
The turn marshal ran my car back to pit lane for us to find that it had broken a tie rod end screw. We raced back to the pits to find another screw, nut and the appropriate tools to fix the problem and got to work on it.
Before long i was back out on the track but 5-6 laps down. I continued to circulate around the track rather inconsistantly crashing out a few times due to the frustration i was feeling from the doubles incident... after a few more laps, i managed to settle down and clock some good laps. My fastest only being 1.5 seconds of the leaders.
I crossed the finish line in 7th position (out of 13 starters) and i walked off the drivers stand with a grin on my face from ear to ear thinking "LET"S DO THAT AGAIN!"

I've had an awsome experience with my 808 which is clearly more capable me! And i'm looking forward to the next racing holiday which i plan to be in the not too distant future.... haha I'm hooked!!!!!

Now to try some new setup's to see if i can find 1 that works for me!
Awesome job dude! you sounded like me up there. Damn I get nervous when i race!! congrates! Keep us posted on more races. I have round 2 of the AZ point series this weekend.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome job dude! you sounded like me up there. Damn I get nervous when i race!! congrates! Keep us posted on more races. I have round 2 of the AZ point series this weekend.
Not one comma. Disappointment does not begin to describe how I feel right now.

Kidding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.