New XRAY 808

Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lumpy_91
i have changed all o-ring in the shock,but don't is only one that leak,all four shock leak from the bottom(o-ring package).....there is too much space between o-ring and shaft...but also changing the o-ring the oil leak however...i don't now what to do
I would think you may have a bent shaft, or you somehow forgot one of the internal parts, shims, or seals. Start by replacing the bottom shock caps, then try the o-rings again, then try new shafts, etc. etc. until the leak stops. You either have a defective, or damaged part, or something is missing. Tear em apart, and rebuild following the manual. Buy extra parts for everything but the top caps, and the shock body, and preload spacer, and springs. If you find out you don't need them, then you will have spares for when you need a complete rebuild. I cant see your problem being very costly, or time consuming. Just have patience, and replace parts till the leak stops.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Sullivan
Anyone interested in info about set up or the track for the 09 nats Leisure Hours is my home track i race there on a weekly basis. I posted a set up sheet on Xrays fourm.
John
I will be there look forward to seeing midwest xray style
Old 11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by diamondracing
John
I will be there look forward to seeing midwest xray style
You guys are going to dominate with that 808 out there... I'll be out for the NAts next year too!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Good job at the Pro Series to all you Xray drivers!! You guys rock! That track looked very similar to the stuff we run on at Revelations. I cant wait to see the final setups after your mains.

Good job Rocco, Jason, and team!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

This is my home track as well. I'll be there showin some Xray love!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

SULLIVAN YOU NEED TO GET A CUTE ON THAT SET UP no just joking guys johns car looks very good.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Sullivan
Anyone interested in info about set up or the track for the 09 nats Leisure Hours is my home track i race there on a weekly basis. I posted a set up sheet on Xrays fourm.
could you be my pitman? lol
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sciabaras.k
SULLIVAN YOU NEED TO GET A CUTE ON THAT SET UP no just joking guys johns car looks very good.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Originally Posted by allan42r
could you be my pitman? lol
You know i am the pit man for u
Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC Huligan
We (RC XRAY) just received our 808 Active Diffs yesterday. Thanks Rocco. We have 2 in stock and are selling them for $110 each. Send me a PM or email me if you want one.

We shipped one of our XRAY 808 Active Diffs today so we have one left. Let me know if you want it. Same price.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Its funny how Xray has had these active/locking diffs out on the market for years, and now everyone from Fioroni to Losi are developing or releasing these. Who's copying who..? LOL. Anyways, it will be fun to see if we all get faster with our active or smart diffs.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

What is the advantage to the active diffs?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so, if your using an active diff,do you just replace the front one? anyone try one in a buggy?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
What is the advantage to the active diffs?

Typically the Active Diff is ran with very light oil. (500, 1K or 2K) This will give the buggy insane Off-Power steering due to the light oil. But when ON-Power is applied it locks (Really just tightens up inside) and gives the "Feel" of a much thicker diff oil like 10K (Approx) in your front diff. So this will give the buggy great ON-Power steering. It comes with a 90* plate and a 120* plate as a optional part. The 90* plate is for bumpy and dusty tracks for slower engagement and the 120 are for real high traction tracks for insensate engagement

I haven't raced mine yet, I will next Sunday(23rd). But I did test/play with it in the street in front of my house, and I was cool. Off-power it turned on a dime (Super sharp) with the 1k oil I'm stating off with. And when I was doing On-Power zig-zag's in the street, the inside wheel would not diff out (Un-load power/Balloon up) like any stock diff will. And the On-Power steering was very impressive too. The only thing I noticed is, I really had to watch the gear mesh with it. I had to really shim mine closer (.02mm x2) to get it to mesh correctly.

so, if your using an active diff,do you just replace the front one? anyone try one in a buggy?
Yes, its a complete front diff. Several Team driver have raced theirs, and have had great success. A couple swear by them now. I'm really looking forward in racing with mine. May take a few race/practice days to get the final set-up right with it...

Last edited by Steve Walters; 11-16-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nta01
The following is a release from Xray to Neo-Buggy.

Can we assume that the increase is effective immediately? What will be the new price of an 808 kit? I can only assume at least a 14% increase just to make up for this half year decline in the US$ -vs- Euro$. That would make the kit $684.00. I assume parts will also see this same increases. This takes it out of my comfort zone.

It's kind of funny how our economy works. We are in a slump (recession) and price are going higher do to the world economy (how much we import). I guess that is good for the US and maybe we can start manufacturing goods again.

XRAY Price Adjustments for US $
July 24, 2008

Dear XRAY customers,

XRAY has confirmed price increases for all of their products last week. These price changes do not impact the base Euro price structure of the product line, but it does increase the US$ export prices for all products. These changes are the result of poor economic conditions and the weak US$ to Euro exchange rate.

RC America and XRAY have made great effort to maintain the pricing of XRAY and HUDY items steady for all of 2008, even when exposed to the declining exchange rate and rising production costs. Unfortunately, since conditions have not improved as hoped, it has forced XRAY to make this change. There had been no changes to the pricing for the first half of 2008, even though the US dollar has lost close to 14% of its value relative to the Euro since the 2008 pricing was announced in January. With no immediate recovery expected, XRAY could not longer maintain our current pricing due to lost revenue and conflicts with European pricing.

We are disappointed with these changes, but we also realize that the conditions forcing this change are not in the control of RC America and XRAY. The exchange rates are causing difficulties for many European based products, in the RC industry and many others. We are both committed to continued support of our products during these difficult economic times, and we will continue to look for any approach possible to reduce costs and provide XRAY and HUDY products to our customers at the best price possible.

RC America

With the HUGE drop in the Euro vs the US Dollar, when are we going to see a 10 to 20% MAP price DROP? My guess never, but it is worth asking

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.