New XRAY 808

Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 AM
  #1996  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

For the same reason, it also doesn't matter if you win because someone else broke, ran out of fuel, etc. It's all part of racing. Sometimes it's also not the fastest driver that wins, but the most consistent, luckiest, one with the best prepared car, etc. Just like the old saying goes, "In order to finish first, first you must finish."
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 09:53 AM
  #1997  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (208)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 8,547
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
I would be the first to admit I'm nobody (Not nearly as fast as any of the National level drivers) but should that take away from you, I or anyone other Non-National driver from taking credit for high placing or a win, if Drake, Cav, Mayfield are not there racing against you? If that's the case every club race shouldn't even race an A-main because 99% of us are would not qualify for it again them at there level. LOL

When I see a youth win a novice race, or a sportsman's level driver win in a series they worked very hard to be competitive in, I'm very happy for them. I would never take there hard work and accomplishment away by thinking (OR saying) "Well sense you didn't race against a known better driver your really only 2nd best." IMO A win (and credit for that win) comes to the driver who finishes first in that race, and it doesn't matter if a known better driver wasn't there or didn't race against them.

Good point, well put. It does not matter who did not show up. Its about who did. And if they finished the race.
dodgeguy is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM
  #1998  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I agree with Steve. Its all about who races and who wins, not who doesn't show up. I never here Pro drivers get bashed for winning because Drake, or Pavidas didn't race. Oh Adam Drake only won because Mark Pavidas didn't race. That's just silly.
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 AM
  #1999  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
W.E.D.Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kissimmee,Fl.
Posts: 4,948
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Good posts guys! That is my point, all we can do for ourselves is make sure our car is prepared, get some practice for each race and hope for the best each time out.
In gas racing, the guy who wins the most races is often the guy who finishes the most. Of course, showing up is the most important factor, haha.

At an RC Pro event here a few years back at Boggy Creek, every car in the main broke, even the winner was off the track for a lap to repair a shock by swapping it out! The racer who finished 3rd ran the last 8 minutes of the 60 minute race with one shock broken.

So even though he had problems, others had more.


I guess that is why we race each event, rather then handing out trophies to the guys we think will win, lol!


...Jim
W.E.D.
W.E.D.Jim is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 12:15 PM
  #2000  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (52)
 
pablo101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 885
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I have been running the 808 for a few months now and I'm lovin it. I haven't broke a part but myself and my friend also an 808 owner had warped a couple rear arms. Have any of you noticed this?.
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-arm-1.jpg   New XRAY 808-arm-2.jpg  
pablo101 is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
  #2001  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oceanside CA
Posts: 1,075
Default

That looks pretty normal for RC car arms.I ran losi that happened in about 5-10 tanks,I ran mugen that took 4-5 gallons.All the other cars I ran did that somewhere in between but all did it.I have seen losi drivers go over 2 gallons & mugen guys do it in one.I only have little under a gallon on the 808 & only half of that under race pace & no visable bow yet.

When you say been running it for a few month now how much gas has gone through it & what kinds of tracks do you run on?
butch man is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 PM
  #2002  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (208)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 8,547
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pablo101
I have been running the 808 for a few months now and I'm lovin it. I haven't broke a part but myself and my friend also an 808 owner had warped a couple rear arms. Have any of you noticed this?.
That is normal wear. You will need to replace the arms every so often. Big jumps do that. I would rather have a bent arm then a broken one.
dodgeguy is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
  #2003  
BSC
Tech Master
iTrader: (51)
 
BSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,167
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Yeah , my arms are bent to , it happens to all of them over time . I'm giving my car a full rebuild at the moment , replacing all arms , and most of the front and rear assembly and chassis . My car has over 8 gallons on it . Still not much slop in it but it's looking a bit tired and the tracks in Australia appear a bit rougher than the one's in the US so it's had a flogging
BSC is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
  #2004  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,264
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Just looking for some thoughts here. Since the arms are not right and left like the old buggy and can be installed on either side, would there be any benefit to taking the arms and swapping them from one side to the other. It should theorectically make the stress go the opposite way and prevent them from bowing to much. I'm not saying wait untill they are severly bowed, but if it were done periodically like rotating tires on a car.

I just pulled mine and saw that they had just a tiny bit of bow to them. Very slight and I am thinking about swapping sides with them to extend their life a bit. I was looking on a-main and a full set of arms is alomost $30 plus shipping.

Any thoughts on if they would last longer or would this just create more issues.
jhautz is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
  #2005  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Steve Walters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhautz
Just looking for some thoughts here. Since the arms are not right and left like the old buggy and can be installed on either side, would there be any benefit to taking the arms and swapping them from one side to the other. It should theorectically make the stress go the opposite way and prevent them from bowing to much. I'm not saying wait untill they are severly bowed, but if it were done periodically like rotating tires on a car.

I just pulled mine and saw that they had just a tiny bit of bow to them. Very slight and I am thinking about swapping sides with them to extend their life a bit. I was looking on a-main and a full set of arms is alomost $30 plus shipping.

Any thoughts on if they would last longer or would this just create more issues.

I don't see why that wouldn't work, but like you said as long as they are not bowed badly. Make sure you bench tune it to make sure everything measures out to spec, an after a race give a report...
Steve Walters is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
  #2006  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
xlgraphicspro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,173
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

What's up guys. Like always, I like to come on here and share my experiences with every one. This is the 6th week in a row that I have finished in the top 3. Sunday was the second to last points summer series race at our track and I managed to pull off a third place finish. Not bad considering the fact that I haven't done proper maintenance on my car for the last month. I got busy and haven't had the time lately. But it still performed great.

I did manage to break my car though. Third qualifier, and I landed off our huge Quad with no issues, but the car wouldn't turn, turned out that the ball end on my left front tie rod ripped off the ball. Fixed that, but during our 30 minute main I flamed out every time I came in for a pit stop. for some reason when you open up the tank, the fuel in the fuel line leaks back into the tank. I think theirs a hole in my fuel line, but I'll know more tomarrow.

that's all I got guys, all my bearinbg are still good on top of everything else!
xlgraphicspro is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
  #2007  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Backpain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thats crazy that that rod end broke on you like that, only because it happened to the owner or our track during his main in Rc Pro series this weekend on the same side i beleive.

I managed to get 5th out of 12 in the b main but i'm happy that I made the b on my first real race ever. I just started driving RC 6-7 weeks ago and I made it to the B..lol

I did however bend both center drive shafts this weekend. I was hoping with the BCE chassis in place they wouldn't. I guess there's nothing i can't break.lol

It seemed like i broke something every other day with my hyper, only a few sets of clutch bearings and some bent cvd's with this car so far.
Backpain is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 PM
  #2008  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
That is normal wear. You will need to replace the arms every so often. Big jumps do that. I would rather have a bent arm then a broken one.


I'm not here to start anything but there is no way that is normal, the arms must be to soft, they need to work on that issue. I've had many other buggy to say that is normal.

The car is great I've never had any other car that handles like the 808 but bearing and arms is one thing they need to go back to the drawing board.

my 2 cents
arm2storm is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
  #2009  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Steve Walters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If you bent both drive shafts, you need to keep it on its wheels more, and make sure you land on them too.

I see its was your first real race (Congrats), so make sure you kept the car in one piece, because nothing is indestructible, and like the old saying goes, "In order to finish first, first you must finish."

Good luck with your next race.


Originally Posted by Backpain
Thats crazy that that rod end broke on you like that, only because it happened to the owner or our track during his main in Rc Pro series this weekend on the same side i beleive.

I managed to get 5th out of 12 in the b main but i'm happy that I made the b on my first real race ever. I just started driving RC 6-7 weeks ago and I made it to the B..lol

I did however bend both center drive shafts this weekend. I was hoping with the BCE chassis in place they wouldn't. I guess there's nothing i can't break.lol

It seemed like i broke something every other day with my hyper, only a few sets of clutch bearings and some bent cvd's with this car so far.
Steve Walters is offline  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
  #2010  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by arm2storm
I'm not here to start anything but there is no way that is normal, the arms must be to soft, they need to work on that issue. I've had many other buggy to say that is normal.

The car is great I've never had any other car that handles like the 808 but bearing and arms is one thing they need to go back to the drawing board.

my 2 cents
I have to agree with him. I have been bashing/racing my Hyper 7 for a couple of years, and the only time I needed to replace an arm was if I broke it! I had some serious crashes as my track is an ass-kicker. (Nitro Pit) Never had problems with my Hyper. Still waiting on a few last items for my 808 so I'll post pics and race reports when I'm done. I'm still pretty new to racing, but I have been track running for quite some time. I definitely did not have to replace My Hyper 7 a-arms every 6-8 gallons of fuel.
Jaz240 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.