New XRAY 808

Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 AM
  #1681  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
chad24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

will the losi shock caps on the bottom of the shocks that holds the boots in place fit on an xray 808?
thanks
chad24 is offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 AM
  #1682  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
xlgraphicspro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,173
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chad24
will the losi shock caps on the bottom of the shocks that holds the boots in place fit on an xray 808?
thanks
no, wrong size and it's standard thread VS. metric thread
xlgraphicspro is offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 AM
  #1683  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
xlgraphicspro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,173
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
I still don't understand the "play" that people talk about i had my Losi since feb and the is still very little to no slop in the front end.
I knew what the responses from eveyone were going to be when I posted about the price increase. Did you think I could come in here and talk about the band wagon you guys are riding on without anyone standing up for it.
Anyways Peace out.
I'm suprised, it's nothing new, especially for a losi after 5-6 gallons, it gets sloppy as hell. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you must of run 5-6 gallons through your car while sitting on the starter box. And I guess I've been on the bandwagon, but it started when I owned the XB8 3 years ago.

and if you already knew what other peoples responses would be, then why post at all? Anyway Peace out.
xlgraphicspro is offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
  #1684  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Who really cares about all this anyway? Does it matter that some people drive Losi, and some people drive Xray. Jesus, do you think People driving Mercedes Benz, are fighting with the people who drive BMW's. Come on people lighten up, It's really stupid. We are all RC Nitro people, and we compete against each other, and we all have the freedom to buy the vehicle we like, can we stop with all the stupid Losi rules! no Xray rules! It's really freeking childish, and I'm tired of reading it
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
  #1685  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 25
Default

In the manual it is explained how you set the rebound for the shocks.
You can either push the suspension rod (?) all the way in and let the oil drip out or you can push it in 50% or just letting it be.

I wonder what effects this has on the car.


What im guessing is that low rebound makes it better for bumpier tracks ( so you rid ON the bumps and not IN them) and faster rebound for faster smoother tracks.


But then again...im an idiot...
Hans_Andersson is offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
  #1686  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,264
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

I asked the question about the effect of rebound over on the xray forum and the response I got was that higher rebound actually acts like haveing a bit higher spring rate. Kind of for tuning the spring rates in between the rates that the different color springs offer.
jhautz is offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
  #1687  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Steve Walters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhautz
I asked the question about the effect of rebound over on the xray forum and the response I got was that higher rebound actually acts like haveing a bit higher spring rate. Kind of for tuning the spring rates in between the rates that the different color springs offer.
+1, Thats what I've been tough, and have used as a tuning guide for my shock package(s). The only problem building rebound is, it can be hard at times to get all the shocks to the exact same percentages, to keep them consistent. (Typically when thicker oil is used) I typically build mine with zero rebound if possible, makes for much more consistent tuning. Though the X-Ray 808 shocks are the easiest I found to get the exact percentages I've been looking to use when needed...
Steve Walters is offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 02:00 AM
  #1688  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
+1, Thats what I've been tough, and have used as a tuning guide for my shock package(s). The only problem building rebound is, it can be hard at times to get all the shocks to the exact same percentages, to keep them consistent. (Typically when thicker oil is used) I typically build mine with zero rebound if possible, makes for much more consistent tuning. Though the X-Ray 808 shocks are the easiest I found to get the exact percentages I've been looking to use when needed...

Exact percentages? Isnt it easiest just to measure how far you push it in? (oh god, count all the sexual inuendos).
Hans_Andersson is offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 08:24 AM
  #1689  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Djballen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5530

Here is the best tool for gaugeing rebound and matching you shocks on the market.
Djballen is offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 11:15 AM
  #1690  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Steve Walters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hans_Andersson
Exact percentages? Isnt it easiest just to measure how far you push it in? (oh god, count all the sexual inuendos).

Hans,

Measuring or using percentages achieves the same thing. I was referring to trying to get them to be exact after building in a specific rebound desired.


DJ, yeah that is a great tool for that.
Steve Walters is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 06:30 AM
  #1691  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
mandy116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I dont seem to get much life out of my clutchbell bearings, I get one saturday night club race and and then just a few tanks of practice of wed. and thats it. ive used the stock and the avids with no difference any ideas?
mandy116 is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 07:18 AM
  #1692  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
xlgraphicspro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,173
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mandy116
I dont seem to get much life out of my clutchbell bearings, I get one saturday night club race and and then just a few tanks of practice of wed. and thats it. ive used the stock and the avids with no difference any ideas?
I go about a gallon of fuel ,but my second set has lasted through my second and 3rd gallon. I blow all the grease out of the bearings, and run them dry. I also make sure there is a little play in the clutch bell so it slides back and fourth just a slight bit.
xlgraphicspro is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 AM
  #1693  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mandy116
I dont seem to get much life out of my clutchbell bearings, I get one saturday night club race and and then just a few tanks of practice of wed. and thats it. ive used the stock and the avids with no difference any ideas?
Your doing something wrong!! I have 15 gallons on my stock bearings...... Just kidding, I have the same problem. I am going to try running the clutch bell looser than usual to see if that helps.
infanterene is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
  #1694  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (208)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 8,547
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

I have a gallon and a half thru the stock set of clutch bearings. You may want to check your clutch bell clearence.
dodgeguy is offline  
Old 08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
  #1695  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
CJ RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

whats the stock springs and bars ?
CJ RC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.