New XRAY 808

Old 07-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok, since were posting pics of our finishes. I got second with my 808 at our benefit race today. one of our local 808 drivers Travis hatcher got 1st.
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-272469.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The following is a release from Xray to Neo-Buggy.

Can we assume that the increase is effective immediately? What will be the new price of an 808 kit? I can only assume at least a 14% increase just to make up for this half year decline in the US$ -vs- Euro$. That would make the kit $684.00. I assume parts will also see this same increases. This takes it out of my comfort zone.

It's kind of funny how our economy works. We are in a slump (recession) and price are going higher do to the world economy (how much we import). I guess that is good for the US and maybe we can start manufacturing goods again.

XRAY Price Adjustments for US $
July 24, 2008

Dear XRAY customers,

XRAY has confirmed price increases for all of their products last week. These price changes do not impact the base Euro price structure of the product line, but it does increase the US$ export prices for all products. These changes are the result of poor economic conditions and the weak US$ to Euro exchange rate.

RC America and XRAY have made great effort to maintain the pricing of XRAY and HUDY items steady for all of 2008, even when exposed to the declining exchange rate and rising production costs. Unfortunately, since conditions have not improved as hoped, it has forced XRAY to make this change. There had been no changes to the pricing for the first half of 2008, even though the US dollar has lost close to 14% of its value relative to the Euro since the 2008 pricing was announced in January. With no immediate recovery expected, XRAY could not longer maintain our current pricing due to lost revenue and conflicts with European pricing.

We are disappointed with these changes, but we also realize that the conditions forcing this change are not in the control of RC America and XRAY. The exchange rates are causing difficulties for many European based products, in the RC industry and many others. We are both committed to continued support of our products during these difficult economic times, and we will continue to look for any approach possible to reduce costs and provide XRAY and HUDY products to our customers at the best price possible.

RC America
Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Price is going up 5% and is going to be $630.00 now (New Average) due to inflation. Just the times we live in now..... From what I heard this will be on Kit's only. Parts will be the same. (For now)
Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Last edited by rmargiotta; 07-28-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Ok, since were posting pics of our finishes. I got second with my 808 at our benefit race today. one of our local 808 drivers Travis hatcher got 1st.
Nice..! Good job on the 2nd place!

Pricing....
This price thing will defiantly kill sales a bit, mostly because you can get a Losi for $429.99 in the US. Thats a savings enough to pick up a descent radio or motor for the same price! Ouch, the economy strikes again...!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, if I was still in the market for a buggy, the Xray would still be at the top of my list even at $630. I'd be willing to pay up to $650 for it, any more and thats a good bit of spares to be throwing at the 8ight to fix the slop over half a season.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry to post this here but i have brand new ARTR Xray 808 for sale. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234416

I will have the spare parts i have in another thread.

Thanks
Jerry
Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default My thoughts after 2 gallons

I've been running the 808 now since late June and I'm fully impressed with the car. It's durable, stable, jumps awesome and easy to work on. I on my 3rd set or clutch bell bearings that's it. I had figured a way to build the shock to pretty exact rebound just by using the spring perch to set the rebound 2 for 11.5mm and 3 for 21mm which is like 33% and 69% but your never guessing about it, quick simple and easy! I have had great luck using the Losi shock boots also, I have mentioned this before in previous post when your installing them you just need to besure the boot is not pulled taunt after the spring perch is installed. If you wanna go faster buy a 808! This is my two cents.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rregl0612
caster is or will be available through optional blocks that may be already available.... roll center is changable at the tower. but no lenghth adjustments..

You can try to loosen the rear diff oil.. or tighten up the front... dont go too much without testing... these things should help...
could try laying down the shock in the front one more hole.. this transfers wieght to wheels quicker..

But overall Have you tried Rocco's setup? I really like it alot better than the box.. box was good but Rocco's was just that much better.
That's what it has on it now, Will need to try the diffs and maybe the shocks .Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

The diff and shock package, TOTALLY make the car...

I didn't think it would make a big difference when I was first tinkering with it, and the shocks make a night and day difference. Follow the setup to the 'T', even the 5-hole rear shocks, then hit the track!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rocco,

It is my car that mremtr is refering to.

the car has more initial turn-in than it does exit steering...the only thing i have different on my car than your "starting" setup is a longer rear link (using middle hole on rear hub). Could this be the reason? It certainly feels as though the rear is more planted than it "should" be.

Also, what is the scoop on the shock boots? Is this really in the works at Xray? Seeing some pics from the pre-worlds, it appears that some of the xray guys have boots on their shocks...though i could be wrong.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

yes ..

French driver is running his 808
with new bottom caps with a groove in them
for a while now, with jammin boots

and longer rear links make the rear more stable
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
Rocco,

It is my car that mremtr is refering to.

the car has more initial turn-in than it does exit steering...the only thing i have different on my car than your "starting" setup is a longer rear link (using middle hole on rear hub). Could this be the reason? It certainly feels as though the rear is more planted than it "should" be.

Also, what is the scoop on the shock boots? Is this really in the works at Xray? Seeing some pics from the pre-worlds, it appears that some of the xray guys have boots on their shocks...though i could be wrong.

The long rear link does slow down the reaction of the rear end to input making it feel more planted. I personally don't like this, but to each his own...

Shock boots, along with mud guards, have been in the works since the car was brought out. I know some of the guys; Kinwald, Branham and Wheeler, cut their shock caps to make a grove for shock boots to key into them.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

Rocco,do you know when the 12 and 14 castor blocks will be out? Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hell o I just ordered a kit and was wondering what should I get as far as paarts/ortions such as beakables and options like springs?

Thnaks Bryan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.