Wiki Posts
Search

Will it still run?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default Will it still run?

I have had my cen matrix buggy since christmas, but havent gotten to drive it since its so cold out. I got a tank in here and there over the last month but it wasnt until yesterday that it actually got warm enough outside to actually go out there and run the car for more than 5 minutes with out freezing.
I get the car on the starter box because Im ripping the skin off my fingers trying to get it to crank and it fires up and is puttering up and down the street, its got a god aweful amount of smoke comming out and its sitting at about 249 or so degrees when the motor stalls. I figure no biggie just loaded up. Try to stick it on the starter box and it wont turn over. I try to pull start it and same deal wont spin over. So I bring it inside pissed now because I figure its locked up and its shot. Sure enough there is a chunk of the piston now lodged in the crank shaft where it meets with the bottom of the sleeve blocking it from moving. Now mind you the car is only 1 month old and has about 4 tanks of fuel through it if even that, does anyone think the engine will still run or will cen warranty it out? I have included some pictures of it too if anyone cares to see. There was a ton of oil in the crank case too as can be seen in the pictures. The needles were at the stock settings because the car would not for the life of it stay running.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it could of had a defect some where along the line if you were running stock settings cause those rtr motors are actully pretty strong

no you can not run it like that it will never run good or may never run like that

try and give cen a call and see what they say

just keep in mind the car and the motor are 2 different things so if your motors diving you trouble doesnt mean your CAR is bad
Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

So as it turns out cen is going to waranty it, not only that they are upgrading it to the .28 engine! NICE!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

whats all this shenanigans about you not driving it in the cold?

i got a .28 lrp near christmas, and the only time ive ever driven it is when the temp is -20C outside... ive ran about 8 tanks through it in rediculously cold weather and mine seems to be working fine. why dont you run yours in the cold?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Sounds to me like you were WAY over rich. That can cause high temps to!