R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   which motor? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/203776-motor.html)

chad25 01-31-2008 02:50 PM

which motor?

hey guys i was browsing for new motor to start out in th spring with and i was woundering wat motor runs best in an 8ight? i was debating between a Novarossi Plus 21-5KT Off-Road 5 port, or a MR Ninja MR21 B01A 5 port Off-Road? and what pipe runs best on each motor?

thanks guys for everything!

chad terp

Robert.Hull 01-31-2008 02:57 PM

OS V-spec with jp-3 pipe;)

rezenclowd3 01-31-2008 02:58 PM

Both are great engines, for the Ninja BO1A an MSR 1005 pipe Nova 053, or Ninja 2035 pipe would be recommended. I do not know what the Novarossi engine likes...

Personally, I recommend the C6BB7T, but currently use the standard C6BB in my 8ight, and its IMO quite easy to drive.

Either way, the engines you choose in this price range will not let you down, nor cause you to lose a race, just your driving and maintenance abilities will.

Mugen MBX-5 01-31-2008 03:16 PM

rezenclowd = resin cloud ;)

yes?
no?

rezenclowd3 01-31-2008 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 (Post 4136393)
rezenclowd = resin cloud ;)

yes?
no?

Originally yes.... I actually took the name Rezen from my cousin who was a decent computer hacker and hard drug user. I was 14 or so when I took the screen name 11 years ago. I had no clue what it was or what my cousin was up to, but I knew that I had a blast hanging out with him. Clowd 3 comes from the cloud 9 saying and I like the math of how a square root is calulated, so it became clowd 3 (clowd being misspelled as its the "hacker way" Since then my cousin has died due to his drug abuse, but everyone I know has known me as rezenclowd3 since the day I took it...so I will not change it. More than you wanted to know, but as far as your question is concerned, the answer is yes. As far as my life is concerned, I have never, nor will I in the future use any illegal substance.

When people meet me at the tracks, when they only knew me in the forums, they look confused or laugh. I guess the screen name doesn't match the face they have pictured, smiling from ear to ear happy to meet anyone and help out wherever I go.

Mugen MBX-5 01-31-2008 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 (Post 4136488)
Originally yes.... I actually took the name Rezen from my cousin who was a decent computer hacker and hard drug user. I was 14 or so when I took the screen name 11 years ago. I had no clue what it was or what my cousin was up to, but I knew that I had a blast hanging out with him. Clowd 3 comes from the cloud 9 saying and I like the math of how a square root is calulated, so it became clowd 3 (clowd being misspelled as its the "hacker way" Since then my cousin has died due to his drug abuse, but everyone I know has known me as rezenclowd3 since the day I took it...so I will not change it. More than you wanted to know, but as far as your question is concerned, the answer is yes. As far as my life is concerned, I have never, nor will I in the future use any illegal substance.

When people meet me at the tracks, when they only knew me in the forums, they look confused or laugh. I guess the screen name doesn't match the face they have pictured, smiling from ear to ear happy to meet anyone and help out wherever I go.

lol, i figured that since day 1.

cool story.

chad25 02-01-2008 05:06 AM

nice story , just a little confusing lol

tex1 02-01-2008 05:17 AM

Chad,
Both of those engines will like the 053 type pipes. Might try a JP-3 or 4 as well. My favorite with the Nova is the RB 2045 pipe w/ the 192mm header.

Are you going to be running on a small or big track?

Keep in mind the Ninja motors are changing vendors. Originally they were Mario Rossi/GRP based designs. They run real good and should last.
Now they are going to OS based designs. The pipe might need to be different for the two Ninja motors.

1+ on the RB C6BB T7 motor.

All in all, the Losi really does not need a lot of motor if you are smooth.
You can get away with much more cost effective engines.
TEX

chad25 02-01-2008 07:44 AM

thanks tex1 for all the help

pitdog 02-01-2008 03:15 PM

i found the nova 2015 on a long header a good match for my nova plus21 7bt very nice mid to top end(the plus21 5kt is a 5port with the 7port sleeve)very similar motors

Nik 02-02-2008 09:56 PM

I had A Novarossi 21-5k and a jp3 in my eight, and it was very fast if it ran right. It seemed to be very finicky and did not seem to hold a tune very well. Novarossi's also do not seem to run very well at all in the cold.

Now I run a v-spec and absolutely love it. Much easier to tune, holds a tune better, and runs very consistent with more then enough power throught the range for a buggy. If you are not an expert in engines and just a club racer I would go this route.

youngie 02-02-2008 11:30 PM

hi
i recently bought a RB WS73
the motor has a awesome low to mid and really comes to life a top end and is really good on the gas millage

lethalleigh29 02-03-2008 04:18 PM

Has anyone tried ou the Werks B7Pro yet i have had one for a month and im keen to see if anyone are having any problems so i know what to look out for