R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Buggy A-Main T4BB San Antonio -- Video (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/203425-buggy-main-t4bb-san-antonio-video.html)

griz11 01-29-2008 12:25 PM

Buggy A-Main T4BB San Antonio -- Video

Managed to get in two races last weekend. An onroad event and the mains at T4BB off-road track. This is the buggy A-Main. I was kinda tired from shooting the other race. I just stopped by to bs with the guys at the shop and found out they had gotten started late so they hadn't run the mains yet. Not being one to miss an opportunity to get more footage I unloaded my stuff and shot the mains. This is the second video I've edited with Sony Vegas. Its starting to flow pretty well. The first one was a pain but this one went fairly smoothly. I think I'm going to like Vegas a lot once I get used to it. I wish Liquid wasn't going away but at least I found another editor thats equal too or maybe a little better for a price I can afford.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/T4BB-Buggy-126.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...-Buggy-126.wmv

Saturday was a month since I had the surgery on my heart. I went to the doc today for a follow up and everything is looking great. I can drive again :) Now I can get out every weekend and get more footage.

Griz

petevette 01-29-2008 08:03 PM

Hi quality work as usual Griz. Great news that you can drive and spend more time at the track. Did you post the on-road anywhere? I would like to see any onroad work you may have.

Thanks for the treat.

superlapS15 01-30-2008 02:18 AM

Great video Griz!

Good to hear that the recovery is going well.

griz11 01-30-2008 03:20 AM

Its in the on-road section

The race from hobbytown in Sa is in the on-road section. Went to the Dr today and everything is as it should be. I'm off restrictions now and can get back to doing my thing without worrying about hurting myself.

Griz

petevette 01-30-2008 11:59 AM

That is great news Griz. Just to stay on the safe side, don't over exert yourself and stay safe. Don't want anything to happen to the guy who feeds us these great videos. :D

griz11 01-30-2008 05:50 PM

I've been good :)

I have slacked way off what I usually do after having surgery. I started out overdoing it but soon learned to back off. I found out a day of rest is as good for you as a day of exercise sometimes. I'm not planning on ramping up for another month yet. March is when all the 1:1 oval racing and such gets going here and that is what I'm shooting for datewise to be fully ready to go. I have so much stuff I've been putting off before I had the surgery I need to do as well. It will take most of Feb to get all that stuff caught up. For once in my life I'm not in a hurry :)

Griz

DPowers 01-30-2008 06:06 PM

i really like the vid they were wasnt to many cars but it was some good racing. and it was good quality.

TMizzle 01-30-2008 06:45 PM

great vid. looked like some good racing... which car won??? The losi, kyosho or RC8??

griz11 01-31-2008 07:18 AM

Not sure

I'm not sure who won. Then again I usually don't know who won until I ask someone. Sometimes I can figure out which car is in the lead from the announcer but usually I loose track. I only know a few of the cars and drivers. Then they go and change shells on me and mess that all up.

Yea it was a local race and there was a big enduro in Austin so there were a lot of people that went to that. I just stopped by to bs with the guys at the shop after filming the on-road race at HobbyTown nearby. Found out they were running late so I grabbed my camera and just made it to the stand when they started up the mains. I'm kinda rusty. I was overshooting the on-road cars and I noticed a lot of camera shake that isn't usually there. Oh well thats the first day I've tried to film all day since the surgery. I was tired when I got there after filming the other race so I guess its more me being tired than anything else. I was kinda worried about it because a lot of times you will loose some mental or reflex quickness when you have open heart surgery. I keep forgetting my passwords on the computer but other than that I'm ok I think. Doesn't seem to have affected my ability to video races. I'm on more painkiller right now that might be causing the memory lapses. I'm close to being able to get off that so we'll see I might be fine after that.

Griz

Vigilante212 01-31-2008 03:31 PM

whats the name of the song you used on there Its been stuck in my head all day lol.

BigRed 02-02-2008 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by TMizzle (Post 4133782)
great vid. looked like some good racing... which car won??? The losi, kyosho or RC8??

Kyosho :)

Nice vid. I'm really itch'n for spring to come. I need to burn some nitro!

griz11 02-06-2008 01:10 PM

Back from the desert

My wife and I headed down to the Big Bend area for a few days of desert solitude. Its been 15 or so years since I've been down there. Not much has changed. Did a little exploring with the video and still cameras. A couple of canyons and some other areas. Terlingua ghost town and the area around that. It actually snowed on us on the way back. Freaky for that far in south Tx. Especially since it was 87 the day before when I was checking out boquillias canyon. The song is wild wild west by Escape club an old 80's tune. Yea a couple of more weeks and some of the big races will start happening around here. Hoping to get my bike sold and a new camera bought by then.

Griz