witch one is the fastest around Buggy or Truggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

witch one is the fastest around Buggy or Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

a truggy may be slightly faster round a track (although i have my doubts) but buggies are more durable due to lower weight, shorter arms and less weight at the end of the arms. also buggy clutches last much longer and the clutch bearings last much longer as well. engines last longer in buggies as well...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think they are about equal but does come down to the track. Where I race truggies are about 2-3 seconds a lap faster. Our track is pretty bumpy and driving a buggy can be a hand full. Fast time with buggies at our track are 40 seconds a lap and average is about 41-42 seconds a lap. Truggy's are fast laps are about 38 seconds a lap and average is about 39-40. At our track if you can keep up to truggy's with a buggy you are moving really good. With my buggy on the high speed corner it gets a little lose where my truggy is just soaks it up.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

I think buggys are faster but truggys have alot more power. On the track I race at I race at I never get past half throttle and Im getting 30 sec lap times
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

All the tracks I've been to are too small for a truggy. They really suffer in the tighter sections that a smaller buggy can go through straighter. And when the tracks dusty, the extra weight of the truggy handicaps them further. And the tracks I've been t really aren't that bumpy.

So far from what I've seen, the buggies have been faster on medium to small tracks.

Seems like most of the faster racers I meet concentrate more on buggy, as if truggy was nothing more than a stepping stone to the buggy class.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Prophet

the track i was at is small and tight turns the 1/8 buggy will litelly go right around a truggy in them kind of turns as for the strightaways they run with the buggys in top end wise,yea i know that fast guys run buggy i run 1/8 buggy but i drove a truggy and love them cause u can drive them hard and fast
Old 08-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I generally see buggies throwing down betters times when a good driver races both classes.