Wiki Posts
Search

fiorini clutch assembly

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default fiorini clutch assembly

Hi. I just purchased the fiorini black carbon turbo twin 07 sliding clutch system and was wondering where the brass washer goes. It never came with instructions. Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juzza99
Hi. I just purchased the fiorini black carbon turbo twin 07 sliding clutch system and was wondering where the brass washer goes. It never came with instructions. Thanks in advance
brass imo dosent belong where they expect u to put it anyways.....Id get a set of Kyosho shims with the Big shim...and also get some 5X7's to properly shim the inside bearing off the washer...and ull be good to go....If u have any issues with the clutch search...ull find some issues and some solutions...like the original 2 shoes design...seems to be a little better imo...especially if ur runnin a rank .28

oo and the washer is meant to go ontop of the shoes...but as u can see that little lip.....that needs to be compensated for with the kyosho steel washer remember.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks alot integra. I thought id try one of these clutch systems as i am getting sick of replacing the clutch shoes,springs on my losi 8ight.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

I found out I could get 3 gallons out
of the 2 shoe clutch without
in theory changing bearings or anything ....

just open up the clutch after 1-2 tanks to clean
out any grease coming out of the bearings
or it could be starting to slip
and you are gone again for 2 gallons....

brass shimm comes between adapter and first bearing
to shield and should be replaced every 2 gallons

Last edited by speedy2; 01-27-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2
I found out I could get 3 gallons out of that clutch
in theory
without checking or changing bearings or anything ....

just open up the clutch after 1-2 tanks to clean
out any grease coming out of the bearings
or it could be starting to slip
and you are gone again for 2 gallons....

brass shimm comes between adapter and first bearing
to shield and should be replaced every 2 gallons

the 2007 TT set-up isnt imo the best set-up...the older 2 shoe design is Significantly better...the 4 shoe tends to heat up the springs...Loose bottom end snap..and make u think its the motor...when in relaity its just the clutch saggin out...I never did like the feel of carbons...so it felt too slippery to me....I personally use the 8 clutch with Great suscess....Dyna shoes and All silver springs......i run my clutch for a Maximum of 1 Race weekend...then the bearings get changed and the bell gets cleaned up...i dont know how guys are burning down there clutch's....its 1 of the best set-ups out there...with M2C right there with em......a clutch will NEVER last a solid 3 gallons with Zero maintnance....wear items like this just need to be checked over Way more then most guys think.....and ALSO....clutch wear gets ALOT worse as ur driving improves....Trust me I kno....i maintain 3 guy's trucks and ther all at different skill levels and with mostly the same gearing/clutching they seem to make the shoes last a weee longer then i can....but thats cuz im on the throrrle 90% more then they are...chk my vids...ull see what im talkin about.