Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
upgrades for ravengers >

upgrades for ravengers

upgrades for ravengers

Old 01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default upgrades for ravengers

I just bought a ravenger and iam looking for any help on up grades. I also heard if you adjust the shocks right you can do wheelies with this buggy!!!???
Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ravager upgrades:

1) A big box to put it in.

2) A new buggy of a different type.

3) A new motor of a different type.

4) A new radio of a different type.

5) New servos of a different type.

That buggy is just about the worst choice you could make. Sorry, just being honest. That was my first buggy too. Loose, unstable, hard to drive, crappy electronics, crappy servos, crappy motor, cheaply made parts.

That isn't to say that all OFNA buggies are bad... just that one!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

on the other hand, the ravager is an excellent buggy, with an excellent motor, just ask Richardsonracin, hes the Oklahoma state champ with one and won the Amain Hobbies dirt oval classic with one, with a stock motor and servos.
Not sure about the wheelies though, not really made for that. I would just drive it and learn how to set up a car and how to drive.
My personal opinion is the servos could stand to be replaced but do that as your budget allows, it would be the first upgrade I made though.
Ofna buggies are great, as you move up into an advanced class a different brand would prob be a better road but I'll put mine up against anything out there
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I think ofna buggies are some of the most durable buggies made. The stock servos aren't good on most rtr buggies anyway. The engine isn't bad but it isn't legal for organized racing. If you are racing go to your local track and see what tires they run there, most rtr buggies need better tires to race too.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IMO Ofna Stock buggy's....like were talkin OFNA....NOT Jammin....NOT Hoboa.....OFNA themselve's.....with the OFNA LX and 9.5 Violator and the MBX Comp series buggy's are JUUUUUUUNK.....like DOMIT said....there cheep and parts are Junk....the second u try and race the thing its gonna Fall apart...the stock cast knuckles are Junk and imo its not even worth putting cash into......save urself the hassle and get a Pro level truck that u KNOW will make it to the end of the day.

U wnna do wheelies....LOCK that center diff up with some 500K locker fluid...that should wheelie but will be almost uncontrolable
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

if you want a second ravenger that has some upgrades i have one here i could let go for a good price,, comes with 2 engines (.26) and a few sets of tires/wheels.. its in a box mostly assembled
Old 01-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Another thing you need to do to ofna's is put loctite on all the screws.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by looper
if you want a second ravenger that has some upgrades i have one here i could let go for a good price,, comes with 2 engines (.26) and a few sets of tires/wheels.. its in a box mostly assembled
I'm pretty sure he's referring to my old Ravager. It has CNC C-hubs and knuckles, and Hyper-7 purple springs. The parts are worthwhile if you plan to keep the Ravager, and you'll probably have a use for the spare parts. It isn't in bad shape, considering...

But upgrading a Ravager is like polishing a turd.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by looper
I'm pretty sure he's referring to my old Ravager. It has CNC C-hubs and knuckles, and Hyper-7 purple springs. The parts are worthwhile if you plan to keep the Ravager, and you'll probably have a use for the spare parts. It isn't in bad shape, considering...

But upgrading a Ravager is like polishing a turd. It is what it is.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
IMO Ofna Stock buggy's....like were talkin OFNA....NOT Jammin....NOT Hoboa.....OFNA themselve's.....with the OFNA LX and 9.5 Violator and the MBX Comp series buggy's are JUUUUUUUNK.....like DOMIT said....there cheep and parts are Junk....the second u try and race the thing its gonna Fall apart...the stock cast knuckles are Junk and imo its not even worth putting cash into......save urself the hassle and get a Pro level truck that u KNOW will make it to the end of the day.

U wnna do wheelies....LOCK that center diff up with some 500K locker fluid...that should wheelie but will be almost uncontrolable
Hobao is the real company's name. it was changed to OFNA to make it more acceptable in the US where things from china are regarded with suspicion. it still hobao in the UK, and most of europe.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT

But upgrading a Ravager is like polishing a turd.
yeah thats the one.. i tried but i just couldnt bring myself to run it.. i went through the stuff in there and was like a deer in the headlights i didnt know one part from the others.. would you believe i recieved a crt.5 what 5 months ago? and still havnt run a drop of fuel through it.

That thing i told you about this happening now and what i mentioned about proceeds still goes,, i may be alot of things but i stick with my word.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Talking

IMHO the 9.5 Pro is still a solid RC for starting out. It's stance and weight make it ideal for a bumpy track. I have owned numerous 9.5 Pro's and there's nothing wrong with them for starting out. They're inexpensive and can take a beating. It's the driver...not the buggy...that wins races.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201395
Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

That is a very nice buggy you have for the price.
I agree "It's the driver...not the buggy...that wins races."
You can spend tons of money on a buggy and hopups and still get beat by a buggy that costs half as much as yours. Practice makes perfect.