Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi 367 plus 2 engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Id have a good read of this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191648 the things a heap..... or listen to the Ozzy Novarrosi Importer and its the best engine in the world
That entire article boiled down to what I & others said earlier. He didn't change the bearings at 2 gallons or didn't know when they are going bad (noisy engine). He let the rear bearing fall apart and then changed them. From then on, it would flameout. Sent it to Novarossi just to find out that he ruined the p/s set by letting the bearing fall apart. This will happen to any nitro engine, not just the 367.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
That entire article boiled down to what I & others said earlier. He didn't change the bearings at 2 gallons or didn't know when they are going bad (noisy engine). He let the rear bearing fall apart and then changed them. From then on, it would flameout. Sent it to Novarossi just to find out that he ruined the p/s set by letting the bearing fall apart. This will happen to any nitro engine, not just the 367.
smart man keep it up its good to see someone who realises that maintenance is important.I wish the Aussies had a bit more sense to do maintenance like the Americans do .
Old 01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Stocked the best engine in the world but u gotta change the bearings every 2L
Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Stocked the best engine in the world but u gotta change the bearings every 2L
Run the larger ball Boca bearings or even use TKO.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If your changing bearings every 2 liters YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!! For those US folks that is only 67 ounces of fuel or .52 gallons !
You either have the bearings in wrong or your injesting so much dirt your killing them and everything else ?
Are you sure it was 2 liters or did you mean to say 20 liters ,as 20 makes more sense .
Old 01-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How can you guys say the 367 is the greatest engine in the world ?....According to this engines dyno its power output is seriously sup par to the industry standard.... a V-Specs powerband towers over the 367 from idle to top end................... So I know the 367's power isn't the greatest so what does this motor do to be so miraculous ????? Honestly even a $200.00 Go .21 makes more power/torque and RPM over the 367........ So the 367 must have something going for it, what is it ??? don't try to tell me power, as it definitely doesnt have much power...

Old 01-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

VS V-Spec...

Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

I am not trying to knock this engine, I am just trying to understand this fascination with these engines..... Based off hype we bought a Nova 21-7 lasdt season and were extremely disapointed by its performance next to a few other quality .21's... On both the dyno and on the ground the 21-7 is seriously a weak motor.... And considering the high cost and all the internet hype I was seriously expecting the motor to have some balls......But honestly a Jammin JPX 21 makes my 21-7 look silly as far as torque ,power and RPM are concerned..there seriously is no competition.

Anyways I am just a guy trying to understand what all the hype is about... bought Nova 21-7 and its truly a dud next to the other .21's on the market..and according to the dyno the 367 is the same thing....Do not even attempt to run these engines in a Truggy as they are way too underpowered..
Old 01-20-2008, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Maximo
I am not trying to knock this engine, I am just trying to understand this fascination with these engines..... Based off hype we bought a Nova 21-7 lasdt season and were extremely disapointed by its performance next to a few other quality .21's... On both the dyno and on the ground the 21-7 is seriously a weak motor.... And considering the high cost and all the internet hype I was seriously expecting the motor to have some balls......But honestly a Jammin JPX 21 makes my 21-7 look silly as far as torque ,power and RPM are concerned..there seriously is no competition.

Anyways I am just a guy trying to understand what all the hype is about... bought Nova 21-7 and its truly a dud next to the other .21's on the market..and according to the dyno the 367 is the same thing....Do not even attempt to run these engines in a Truggy as they are way too underpowered..

+1

not having a pop just curious as to whats so good i run a nova 421b and thought it was immense but the 21-5 i didnt think was to great
Old 01-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Megacrash
+1

not having a pop just curious as to whats so good i run a nova 421b and thought it was immense but the 21-5 i didnt think was to great

421 is one of the most powerful .21's when tested on the dyno.... huge difference in output from the 21-7 and 367.... the 421 is a total beast
Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo

For what its worth, I stopped looking at those dyno charts. Its good for powerband checking and tuning the engine you have on it, but with weather, humidity, barometric pressure, fuel etc., you wil never get the exact side by side results for actual power output. They don't come out the same. I havn't yet seen anything impressive on the V-Specs either at my local track. No one is out running anyone all around. I can say, and others have seen it at my local track, that the 367 we tuned walked around guys on a straights. It literally picked the front of the RC8 off the ground midstream down track, so we had to back it down. OS speed was goods right off the corners, but is actually neck to neck with our P5X now. It all seems like each engine beats one in one area and loses it some where else. I can honestly say though, they're a lot of guys at tracks who can't tune for sh*t!! If your one of the guys, don't get a 367.
Also, Maxy modified one at my local track. Seemed to have good bottom end punch. I will see how it turns out. The guy I believe broke his car, so we didn't get to see it run fully. I might drop mine off to Maxy and see how it turns out.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-20-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Last edited by houston; 01-21-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
dont tell anybody but its an onroad engine
Don't matter to me, we've run the Top 321P in offroad and it was fine. Serious topend!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

I can not comment on the Dyno figures, but can only comment on what i have personally seen and experienced with the 367.

Going by your charts, most engines SHOULD be able to eat a 367 on the track, but my own personal experience is the total polar opposite. My 367 will keep up with anything on the infield and main straights.

Racing against Ninja's, V-specs, O.S Speeds, Sirio's, Werks, RB's and Cobra's i have had the same amount of power. By that i mean they do not visually catch or pull away from me on any part of the track. In some cases i catch them slightly (now this could be due to the fact i am a late breaker and have the car set perfectly so i can plant it harder and dive harder in a corner that most)

This is just my own personal experiance using the 367, and seeing about 5 others using it too
Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ezveedub
For what its worth, I stopped looking at those dyno charts. Its good for powerband checking and tuning the engine you have on it, but with weather, humidity, barometric pressure, fuel etc., you wil never get the exact side by side results for actual power output. They don't come out the same. I havn't yet seen anything impressive on the V-Specs either at my local track. No one is out running anyone all around. I can say, and others have seen it at my local track, that the 367 we tuned walked around guys on a straights. It literally picked the front of the RC8 off the ground midstream down track, so we had to back it down. OS speed was goods right off the corners, but is actually neck to neck with our P5X now. It all seems like each engine beats one in one area and loses it some where else. I can honestly say though, they're a lot of guys at tracks who can't tune for sh*t!! If your one of the guys, don't get a 367.
Also, Maxy modified one at my local track. Seemed to have good bottom end punch. I will see how it turns out. The guy I believe broke his car, so we didn't get to see it run fully. I might drop mine off to Maxy and see how it turns out.

The dyno doesnt lie..the 367 makes less power then other .21's...just like the 421 makes more power then other .21's..... ask anyone who owns both a 367 and a 421 which one makes more power ! I was told the same thing about the 21-7 we bought, that the dyno meant nothing..... But we went and bought a 21-7 and its dyno figures were dead on the money... the Nova 21-7 is signifigantly weaker then the Picco P7 EVO2, and you can feel it when you drive the two motors back to back... IMHO the 21-7 is way way overated and a total waste of money for the performance it delivers in Truggy applications .We were assured the low dyno results meant nothing before we dropped $400.00 on the 21-7... and guess what ??? we were lied to, the dyno results told the story clear as day...... It dynoes low, and its easily outpowered by motors that that dyno higher... So unless the 367 has some magic I am going to bet a Picco P7R eats up the 367 just as easily as it eats up the 21-7.....Anyways I will buy a bloody 367 and it better live up to the hype you guys are creating around it...as i'll tell you right now the Nova 21-7 truly is nowhere near the top of the class of .21's as far as power and torque are concerned...its a bloody dud with output similar to a mid level sport .21.. Now also I will say I do not run on conventional hardpacked tracks, all our tracks are pretty much loose soil and dirt, so it really requires a motor with some balls...and if a motor is down on power its quickly exposed in our conditions.....So far the 21-7 is not able to hang with the torquer Picco,OS and Ninja engines..

I also having more power doesnt always relate to being faster on the ground, as there are too many factors involved in ground speed, especially on slippery hard packed tracks most people run on, where big HP likely hurts more then it helps ...I am going to be learning to drive buggy this year, so I actually need a milder engine to learn with, the 367 sure seems like an ideal candidate to me....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.