Search

Kyosho DBX/DST Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

My B44 and XXX-CR
Old 02-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Default 1/10th takes on the 1/8th scales.

Just got a DST, Just finished the first break in tank. Out of the box. and in goes the fuel. a few pulls to prime it. Connect the ignighter and 2 pulls on the cord get's it running at fast idle plenty rich. Idled the whole tank with no problems. Now I can put some batteries in it. =).

My plan is to race it indoor on a tight clay layout against the 1/8th scales.

More report coming.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Just got a DST, Just finished the first break in tank. Out of the box. and in goes the fuel. a few pulls to prime it. Connect the ignighter and 2 pulls on the cord get's it running at fast idle plenty rich. Idled the whole tank with no problems. Now I can put some batteries in it. =).

My plan is to race it indoor on a tight clay layout against the 1/8th scales.

More report coming.
That is good news for me, I am getting ready to break in my DBX this weekend and I want to get it done in a few hours. I am waiting for my Panther slicks to mount up and I will be headed to Bumps and Jumps RC in Etters PA to get on the indoor clay track. It is gonna be fun! I can wait to see the power this motor has in this little buggy. Should be fun!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Initiate

This weekend is the big oval race at Bumps and Jumps. I'll be working down there all weekend. Next weekend is offroad again
Old 02-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

I forgot about the FREEZE! Thats ok, I'll get it broken in this weekend and do some tuning and run it aroung the parking lot a bit. See what I can get out of this motor?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Ok 3 tanks of idle. and some mid level running on my home track. The DST is very very stable. My home track is all blown out from the winter. Full of Elk tracks and the like. the truck landed everything well and if it got a little off as soon as one wheel hit the ground it righted itself quickly. Still running really rich on the tune so didn't have outstanding power yet. But it had enough power to throw some roost. From the box stock set up I would say it needs a bit more power transfered to the front. But that is just a bit of tuning on the diff's.
More running to come.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for that update on your DST. I have some pictures I have taken of the sway bars that I made for my DBX. I used a sway bar kit from a Kyosho ST-RR. They are available on EBAY from seller "DollarHobbies" and a couple of other sellers as well. Just search Kyosho ST-R and they will come up. Here are the pics.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...d/IMG_2098.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...d/IMG_2097.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...d/IMG_2099.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...d/IMG_2100.jpg

I have to check the size piano wire I used. I will update that later.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Pass to the front!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Break-In >>First Tank

I started The Break-In, and because it is about 40 degress here, I had a little problem getting it to keep idling. It couldnt build up enough heat to keep the plug hot. So I leaned the top end needle out about a turn. I had it at 3-1/2 turns as per the instructions. So I put it back to 2-1/2 turns so that it would keep an idle. after about 5 minutes I started to slowly turn it back out to around 3 turns out and this worked. You could also use a heat gun to warm the motor but I didnt feel like getting mine out. So once I got it hot, it idled nicely until it was almost empty, and then I stopped the motor. Im about to go do the 2nd tank. I'll post the results later. -Brad
Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Break-In >>Second Tank

Second Tank was not as simple, but it worked out in the end. I had to adjust the idle a bit and lean out the high end needle to keep it from stalling. I will be running it some on my lunch tommorow and I will post how the tunning goes.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

I didnt get to run the buggy in the parking lot yet, I had grown up things I had to do on my lunch that kept me from my FUN! Sucks! Well I will run it sometime here in the near future and post it when it happens. -Brad
Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Bump to the front!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Well I just finished Running My DBX in my parking lot. I have to say, that once I started to lean it out it really came alive. I leaned out the High end and got the top end pretty nice. I leaned out the low end needle a total of a 1/4 turn. Then she really started to move. I am going to take some video of it in the parking lot doing some short staights and post it on youtube and I will post the link on here. I will get it done as soon as I can. Maybe tomorrow, its going to be nice, and I might be able to get some one to tape it for me. Well that is it for now, I will post the video and anymore feedback that I have. -Brad
Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Bump to pass!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just received my DST anybody know where to get parts? THanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.