Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight RTR Spektrum DX2 >

Losi 8ight RTR Spektrum DX2

Losi 8ight RTR Spektrum DX2

Old 01-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight RTR Spektrum DX2

Looking at the pictures it does not look like a normal DX2.. whats the go with the radio in the RTR kit.. looks like it could be a cheap rtr version of the DX2?? any thoughts on this? I have noticed that the 8ight-T (truggy) kits comes with what looks like the normal DX2.

Last edited by Phroz; 01-05-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

There are two versions the one that came with the earlier 8ight rtr is a squarer looking one and the one that comes with the 8ight T looks like the JR XR3 but neither is cheaper than the other ,they are still spektrum. The 8ight T does come with different servos to turn and brake a bit better.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

The 8ight Buggy RTR comes with the Spektrum 2 while the 8ight Truggy RTR comes with the Spektrum 2.0 radio. The 2.0 system was introduced after the 8ight Buggy was already bundled, so that is while the truggy comes with the newer radio version. I'm not sure if they will eventually bundle the buggy with the 2.0.... call Horizon if you want to check. When I had my 8ight B RTR I didn't care for the looks and feel of the Spektrum 2 radio so I sold it and purchased a 2.0 radio.

From my understanding, if purchased as a radio kit, the servos and RX that came with the Spektrum 2 are the same as the ones with the 2.0. The main difference between versions was the styling of the radio and button placement. Spektrum also has the 3 and 3.0 radios.... the x.0 are just newer versions.

The servos that come with the 8ight RTRs are slightly different. The truggy comes with a z650m servo for steering while the buggy comes with the z590m (142 vs 85 oz/in torque). Both use the z270 for TB. Since the truggy needs a stronger steering servo it comes with a slightly more powerful one.

Notice the number 2 and 2.0 in the pictures below:

Spektrum 2 Radio

Spektrum 2.0 Radio
Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Good photos!! I prefer the 2 over the 2.0, don't know it just looks and feels better to me but if I had my way I would have a DX3R. Apparently thr 8T rtr comes with a 330 for throttle not the 270.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Ah... maybe it's out dated already, but the 8ight T RTR Exploded PDF states z270.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...loded_View.pdf

Thanks for pointing it out though....
Old 01-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Updates wouldn't surprise me though, the 270 might have been alright for the guys testing it but the regular joe basher truck wrecker would have killed it in no time!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hmmm... I have a few 270 servos that are over a year old and have no signs of wear. Currently they are in 2 of my CRT.5s for TB... haven't failed me yet.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by luisv
Hmmm... I have a few 270 servos that are over a year old and have no signs of wear. Currently they are in 2 of my CRT.5s for TB... haven't failed me yet.
Think about what you are saying for a minute , you are talking about something half the size of the 8T , of course they are fine. 8T is fairly big and takes a bit to stop from full steam that's why they need a stronger servo so reign it in, especially with all the trouble Losi had with Z270's burning up from people not setting them up properly.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry... you're misunderstanding me. I agree that the 270 shouldn't be in a truggy. I was merely stating that it's a good servo none-the-less. Originally the 270 was in my 8ight B RTR and it worked out fine, but I eventually upgraded it. I think people simply bash them and make blanket statements that the 270 are bad servos... in the right application it works out just fine.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

The stock rtr servos are fine as long as your end points the set properly. Losi wouldnt use them if they knew they would burn-up. I dont think BOOST understands himself!! He got alot to say, but what is he really saying?? Hes tryin to help I guess but hes the one needing help...
Old 01-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MetalShield
I dont think BOOST understands himself!! He got alot to say, but what is he really saying?? Hes tryin to help I guess but hes the one needing help...
Yeah you can talk Aye!, I have read some of the information you have tried to give people and some of it was way off.
I only give information about things I have had experience with.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=MetalShield;4041836]The stock rtr servos are fine as long as your end points the set properly.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them, but we all know how many people didn't set them up properly and burned them up which ultimately became Horizon Hobby's problem when people called complaining about them. They then had to send out new servos to people and to the slow learners a second servo, possibly a third!!!