Fuel Changing

Old 12-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Fuel Changing

I have been running the Trinity Monster fuel for a while now and really can't complain. But i have noticed that people useing the Odonell or the byron fuel seem to have the engine running nicer and at a more consistant level. Is this a sign of a better fuel or could they just be useing a high nitro percentage. I am really just wondering if the Trinity stuff is good, or if i should be running somthing else, also is 20% the common perecent for offroad racing.
Thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

20% is more for bashers and just having fun. 30% is what most racers use. The higher nitro content yes makes you go faster, and more consisntant tune, and in anything over a .21 will have lower temps. But at the same time it breaks the engine down faster with less lubriation. But to most racers the benifits outway the bad. Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If you're using 20% and want to switch, get 20% in the other brand so you can know if there is a difference. Remember that oil content from another brand's blend can be different, like sport, RTR, basher and race. Those will make a difference also. As for 20$ nitro, its common, but 25% & 30 % is for most who want the most power, but this is sometimes at the cost of engine longevity. O'Donnell's is good. I'm now using Maxy's and TQ.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I switched from Byrons to TQ and love it car runs cooler and the price is good $105.00 shipped to your door
Old 12-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rltanner View Post
I switched from Byrons to TQ and love it car runs cooler and the price is good $105.00 shipped to your door
Go to RCSignup.com and get the TQ discount sale. I need to order a case of 30% by the end of the year before it ends.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any one compared Byron to Sidewinder fuel? I'm currently using Byron and it's very good but what's the Sidewinder fuel like?

Chaz