.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:. >

.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Default .:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:.

Hello all,
My team is deciding what engines to run this season and it is between Go Engines and Jammin Engines. On paper it looks like Jammin .21 takes the cake with 3.0 horse power versus the Go .21 with 2.7 horse power. However, I want to hear personal input before I make the decision with just claimed data from the manufacturer. Any input is appreciated... good or bad, we need to know. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Don't even think about judging an engine by its supposed horsepower. I've heard users of both give each engine its praise. If your team is thinking about using one of these engines, because of your situation, I would buy both, and do a "team test" back to back. Both are quite cheap and its not like you have to toss the one you don't like, as its likely that a team member might want to use one instead of the other.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Don't even think about judging an engine by its supposed horsepower. I've heard users of both give each engine its praise. If your team is thinking about using one of these engines, because of your situation, I would buy both, and do a "team test" back to back. Both are quite cheap and its not like you have to toss the one you don't like, as its likely that a team member might want to use one instead of the other.
i agree there both great engines, and the only way to tell what will work better for your team will be to buy one of each, let each team member drive them, and then put it to a vote...

these VS threads will get you know where...i could be bias being im a Go driver, but i wont, but most of the opinions you will get wil lbe bias...
Old 12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Yeah good advise from all here . Like mentioned , get a few of each and see which one suits. Id say make sure equal set up and driver capability to make the best comparison between the two ..
Old 12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have both a Jammin .21 and a GO 5 port. The GO is what is in my car, if that says anything. I really like to GO! Easy to tune, great power and smooth. My choice was the GO, but I would recommend doing the side by side comparison like I did.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 12-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Wow, I wasn't exspecting this kind of an answer, but I think its a good one. In fact it is a great idea. However I would still like some input so I can decide which engine to test. Like has anyone ran both engines?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

A MEN to that.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:13 PM

I heard the Jammin has a kind of odd powerband, kind of on/off switch like, lol. Is this true?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
I heard the Jammin has a kind of odd powerband, kind of on/off switch like, lol. Is this true?
i have a very good friend that runs the jammin 21 and he says the power band is very smooth...

depending on what Go engines you chose the power bands are very different, but very smooth...the 5port seems to be the popular engine, and has massive bottom end power with good top end...the 7port has huge top end, but still has a good bottom end, and the 3port race is unknown at this moment, but from what im hearing will drive alot like the vspec...i think the 3port is gonna be very popular...
Old 12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

I run the JPx .21 and it's a monster. Very smooth power band and loads of top end with the right pipe.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the Jammin JPX 21 is a rebadged Picco P7R EVO 2.......excelent motor with a huge broad powerband..it has alot of bottom end and a killer top end..Judging from dyno results the Picco has the bottom end of the Go5 port and the top end of the Go7 port all rolled into one...... Now of course results are also very dependent on tuned pipe used..a JP2 will kill this motor dead, so will a Picco 069................I really like both the Go and the Picco engines... but I do think the Picco has a little nicer machining and material quality, as well as a slight performance advantage .. also the Go piston is cast, while the Picco piston is billet..

Both the Picco and the Go have similar carb issues, both often needing to have the carb barrel sealed to the main body...where the composite and aluminum meet it is prone to leakage when the aluminum gets heat soaked and tolerances change.......... Most people didn't even realise the Picco's also leak like this which can lead to tuning nightmares....the Go engines leak the exact same way... another issue with the Picco carbs is the slides sometimes bind up when heat soaked, so sometimes it takes some sanding and polishing to get the slides working free and smooth.

All in all both are great motors, i will be running both this season... My Picco as my main engine and my Go as my backup, at least till I test the modded 7 port Go !!!

Overall for modding I can see the Go 7 port having more power potential then either the EVO2 or the Go 5 port... which is saying alot as the modded P7R EVO2 is absolutely bonkers for a .21..I really like the 3 port MES style exhaust the 7 port has.... with some modding the 7 port will be a big winner.......not to mention the 7 port makes huge power with relatively conservative port timing...IMO there is alot more power to be wrung for the 7 port....
Old 12-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Thanks for all the quick replies, I will talk this over with my team mates this weekend. Once again Thanks!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

both are good flip a coin!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have 2 - OS VSPEC, OS Speed, 2 Jammin JPX and and 1 Go 5 port Turbo. Here is my rating.

1. OS SPEED - Easy to tune, tons of power and great run time. (JP3)
2. Go 5 port turbo- Easy to tune, tons of power and great run time with the right pipe. (086)
3. OS V-Spec - Easy to tune, tons of power average run time (JP3)
4. Jammin JPX - Fast when tuned correctly but tempermental, Can't keep a tune with average run time (JP3 and JP4). I kept flaming out.

For the money, you can't beat a GO 5 port turbo.

Last edited by nta01; 12-20-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I've had both the Jammin and Go engines, jammin was purchased new, go was bought used.

The Jammin had better machining, more power, easy to tune, and averaged 8+ minutes per tank.

I used the Go in my 8b, and the Jammin in an 8t simply because the Go had less power and made driving the twitchy-ass Losi a little easier.

If your part of a team, Go ( race factor industries) has a very nice contingency program.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.