Engine Prob.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Engine Prob.

when i start my car and drive up the street and come back and stop the idle slowly dies. lean or richen what needle?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

that aint enuff detail man.......how hot is it.......is it as soon as you start itn drive it then bring it back then it dies, whilst it is still cold....could be the idle is set to low....

if it bogs down and blows plenty of smoke wen u open it up, its rich....lean the bottom end about 1/8 of a turn and then move onto the HSN....2/8 of a turn lean it out each time...then once the top end seems good....move back to the bottom end....and lean that out 1/8 of a turn at a time...

if the idle is too low....increase it...if it runs fine after u increase the idle dont touch any other screws...

you have to give more details when you have a problem.....it is just like me saying.....my car starts.....then i drive it.....and then at idle it just turns off....!!!
u cant diagnose a problem just form that!!

hope this helps mate!

wog