Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
air brushing bodies >

air brushing bodies

air brushing bodies

Old 12-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool air brushing bodies

how much of a difference is there between the bodies and say plastic modle cars just wondering have used the spray cans before any advise would be greatly apprecatied

thanks,
Travis
Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am not sure I understand you question, but if you asking about the difference between regular paint for a model car and paint for a RC car then I offer the following explaination.

The spray paint used for plastic models is different from RC cars. You have to use Lexan paint for the RC cars and paint the body on the inside. Lexan paint has more flex so the paint won't flake or chip off when you crash the RC car. You can buy Lexan paint at any hobby store.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

I'm just repeating and adding to what petevette said.

Regular model cars you spray from the outside. Just like a real car. The R/C bodies are polycarbonate (lexan) and we spray from the inside. The clear body keeps the paint job looking better for a very long time. The paint for R/C cars is more flexable and in many cases water based.
The spray cans cany be used for R/C bodies. Be sure that you buy the paint for R/C bodies!! Pactora (sp) is the norm for R/C paint.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I'm just repeating and adding to what petevette said.

Regular model cars you spray from the outside. Just like a real car. The R/C bodies are polycarbonate (lexan) and we spray from the inside. The clear body keeps the paint job looking better for a very long time. The paint for R/C cars is more flexable and in many cases water based.
The spray cans cant be used for R/C bodies. Be sure that you buy the paint for R/C bodies!! Pactora (sp) is the norm for R/C paint.
you sure because i just painted my body with lexan spray paint in a can so you can spray paint them
Old 12-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Suspended

I believe he meant regular spray paint that you might buy at a store such as Pep Boys or something.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I used regular paint for a spray bomb job once.. Was pretty funny everytime I landed a jump during a race you would see paint chips fly off. Always use rc specific paint after that one.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Yeah, my dad learned that the hard way too - back in the day he painted a body for his RC10 with that paint, and by the end of the first day of use it was pretty much gone.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the advice i read my question agian and rael ize i didnt make it clear for u guys, i appercatie the help
thank,
travis