Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Revo Suspention Configuration. The best? >

Revo Suspention Configuration. The best?

Revo Suspention Configuration. The best?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default Revo Suspention Configuration. The best?

What is everyones oppinions on the revo's suspension.

is there any "Cons" about it?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Cons might include not easily being able to adjust the preload like you can with vertically mounted shocks(but you can still do it...just a bit more difficult since you can't wrap your fingers all the way around the shock body when the shocks are mounted). Also the stock Revo pushrods seem to be a weak link and bend easily...this can be fixed with upgrades though so I wouldn't say pushrods in general would be a con to this cantilever type suspension setup. To some people weight might be an issue since you're basically adding pushrods, rocker mounts and the rocker arms. I can't really think of anything else right now...it seems to have more pros than cons in my opinion.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

The in board suspension system on the Revo is awesome. Some day there will be a buggy that utilizes it. I've seen it used on a rally car.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

Originally Posted by revo_race
Cons might include not easily being able to adjust the preload like you can with vertically mounted shocks(but you can still do it...just a bit more difficult since you can't wrap your fingers all the way around the shock body when the shocks are mounted). Also the stock Revo pushrods seem to be a weak link and bend easily...this can be fixed with upgrades though so I wouldn't say pushrods in general would be a con to this cantilever type suspension setup. To some people weight might be an issue since you're basically adding pushrods, rocker mounts and the rocker arms. I can't really think of anything else right now...it seems to have more pros than cons in my opinion.
Thanks i now know a lot more about the suspension.

Originally Posted by satoch
The in board suspension system on the Revo is awesome. Some day there will be a buggy that utilizes it. I've seen it used on a rally car.
a buggy that utilizes it... *drool* *drool* *drool*. That would be awesome. or a truggy with that would be nice also.