!~R/C Tank Adapter~!

!~R/C Tank Adapter~!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up !~R/C Tank Adapter~!

!~R/C Fuel Tank Adapter~!

Hello,

I have an idea that i would like to share with you.
These will change how you refuel your nitro fuel tank.
Now not saying it will go big or anything but i think it could help a lot of poeple and make your refuel time a lot quicker.

These is going to be hard to explain over the comp but i will try my best.

Ok,On all nitro R/c's you have a Fuel tank.The lid on the fuel tank were you push open and pour fuel in.So most poeple put Zippie ties on the lid so wene they come in for a pit stop you just pull on it,It open's the fuel lid and you pour your gas in and goo!

Now i have a different idea for the fuel tank.
Ofcourse you will still have the tank but you take the lid of the tank and you put on a peice that goes over the circle fuel lid and it stay's.I am calling it a condom.
But you take of the regular lid and put on the peice over the circle on tank and it will stay on here.

So you got the peice on there now i dont know what to make it out of,Maybe get a little square of fuel tubing,Cut out and put on it like a Condom.

So say you have the fuel tubing over the circle and it is on there good and takes some force to get off.Now you gotta make small cut's around around it like a circle,So thene you can now put your finger in there and take back out.

Ok so say you got that and wene you come in throw the pit area all you gotta do is stick your fuel bottle-fuel gun throw the little body hole and squeeze the fuel in and go.Now that save's you a lot of time and you dont have to take more time and pull on the zip tie to open the lid all you do if pour the gas in and goo!

Now i know most of you are probly thinking that will never work because even though you can put the fuel in there without opening anything wene you take jump's the fuel will jump out of the whole a little bit.Yes i have though of that and i have found a way,Wene your making the little cut's on the tubing just make sure your blade is really small and it will not let much fuel get out if any becuase if your blade is too big wene you jump or land over on its back fuel will get everywere.

Now let's talk about the the peice that will do everything,It can be fuel tubing which i think would be the best or there might be something better but i can not think of anything right now.

Here is a little link to an adapter that the Paintballer's use(Speedballers) put on there electronic loader so they dont have to open the lid and pour p-ball's in they just pour paintball's in and that's it.

Link Below
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...sAAAEPiwujEgyB

Now a lot of poeple maybe thinking right now that is stupid and it wouldnt ever work but just take time and think about it.Save time,Faster pit stop's etc....

Now i though of these a while ago and still thinking about it but tryed telling some friend's but they were geting confused.

So what do you guy's think???

So little review,You take off lid on tank,put over a quare of fuel tubing,cut out to make circle around lid tank,Use small knife or hobby knife and but line's around the whole in the tank,Pour fuel in and Gooo!

Well tell me what you think.
Long read hu lol sorry.

Thnx,XsX/Dave
Old 12-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you make holes in the tank like you say, that'll only help air get in and contaminate the fuel.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nay0k
If you make holes in the tank like you say, that'll only help air get in and contaminate the fuel.
Hmm,Didnt think about that,Well look's like these is going down the whole lol.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Another problem is that the tank is pressurized by using the pressure from the exhaust. If you start making holes and don't seal off the tank, the pressure is gone on your engine will run like crap....

I like the out of the box thinking though, but the tank needs to be sealed properly. Maybe a quick fill lid like they use in enduro racing might be an idea, where the lid is held down with a spring, but you can just push your fuel bottle on it to open it up...
Old 12-10-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think you've got a GREAT concept!

Take it one step further what about a type of one-way valve. The first thing that comes to my mind is a valve in the human heart. Blood flows one way but not the other direction. This would solve leakage and keep the pressure needed in the tank.

The one I'm picturing in my mind would look different than current tanks. Simply a hole with the one-way valve and the pressure valve located in a different part of the top of the tank. As a matter of fact, I think I've got an idea for a simplified valve to do this....

Wow, I think I'm going to try to make one....
Old 12-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bushyar15
I think you've got a GREAT concept!

Take it one step further what about a type of one-way valve. The first thing that comes to my mind is a valve in the human heart. Blood flows one way but not the other direction. This would solve leakage and keep the pressure needed in the tank.
Ya good idea but if it goes in how cant you stop it from comeing out...That would be hard.Hmmm
Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xsxracing
Ya good idea but if it goes in how cant you stop it from comeing out...That would be hard.Hmmm

The one-way valve will keep the fuel in...

When I used to road-race motorcycles we had quick-fill gas tanks. That worked on a similar principal. The spout would push the valve down. It was spring loaded, so when the spout came out, the springs pushed it shut..
Old 12-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bushyar15
The one-way valve will keep the fuel in...

When I used to road-race motorcycles we had quick-fill gas tanks. That worked on a similar principal. The spout would push the valve down. It was spring loaded, so when the spout came out, the springs pushed it shut..
Hmmmm
Old 12-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use a fuel gun on 1/10 and 1/8 off-road....my pitman fuels me in 4 sec....that's from the time he first touches my car till he puts it down. That's pretty fast. I'm sure with some more research you can work out the kinks in your idea.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeller
I use a fuel gun on 1/10 and 1/8 off-road....my pitman fuels me in 4 sec....that's from the time he first touches my car till he puts it down. That's pretty fast. I'm sure with some more research you can work out the kinks in your idea.
Exactly.

Additionally, my inconsistent driving eats up more than 4 seconds in the time between pit stops. Saving a second on a 4 second fuel stop is inconsequential.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Quick pit stops are not the only benefit. Think bigger picture....

Since the tank seals with a valve no more accidental tank lids opening on a crash or the "zip-tie" loop getting nailed inadvertantly opening the tank....

I've seen buggies crash which dumped the fuel out.

I've seen more than a couple gas tank lids not seal properly and the pitman having to push it shut. On occassion forgetting to do that and having the buggy stop after a half a lap and die...
Old 12-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think a one-way valve similar to racing motorcycles, F1 cars and Indy cars would be the way to go. Not sure if you have to pressurize the incoming fuel to get it into the tank that way or not.

Doing away with the zip tie and chance of not getting the lid shut would be really nice.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Dont forget about the dirt factor. Dont want dirt sitting ready to enter ur tank as soon as you open the valve.

Tim
Old 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXD745&P=SM

When my dad has his quarter scales, we used fuel valves plumbed to the tank and mounted in an easy to get to location. You had a specialed fuel bulb with a metal fitting on the end, that you pushed thru a rubber receptacle, opening a valve an squirt the fuel in. Kinda like some other thing us men might like doing
Old 12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gave alot of thought about this also this past fall. Using a 1 way check valve is problly the easiest way to do it but how to keep it clean from dirt is a big issue. Also have to worry about the increased/decreased fuel capacity when you have it mounted