Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OFNA 8.5 Owners >

OFNA 8.5 Owners

OFNA 8.5 Owners

Old 12-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default OFNA 8.5 Owners

Anyone own this buggy? If so what advices or tips can I get to make this buggy just as good as a losi 8ight or an mbx5r. Anything I should modify, replace, or upgrade before building? Thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Go check out nitrohouse.com, they have a few tips for this buggy. I have 2 of them. Actually one is my wifes and we love them.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its a tank, especially the front end. no need for hopups.

maybe 1 thing thats nice is the king headz 1 peice engine mount
Old 12-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Virtue
Anyone own this buggy? If so what advices or tips can I get to make this buggy just as good as a losi 8ight or an mbx5r. Anything I should modify, replace, or upgrade before building? Thanks
Better than both IMO ,very hard to break this car!! Handling is exellent, in the hands of a good driver car could hang with any buggy on the market!!!
Sure you will love the 8.5!!

thiis site is very informative for set ups or any other issues:
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewforum....d34552a4d98240

Last edited by easyryder; 12-09-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well I've run the Jammin X1-CR....thought I was upgrading when I went to the Mugen MBX5R.....I found the 5R didnt fit my driving style....so I was going to go back to the X1 but took a closer look at the Hyper 8.5....and I'll tell you this....I havnt looked back since. The 8.5 will walk the walk and talk the talk...trust me...the Hyper 8.5 buggy will shake the screws outta the compition.

Drop in a nice .21 and tear it up.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamminFan
Well I've run the Jammin X1-CR....thought I was upgrading when I went to the Mugen MBX5R.....I found the 5R didnt fit my driving style....so I was going to go back to the X1 but took a closer look at the Hyper 8.5....and I'll tell you this....I havnt looked back since. The 8.5 will walk the walk and talk the talk...trust me...the Hyper 8.5 buggy will shake the screws outta the compition.

Drop in a nice .21 and tear it up.
WOW im impressed the best pic i have ever seen on Rc Tech. Nice Rack (steering that is) LOL..
Old 12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's a great buggy. Great bang for you buck.

Like the other guy said, go to the OFNA forum (Use the link posted earlier) and search for information there. The top thread (After following the link) is a Hyper 8.5 setup thread.

Have fun with it!

Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer
WOW im impressed the best pic i have ever seen on Rc Tech. Nice Rack (steering that is) LOL..
yeah.....the wifes a hoot after a couple drinks...I'd like to use some others I've taken but I'd get banned
Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's a link to our brief race report from the JConcepts event (It's in a Hyper 8.5 Setup Thread, so there's setup info with it as well):

http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8428&start=75

Felipe finished sixth in the Sportsman A Main (Could have been a DNF, but the Hyper is pretty tough and easy to fix in a pinch - long story, read the report for some more detail).

I was unable to make quals on Friday, breaking in a new motor and chasing setup on Saturday. I also had technical difficulties with my rx battery connector (Came loose during the B-Main forcing early retirement)...

I wound up 7th in the Sportsman B-Main. Wasn't due to the buggy, though... Due to bad preperation on my part, LOL...