Buggy advise?

Old 12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Buggy advise?

Ok guys I am trying to decide on what to get. I am curious as to how the parts availability is on the CEN Matrix buggy? It seems to be the best bang for the buck that I can see. I am not even sure exactly how much I am going to be able to race. How good is the radio system compared to the LOSI? To me looks like the Cen has better servos.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The radio that comes with the CEN is a pretty good system, but it is FM. The Losi comes with a Spektrum radio, where you don't have to deal with crystals...

Have you had a look at the TeamVTX VTX-B1? Check it out at www.teamvtx.com! IMO it's the best budget buggy available! It will get you to the track quick thanks to its complete package and the handling is really good too, as well as all the tuning possibilities!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Andy, have you considered any other buggies? What are most guys running at your local track. It is very important to get a car that is popular at your track so you can get help from the racers. They can assist with set up advise so you don't have to start from scratch trying to figure everything out. Also, if you break a part, there is a good chance that someone will let you borrow or sell you the part so you can finish racing.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Most of them are running the Losi. My issue is that I am not looking to drop a grand just to go out a few times a month and have fun. I would like to get something that I can get parts for pretty easily though. Does anyone know if the CEN is easy to get parts for?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
The radio that comes with the CEN is a pretty good system, but it is FM. The Losi comes with a Spektrum radio, where you don't have to deal with crystals...

Have you had a look at the TeamVTX VTX-B1? Check it out at www.teamvtx.com! IMO it's the best budget buggy available! It will get you to the track quick thanks to its complete package and the handling is really good too, as well as all the tuning possibilities!

How is the parts av on this buggy?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Haynes
How is the parts av on this buggy?
There are several dealers around that carry the parts. You can also order directly from Hobby Depot (www.myhobbydepot.com), which is directly associated with TeamVTX. They generally have all parts in stock and can ship it out quickly.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

CEN just got picked up by Great Planes and their parts are on http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_25_534 as well as hop ups
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_24_629
Old 12-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Matrix is an awesome buggy very durable and handles great
you can get all CEN Racing cars and parts at headrushhobbies.com
http://headrushhobbies.com/estore.as...itro%20Buggies

if you have any question on the matrix post it and ill be happy to help you out
Old 12-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If the Losi is already very popular at your local track then it's the only choice the way I see it. CEN and the others are good but the Losi will have better parts availability(locally), you will have a better chance of borrowing parts at the track (this is a big one), the car's performance is proven so you'll be competitive right off the bat and it comes with an excellent engine and radio. If it were $200 more than some of the others it would probably still be the best value for you.

Get the Losi and enjoy.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
If the Losi is already very popular at your local track then it's the only choice the way I see it. CEN and the others are good but the Losi will have better parts availability(locally), you will have a better chance of borrowing parts at the track (this is a big one), the car's performance is proven so you'll be competitive right off the bat and it comes with an excellent engine and radio. If it were $200 more than some of the others it would probably still be the best value for you.

Get the Losi and enjoy.
I agree, get the RTR for $650 maybe less on ebay swap the grease in the diffs to sillicon, change shock oil, and you'll be up and runnin. Eventually you can turn this into a racer all the way but will be good enough to hang right now.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hyper 8.5 is also a very good buggy. Great bang for your buck.

CENs a good deals too.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

had a buddy that had a cen and didn't like it so he sold it and got a MBX5R and loves it to death
Old 12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcpipeliner
had a buddy that had a cen and didn't like it so he sold it and got a MBX5R and loves it to death
for an rtr that would be way out there in price...
Old 12-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18901

RC8 is now RTR too
Old 12-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hang on tight and wait for the Hyper 8.5 in RTR form if that's your flavor (rtr). I've run a couple different buggies and our track is loaded with all of them....In my hands....the Hyper 8.5 shakes the screws outta the compitition....it's a solid buggy....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.