I need help

Old 12-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I need help

I have a savage with the XTM 24.7 six port and it keeps dumping fuel out the exhaust pipe why? But the truck runs ok
Old 12-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
I have a savage with the XTM 24.7 six port and it keeps dumping fuel out the exhaust pipe why? But the truck runs ok
If its pouring out its to rich. But it will always blow fuel if its tuned correctly.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Lean the high speed needle a little at a time, but keep an eye on the engine temperature.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

I will try this thank you much its hard to get fuel here in Iraq
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Wow, Iraq! How ironic, "it isn't easy to get fuel in Iraq". Are RC's popular there? Is there organized racing or just bashing around?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

The camp im at "Taji" has three tracks, only one of them has some organization to it. Camp Liberty has two real nice track's set up and four jack around tracks. The problem im having with fuel is getting it flown from the states to here. I have it shipped home then home ships it here by air.and with the amount of fuel im dumping out the exhaust its getting expensive.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Cool, sounds like your in the military? How many other people have cars there?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

The camp im at "Taji" has three tracks, only one of them has some organization to it. Camp Liberty has two real nice track's set up and four jack around tracks. The problem im having with fuel is getting it flown from the states to here. I have it shipped home then home ships it here by air.and with the amount of fuel im dumping out the exhaust its getting expensive.
thats great!!!!! not the fuel dumping part, but the fact that the us military lets you guys build tracks...

as for the problem is this happening on top end or low end??? if its the top lean you top end needle 3 hours at a time keeping a close watch on the engine temps until the large amounts of raw fuel stops pouring out, but keeping a nice rich blue smoke clowd...if its on the bottom lean the low speed needle 1 to 2 hours at a time once again watching the temps, and be sure when you punch the throttle that there is no bogging, if so richin it 1 hour until the throttle is nice and crisp...hope this helps...
Old 12-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Jason thanks that did the trick now the front tires come off the ground. Pete theres twenty two of us here at this camp with trucks, in about two weeks there will be three new ones joining us. There just waiting for there trucks to get here. during the holidays the mail is so slow over here.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Man, that is great! Alot more then I expected. I spent some time there myself during the first part, 1990. Glad you guys have some time for R&R, I know how crazy it gets there. I am sure you guys will be having a great time after the holiday with all the extra gear I am sure you will be getting. Have fun and keeps us updated on what is happening in Iraq, with regards to RC anyways.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Jason thanks that did the trick now the front tires come off the ground. Pete theres twenty two of us here at this camp with trucks, in about two weeks there will be three new ones joining us. There just waiting for there trucks to get here. during the holidays the mail is so slow over here.
thats great!!!!!!!! glad to help anytime...
Old 12-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad to hear that you guys are able to have some fun with your RC cars on your 'down time'.

Hopefully your buds get theirs in quick and you guys can start racing each other! I can already hear the 'smack talk'.

Stay safe... Semper Fi...
Old 12-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Will the CEN NX-76 (.46 ) fit the savage?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hey Ray Ray,dont know about the fit............

I just wanted to tell you Thank's for fighting for "OUR FREEDOM"...........

Merry Christmas to all of our TROOP'S

Be SAFE!!!!!!

AMEN TO THAT....WHY DOES THIS KIND OF NEWS NEVER MAKE THE NIGHTLY NEWS AT 6PM......

YEAH TEXAS

Texas Councilman
T. Bubba Bechtel, a part-time City Councilman from Midland , TX , was
asked on a local live radio talk show the other day just what he thought
of the allegations of torture of the Iraqi prisoners. His reply
prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience.

"If hooking up an Iraqi prisoner's balls to a car's battery cables will
save one Texas GI's life, then I have just two things to say":
"Red is positive"
"Black is negative"
"AMEN"
Old 12-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have seen a video from Kuwait on you tube that have a race track! It was some good racing. I would sure hate to hit the there sand bags though.. weee bit hard on the ole control arms. I dont believe that the Genisis engine bolts into the Savage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.