Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
HB Ask Jeremy Felles  (Nitro Edition) >

HB Ask Jeremy Felles (Nitro Edition)

HB Ask Jeremy Felles (Nitro Edition)

Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Default HB Ask Jeremy Felles (Nitro Edition)

Hey guys,

I created this thread as a place for all questions regarding Hot Bodies nitro offroad cars. If you having any questions regarding HB setups, kits, or just what we're up to feel free to ask them here. I'd also be happy to discuss upcoming punk shows in the Southern California area....just throwin that out there.

Happy Racing
Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

lets give your thread a test, ill start off easy

my LHS said i should need to change my glowplug after break in (it should be dead?) i didnt really believe him, is he right? what kind would i need to get? hot, cold, or medium.

im runnng a .28 lrp zspec, and my running temperatures are from 10 to -10 farenheight (-15 to -30 celcuis). i also dont have a temp gun, and its a pull start if that matters.

thanks

EDIT: damn, now i see the "HB only" kinda thing... i thought this was like Aaron Waldrons thread where we can ask any question. sorry.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Mugen- I'd be happy to try and assist you with anything related to keeping your car running. Generally the plugs undergo quite a bit of stress during break-in and often times will fail soon after so it is important to have a spare or two. With regards to a hot/cold plug it would be best to contact the engine manufacture and follow their guidelines (especially when running in those kinds of extreme temperatures).

Then all you should have to do is take your freshly broken in engine out of your Mugen and put it in a HB Lightning2 and you should be set.

Thanks for helping to prepare me for the complicated questions that will inevitably befall this thread.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Social D @ HOB this month, you goin?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Sickboy- I really wanna check out at least one of those shows (of the 100 they're doing) and I'll definitely be at the Glasshouse the 15th for Guttermouth as well as HOB Sunset on the 22nd for the Vandals Xmas Formal. If you're gonna hit up a Social D show let me know.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Felles what up? How is it over at HB?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Black- Yo man its great. I'm making over a mil a month and I'm actually sitting on a dense cloud that they have blown to accomodate the specific body design of each employee as it is softer on the body than the traditional chair. How are things? Been dominating lately?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/kit.p...=66781&lang=en

thats the lightning2? how is that better then my mugen? i think my mugen is a pretty decent car, especially for what i do, and especially when you compare it to my junk himoto.

for the glow plugs: it doesnt matter the glow starter im using? im using the one i got for free from my himoto kit. it works pretty good id say.

and is there anything special i should know about changing the glow plug? i was fooling around with the engine the other day and i took off the cooling head off and noticed you can easily work on the glow plug there, but is it gonna all complicated like when i took my pullstarter off and it fell apart and i couldnt fix it again?

another few questions i thought of:

how come no one uses metal rims? i rarely see metal rims on anyones buggy.

and the engine from my himoto doesnt have a pull starter on it, i broke it and threw it away, but it has the PS engine backplate, and theres like a 3/4 inch or so thing thats part of the "whole pull start system" (it pops out). if i took a socket and put it in a drill, could i almost make my own "drill start" or is that bad for it? does it absolutely need to be used with a backplate? i have a starter box, so can i just put a pullstart backplate onto it and take the string out and run it like that? or does it have to be a certain, closed off metal backplate?

did any of that^^ make sense to you?

thanks.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Mugen- First off I must apologize, I thought your first post was a toungue in cheek "test" to goof around with me on the thread. Thats why I suggested the HB car, messing around mostly. (Though I must admit that I'll always suggest our car because it rocks)

You can use any glow plug igniter to ignite your glow plug. Just always be sure that it is charged and in proper working condition.

Metal rims aren't used on the buggies because the extreme weight rotating at the 4 corners of the car would be extremely difficult for the engine/drive-train to handle...not to mention they would be quite expensive.

With regards to your backplate issue I'll start by saying yes, you absolutely need a backplate (it is necessary to maintain compression) and the plastic pull start case alone is not sufficient. I am having a little trouble deciphering the rest of that section of the post and can say from experience that it would be much easier to take that engine into a hobby shop (or show it to a knowledgable friend) so that they can give you accurate advice on how to get it up and running.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

What up Fez?

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Thanks man. Not a whole lot goin on, just trying to hold it down for HB *voice crescendo towards the end of the sentence along with a DMX style bark*
Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

no one around me has rc cars, and my LHS doesnt really know what hes doing.

i see what your saying on how the engine wont have any compression with just the PS on it, i think im just going to get a normal one and see how it goes. thanks for the help.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Jeremy,
Hot Bodies is code name for your real passion right? So when are you letting people know when you plan to come out of the closet? Are you racing Kyosho Race at Rev this weekend? Craig is in town.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

edseb- I had actually scheduled the Kyosho race for my triumphant closet exit, but plans have changed and we will be down at Bending Corners demo-ing our spec class cars on Saturday.

Don't stress man, my public persona doesn't have to interfere with our relationship.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Jeremy!

Derek said you need a hair cut.

Troy Weatherholt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.