Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hot Rod Hobbies >

Hot Rod Hobbies

Hot Rod Hobbies

Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There are some of us. I do most of the big races held there but am a little far away for club racing.

www.hotrodhobbies.com has most of the info you will need for that place.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hot Rod Hobbies

is there anyone here that races at hot rod
Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

i have raced there once before, its a great track. very well meaintained. i hope to get out there more, there races are lots of fun.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

They race on Tuesdays and Saturdays....usually a decent turnout!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by playboy
is there anyone here that races at hot rod
Hot Rod is a great facility run by a great guy! It's our favorite race track.

Last edited by skysnake; 11-26-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Rookie

We race there every Saturday night. The Saturday night crowd are very cool. Very helpful to anyone and everyone. Notch Johnson usually announces the races and he does a heck of a job! My son took 2nd over all for sportsman 1/8 buggy and i took 1st sportsman truggy for the last series. The track is a little small, but a lot of fun. The currant track is better suited for 1/8 scale. The previous layout was much better for 1/10, but we complained to Jimmy, and we built the currant layout. Nice triple!!! Jimmy is an awsome owner/promotor. He listen's to the racers and tries his best to accommodate everyone. Great place to race.

Jeff
Old 11-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Jeff! Guess who

I race sportsman 1/8 scale buggy at Hot Rod every Saturday and got 1st for the last series. Its really a great track and everybody takes pride in it. I know people who drive all the way in from Bakersfield to race!

cant wait for the weekend!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default HotRod Hobbies Video

You can see the layout in this video shot at the recent JBRL race.

http://www.undergroundrc.com/videos.aspx?uID=48
Old 11-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Nick,

Ya buddy. Your gonna get another 1st this series too, right?(just say yes!!!)Did you race last Saturday? Was Randy and Johnson there? Did you see your picture on the jbrl site under the Hot Rod race? Check out Bill's photo on the drivers stand. Man, he looks serious! Super nice guy though. Still can't believe Kevins Jammin caught fire at the jbrl. That sucked!!

See ya,

Jeff
Old 12-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

yeah!!
no, i didn't race that day. But I bet Johnson was there, he even went out when there was the big fire!

Bill was in the zone, man!

nik.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Nick,

You were doing great Saturday night. Please don't be to hard on you dad. He's really trying to be a good pit dad! Somtimes we just don't get things right. ya know! Leading the race and flaming out after the pit stop sucks! But, there's always next week, right? I didn't even start the main cause my starter box battery dumped. That won't happen again!!

See ya

Jeff
Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Yeah there isn't any point in getting mad over a club race, then its no fun. What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

i plugged my starter box charger in backwards once.....poof Live and learn I guess.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, it is a club race. We know how well you were doing. You were smokin everyone. You will do it again. Your getting smoother and faster everytime out. Lap times don't lie!!! It would be nice to see Jamie do that, but he get's too racey ya know! Sometimes he gets a groove on but other times it goes away! Live and learn. It would have been very cool to win. It WILL happen. But you know you are right. It's for fun. And it does make you better cause it's NOT going to happen again. You guy's learned what to watch out for. We had those same cap issues. I'm going to replace the spring on the cap now cause it seems like it's leaking. We should talk more about the issues were all having so we can learn from each other and do better as a team. In n out after ?

Jeff