Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tuned Pipe / Header dyno test results >

Tuned Pipe / Header dyno test results

Tuned Pipe / Header dyno test results

Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Tuned Pipe / Header dyno test results

here is some header and tuned pipe combinations tested on my modded P7R.... I am very impressed with the TTR 2035 for such a cheap pipe

Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Where is the fuel economy graph? Power means nothing if you have to make 6 pit stops.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RBMike
Where is the fuel economy graph? Power means nothing if you have to make 6 pit stops.
What am I supossed to say to this ???? I am providing people with dyno tests of different pipe/header combos... a simpe "thank You" would be more appropriate IMO..... I am providing some very usefull information....

FYI this motor has won multiple A-Mains, and is being tested after a full season of racing...it has never had an issue making 9 minutes plus on 150 CC with 9 mm venturi... track has 175 foot straight and is loose dirt... this mill will run down a C6 like its in reverse as well !!! War Picco !
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Seems like pretty good info. I have the TTR 2035 long pipe also. I want to try the 2039. Got one coming. I had a Nova 86 pipe. That thing pulled so hard on my P5X, it would literally run down cars ahead of mine of the straight. Need to get a another one, mine got totally destroyed. I think the 2035 is holding back my Axe Rossi Cobra. I strapping a 086 pipe on it tonight to see how it runs. For the price though, they are good for a 3 port or sport motor.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
What am I supossed to say to this ???? I am providing people with dyno tests of different pipe/header combos... a simpe "thank You" would be more appropriate IMO..... I am providing some very usefull information....

FYI this motor has won multiple A-Mains, and is being tested after a full season of racing...it has never had an issue making 9 minutes plus on 150 CC with 9 mm venturi... track has 175 foot straight and is loose dirt... this mill will run down a C6 like its in reverse as well !!! War Picco !
Your absolutely right Maximo, you deserve a "thank you". Disregard the ungratefull people that you may run across. Most of us really appreciate you posting those results.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

figured it out
Old 11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Seems like pretty good info. I have the TTR 2035 long pipe also. I want to try the 2039. Got one coming. I had a Nova 86 pipe. That thing pulled so hard on my P5X, it would literally run down cars ahead of mine of the straight. Need to get a another one, mine got totally destroyed. I think the 2035 is holding back my Axe Rossi Cobra. I strapping a 086 pipe on it tonight to see how it runs. For the price though, they are good for a 3 port or sport motor.

We tested the TTR 2035 with both stock manifold that comes with the pipe as well as a Novaross short conical manifold... the TTR with the shorty did very well..

the Cobra X1 is a very long stroke .21. so i could piping being a little different.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

We tested the TTR 2035 with both stock manifold that comes with the pipe as well as a Novaross short conical manifold... the TTR with the shorty did very well..

the Cobra X1 is a very long stroke .21. so i could piping being a little different.
It don't have the TTR header. The TTR 2039 is strapped to the Axe Rossi header on a short stroke Mamba. I have a Nova short conical header. I'll give it shot also.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

PICCO POWER RULES! Thank you for the info you are doing great work!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

All these dyno tests are being done by Adam from AB Mods...He is testing a few of my motors and pipes for me..... But this is actualy all of his hard work, not mine LOL !!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

What Nova header are you using? Is it conical long/short or is it a parabolic header? There are 3 types, standard, conical, and parabolic and have different lengths.